Windy Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Windy Wednesday

Postby Nancy » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:42 pm

Lunch & lunch dishes are done.

I know what you mean with folks around and trying to get vacuuming done Harriet. I try to do that when they are gone or early in the morning.

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:35 pm

I am in my new house!!!

I have the bed blown up and made, big chairs and lamp in LR, and computer set up in den.

We are officially pooped. After this post and one to my kids - I'm going for a DDP and a couple extra strength Tylenol.

I'll catch up later.

PS: I'm looking north out the big window that looks thru the those pretty palo verde trees. It is so quiet here I can hear the fridge on the other side of the living room and kitchen. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:49 pm

Yeah, MT is in her new house!

The loan officer called at 5:15 and the disclosure papers are ready to be signed. Once they are signed we can lock in our interest rate. I will pick them up in the morning, read them and call them if I have questions. Once I am done, I will call dh and he will come to town to sign them. I offered to drive out to the plant but he prefers to come home.

Didn't get any boxes packed but I am caught up on the laundry and have my clothes changed out. Talked to dd2 and I don't think she made a lot of progress, so I will try to take things over this weekend.

Made chili and was out of chili powder. I use it , Williams chili seasoning mix and R otel. I ended up adding an extra can of R otel. Dh has a cold and can't taste much, so I didn't tell him any different. :lol: :lol:

helia

Postby helia » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:31 pm

Your quiet house "sounds" wonderful to me, MT. Between dd16 playing her pandora station (not obnoxious music but a constant drone in the background) and ds practicing his clarinet in his room and dd13 practicing her oboe in her room. .. . well, you can imagine it is not too quiet here. :| At least I can't hear the oboe much from where I'm sitting, so just 2 different sorts of noise.

sherinjoy

Postby sherinjoy » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:25 pm

Congratulations MT on your new house! I'm so happy for you that it all worked out wonderfully.

Hot and dry here today, with winds blowing all the leaves off the trees. That's fire danger weather, but fortunately we're supposed to get rain tomorrow.

Working on Quicken updating tonight. Back to the salt mines!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:47 pm

I'm waaay too far behind to respond to anything, I guess... and must definitely post and run b/c (as usual) I have a million things to do before bedtime. * whew *

We changed from 9-week grading period to 6-week grading period, and it seems like WHEEEE -- here's another six weeks ending MUST POST GRADES... * whew *
I generally do have my grades caught up in the computer, but I'd like to get a few more in, and kids are anxious to know their averages.

We went out to eat again w/ds & ddil tonight, since ddil seemed to feel bad about missing our little outing last night.
Then when we got home, daunt called.
Keep in mind that we had birthday for dcousin5 two weeks ago.
Last night, dcousin called to ask if I could help NEXT weekend (on Sunday) w/housewarming for dcousin whose house burned last summer.
And TONIGHT, daunt called to invite us to family bday party for Aug/Sept/Oct bdays THIS Saturday -- at the same house where the housewarming will be the the following weekend.
:shock:
DH had already declared that he would NOT be going to the housewarming -- he just does NOT "do" Sunday afternoons except under severe duress.
He planned not to do the bday party on Saturday, but just now, he muttered that he guessed he would go on Saturday; he doesn't feel right about skipping three "events" in row. He is wondering why on earth we can't "warm the house" at the same time we eat bday cake. :lol:
At any rate, I am thankful he says he will attend. I didn't cause any duress about any of this, b/c even for ME, this is getting to be a bit much. But I do love my aunts and cousins, and enjoy spending time with them very much, and I think my boy cousins enjoy talking to dh, too... so I told dh we could go late & leave early.
My goodness, they are a social group. :roll:

I must get to work.

Thanks for input re: vacuum.
Tomorrow is another day.

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:12 pm

Here's the list I posted earlier today:

1. Laundry
2. MBR

3. Pick up book on hold at library - Done!
4. Critter care - Done!
5. NaNoWriMo write-in (didn't go yesterday due to special dinner with DH) - Done!
6. Consignment purchase pick up - Done!
7. PC to pharmacy to see if insurance covers script for test strips - Done!

Are y'all seeing the same pattern I am here? Yep..I'm still avoiding the laundry and MBR! :oops:

However...the write-in was an amazing experience!! I was there for just under three hours (with a 45 minute break to go pick up the consignment stuff), and in that time, I managed to get almost 2500 words written :o The writer-in-residence that was running it was friendly, funny, encouraging, motivating, and I was really glad I went!

Now I'm heading upstairs to grab some dirty laundry...I need to do at least ONE load before bed!! While I'm up there, I'll do a 27 thing fling in the MBR...there's enough bits of this and that scattered around to do several of them :oops:

After that, I'll spend some time with the kittens while doing some research on DH's computer.
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:49 pm

Waving Hello to All......

We spent another quiet day here. Got my daily routine finished early, swept carpets in main living area, dusted furniture, etc. I managed to keep the kitchen cleaned up all day and after dinner I even wiped the cabinets off when I did the counters.

We were to have dfam#2 here for dinner, but ds stopped on his way home from work to let us know they would not be coming. All last week ddil and dgd16 had been sick with a fever, coughing, etc. Dgd stayed home from school one or two days, but ddil had to go even tho' sick because the teacher she is the assistant for is out on family leave due to the death of her father. Ddil is the acting substitute. Of course this is what she is training for in her schooling, so this will give her a chance to get some experience at planning and running a classroom. Anyway.....they are feeling better, but dgd8 is getting sick, starting with the fever. If they are feeling ok, they might come on Friday.

We had already started prep for dinner and had eye of round roast cooking with potatoes, carrots and onions in the pot with gravy. It tasted good, we haven't had that for a long time. There is plenty left for another meal with them on Fri.

Harriet, I had to LOL at the vision of Tobias streaking into the house past you. Maybe he and Sammie need a formal introduction so that if they have a chance meeting again it won't be so traumatic!

MT, it's good news that you made the trip and are settled in your new home for the night. I'm glad the weather wasn't a problem. Take your time and enjoy setting up the house just the way you like it!

Thinking of those who are ill, traveling, busy, or just needing a ((hug)) or Good Thoughts, etc. etc.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:45 am

waving from thursday afternoon
welcome home to MT
omg where does it go to Harriet.(If you bag into the barn - it I'd add something that repels critters.) I cant' imagine the big pram. unobtusive off to the side ???
Lilac - prayers for all concerns
Lucy - just buy it. - I had to replace a new mattress I positively hated - I found it painful to lie on. Sometimes we just need the mistake purchases out the door.
And put it down to experience ... not to swept away by any door to door sales pitch.
Mine was to buy mattress from a bedding expert - not a sales expert just flogging what they sold that they had on hand.
Indiana - gentle hugs and prayers for quite days that help you get stronger

I just asked neighbours lad to mow my yard - he was doing the driveway. I said I wanted to pay him as I'd been meaning to ask. My mower blades need replacing.
Have been working a bit on adding new routines. slowly slowly.
tossed a few things this bin day. not in the rag bag. not making me happy. then there was all the encyclopedias I bought with groceries - 1 per week - when kids were at school. Really - surpless to everyones requirements .

Waving to all
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”