New Month November

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
bittersweet

Re: New Month November

Postby bittersweet » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:15 am

Timmie's has been bought and consumed (saving one tea biscuit for later). DS is up and getting ready for work, DH is still sleeping. After I make my list, I'm going back to bed for a couple of hours...this going to bed at 12:30am and getting up at 5am is NOT for old folks! :roll:

1. Library book return
2. Bottles to depot
3. Shopping at a couple of stores to find a winter coat and some warmer pants for work.
4. Critter care
5. At least one 15 minute RR (10 - 15 minutes per room)
6. Attend NaNoWriMo write in at south side library for a couple of hours.
7. Dinner out with DH
8. Tweak morning schedule to allow for heading to work at earlier time

I'd like to get some work done in the yard, too...getting it ready for winter...but it's already looking like a rather full day.
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:05 am

Good morning, villagers ~
Lots of energy here on the board this morning. 2 pages already before 9 AM my time!

I've been slogging through 2 event reports for sewing group. Emailed them to the event coordinator for proofing.

Washer & dryer are running, dishes soaking in the sink.

Next up will be to sort out some plastic food containers to donate.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:14 am

MT, we have always moved ourselves until the move here 15 years ago. We hired a local guy and him and his 2 helpers moved the heavy furniture and appliances. It was during the week and everyone else was working, dh and I did all the boxes. Dd2 decided to do that this time and if he has time he will move as many boxes as possible. Since our move won't be as hurried, we will also have him do the heavy stuff and the refrigerator, if we decide to take it for the garage. I had recommended him to the friends who moved away. They used him and they were so happy, nothing was dented or damaged in any way on their long distance move.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:26 pm

Happy November to everybody! I goofed today, thought it was Wednesday and did some chores I should have waited a day for... only discovered my error when I got here!

Sure enjoyed reading back what everyone was up to. I guess MT's traveling today (wonder if the pigeon is around, sounds like maybe somebody's pet carrier pigeon - and wonder if it's tame enough to let someone read its tags?) And Dee traveling today, beautiful day here in FL to be traveling!

Really enjoyed Harriet's family vinette, including for sure Fay! It's a wonderful feeling to have family all around together.

Hoping everyone is feeling well, thinking about LittleOne and Helia's dd, and thinking about Indiana getting better..

We are fine here except I have been trying to squeeze some sewing time in which means when I get up I hit the floor running. Sunday was very busy helping 3 times with communion also. My time is more than up here so I have to run. Last LOL needs hung up now and I need to ride to bank. There are just enough hours!

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:44 pm

I got back up around 9:45am feeling quite a bit more rested! Now that I've almost finished another cup of coffee, it's time to get some things done around here.

I think I'll work in rounds of five...that tends to keep me on track better by breaking things down into smaller bites.

- downstairs critter care
- pick up dog bombs in back yard
- get dressed/take meds
- put away clean dishes
- bring in vacuum and cat litter from car
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:45 pm

We've always hired movers. It was part of my deal with dh. He promised to earn tons of money so we could hire people to do the physical labour home ownership entails. In light of that deal, he's done more than his fair share of labour but moving was always subbed out. Even when we just moved things around in the house, I often hired a couple of men to do the work and did it while dh was away.

I'm home for a lunch. Heat is on at the church. I worked steady at Presbytery so we actually accomplished stuff today. Some days I feel like I waste my time.

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:46 pm

Nope - we're still packing.

Yep - the pigeon is still here. I called the 4-H leader but no one has pigeons as a project. It is not tame enough to catch so we can't read the tags.

Picnic Table / tools / fridge / air compressor are loaded - thank to friends.

I'm still putting stuff away in the MH that need to travel soft - TV /Dishes / pictures.

We will move tomorrow morning.

Time to do a bit of kick back. Then off to lunch with friends.
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:59 pm

Good morning all! Last night was my first ever trick or treat with DD. In the past XDH took her and I passed out treats. Either I didn't get any kids or no one liked my treats, because there were tons leftover. However, they are all lunchbox type snacks, so I will donate them to the school. I picked up all the Halloween decor in the yard and put it in the shed, not in bins yet, but at least it won't get damaged. I did some inside cleanup, but it still looks like Halloween inside. Tonight has to be Girls' Night In because DD has strep. I have Chinese food in the fridge for us.

Still proofing documents. Tonight I will try to get all the laundry folded while DD watches a movie in my bed.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:19 pm

I never could figure out why they had that No--mo writing challenge in Nov. I"m not a fiction writer so have not done it considered it a few times.

No granny duty today so I've slept in.
H. just left to go paint.

I have the sheets off the bed and in the dryer now.
Forgot to to that and dusting yesterday so they are on
my list.

I'm happy because I found my yarn! Yea I can start a puppet.
Got my schedule for the next couple weeks to that is good.

I've turned the calender.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:28 pm

I finished proofing the document. There are 7 pages of modifications needed (some trivial, some not). Now I need to get them done.

Return to “Post When You Can”