MONDAY MINUTES

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Sunny

Re: MONDAY MINUTES

Postby Sunny » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:29 pm

Just wanted to say Hello!

We were up at 4:30 am and out of the house by 6:15. Dh had his procedure at 8 am and we've been home for about an hour. He is a bit uncomfortable so went back to bedroom to lay down. I'm sure he'll nap for a while. Follow up visit with dr. in one week. I stopped on the way home at drug store and 2 Rx; antibiotic and a pain med.

I heated up some tomato soup for lunch. Other than folding a set of sheets and a blanket from the dryer from yesterday I'm not doing much today. I love Mondays; everything is still neat and clean from weekend. That is one reason I've made Mondays my desk day, quiet work after a busy weekend!

It's nice that Fay now has company in her henhouse again!

Hope OK gets to feeling better. I'm glad you had a nice weekend with your dfamily Harriet. It is nice sometimes just to sit back quietly and watch family interact and enjoy each other.

I feel bad for all who have lost power from the early snowstorm. Ddil#1 dbro & family live in Conn. and they lost their power, from fallen trees I guess; hope it's fixed soon. They have two small children.

My dgd16 has all AP classes and almost always has all A's on her report cards. She gets very upset with herself if any of her grades slips close to a B.

I didn't get much sleep last night. I think after I fold and put away those sheets I will take a short nap, too.

bbl....
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:44 pm

Oh, Sunny my small brain missed that it was to happen the very next weekday - all best wishes to Mr. Sunny today and I hope he gets rest.

I keep thinking I've already missed Dee and so don't say "goodbye" and then she pops in again! Dee, I believe you are excited! Have a wonderful trip.

Had a delicious veggie omelet fried in Coconut oil - first time I've cooked with it although HRH certainly has. It's supposed to be good for me! At $9 a bottle, it is not good for the pocketbook, but I can mete it out carefully!

My ddad has been worried about a dollar bill left on the washing machine. I finally told him we would ask dd13 when she gets home if it belongs to her and he is satisfied. I actually think HRH forgot it there, but only the dd story has calmed my ddad, since it makes sense to him that $1 is enough for lunch, (not),
so she just gained a dollar. Sigh. Every day it is a different minute detail of life that can get my ddad so upset, and he combs the house for potential problems, to make sure he is worried enough. But I think he is grateful for a quiet day, not having had one since early Friday.

helia, that would be cool to have a homemade costume photo in the Art, Craft and Needlework thread!

Kathryn, HRH just called me to say there's a report out just now on CBS news (he's listening to radio) about black licorice, and he thought of me and others on the board who like it. We're supposed to be careful with it because it lowers potassium, which can affect the heart. :(

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:50 pm

Progress report:
1) drove to post office to send & receive mail
2) 4 big reports updated & printed for sewing group
3) 1 report Emailed to sewing group board

2 more big reports for the board that I'd like to get worked up & printed yet today, about the recent classes and sewing retreat. Also need to start writing articles for the newsletter.

However, I think I'll fix lunch and maybe take a nap before getting into those.

Cute logo at Google for Halloween.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:54 pm

Harriet: I'm glad your dad isn't combing my house for potential problems... it would keep him far too occupied, listing them all.

I'm on hold with Blue + in order to pay them. I could wait (bill isn't due until closer to the end of the month) but I want to get the paper off my desk.

Lunch is done, newspaper read, dishes washed up.

Ds is here, reading. He had nothing to do so decided to come out early and hang here, rather than hang at his house. I suspect using this time to do housework at his house never crossed his mind!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:39 pm

Oh, thank you, BookSaver! I got so caught up in that for dsil's sake, and watched the video of how they all worked so hard on it, here, down the page. I've emailed him about it. He is really good at that craft and will get a kick out of this.

helia

Postby helia » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:04 pm

Back from the groc. store and groceries are put away. I also stopped by Walgreens to pick up meds, one script for each kid. :roll: Ds and dd13 now take low level antibiotics to help with acne. Dd16 missed the acne gene, lucky girl. Ds is home now.

OK, I think I'm understanding that Fay is one of Harriet's hens? Yes, your dad could certainly find lots of things here to be concerned about. There is a small hill of items found in pockets sitting on the counter next to our washing machine.

Sunny, your dgd16 sounds like my dd16! My dd16 is a sophomore and the only AP (for college credit) course that is available to sophomores (w/out special testing - but even so, very few 10th graders test into other AP classes here) is AP US History. That is pretty ironic since it is one of the most difficult exams to get a 4 or 5 on. At least, stats I looked at once show a low percentage of students get 4s or 5s on it. She is taking as many accelerated/Adv/pre-AP (different schools have different names) courses as she can. Next year, more AP courses will be available to her. I must say, though, she is taking a non-special level jewelry making class, which sounds hokey but has proved extremely enjoyable for her. The class is working with metal, so she has been using soldering irons, chemicals, and small blades to cut and sculpt tiny pieces of metal - and loving it all! Her work looks "professional."

OK - I might need to shut off this machine. I'm off to study Hebrew - downstairs since dd16 is doing homework and playing music. . . .

OKay

Postby OKay » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:11 pm

Taking a break and trying to decide if I will make a 2nd pot of coffee. DH took LO with him this morning so I could focus on developing a couple of spreadsheets. While working non-stop at the keyboard, I managed to consume 1/2 pot of coffee without even noticing I was sipping cup after cup :shock: Maybe I should just focus on sipping my water the rest of the day. :D

Sunny - I'm glad to hear Mr Sunny procedure is over and he is home resting. Did they give you a time frame to expect the results to be returned?

DDad is starting a new medication today. DParents are excited about the possibility of DDad being able to breathe a little easier. DMom has called 3 times this morning asking me to do this or that. I've got all her request done.

Witness list = 62 people. I'm tired of thinking about it. I've got about 48 hours to finalize the list, so I'll put it on "the back burner" and let it simmer awhile in my unconscious brain space. :roll:

Sadie

Postby Sadie » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:03 pm

Hello dear ladies,

It is a very nice day here, 72 degrees, sunny with a breeze.

Feeling for all those with snowy weather.

Wondering today why I don't get here as often as I used to and realized I'm at a different season of my life with different routines. Lots more away from home time than I used to. Some days I don't even turn the computer on. Work more hours at WM. But I try to check up on all of you as much as I can.

See that Indiana is starting to feel better and hoping it continues. Congratulations to LucyLee and Dfamily!

Glad to see the MTs are settling in.

Feeling a bit tired and think I will try to nap a while.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:50 pm

Harriet can your dad go with you to do chicken chores?
8-) It's breezy out but the sun is out now and it's a pretty day.

Journaling & QT done.
Hand wash is done now too.
I've mowed and gotten the upstairs vacuumed counts for my exercise today.
Swept the new flooring.
Last load of laundry is in the dryer now.
Carport has been swept.
Lunch is over.
Time for another round.
Sweep & mop bathrooms hall kitchen & dining room done!
The bathrooms are done now.
I'm feeling productive here. :mrgreen:
Next up make dinner. x
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:37 pm

Sadie, it's good to see you stop in - we've missed you.

This is our first Halloween in 19 years w/o kids here - we will have a few trick or treaters but probably not many. DH is out bowling, so I'll read and answer the doorbell. I didn't get any Halloween decorations up outside this year. :shock:

I probably should shut my poor ddogs up in their crates in the garage for awhile. Poor boys, they will miss the fun.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”