Windy Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lilac

Windy Wednesday

Postby Lilac » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:52 am

Good morning all! We are suppose to have high winds all day. Have already had 54 mph gust.

Lilac

Re: Windy Wednesday

Postby Lilac » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:14 am

Along with the wind we are suppose to get 1 to 3 inches of snow. The temps will be in the 30's. It will be short lived because tomorrow it is to be sunny and 40's.

I plan to stay home today so I can pack the excess, do laundry, etc. I do need to make myself presentable in case the bank calls and I need to go pick up paperwork.

Spent yesterday afternoon at dd2. She packed up the closet in dgd2 room. I taped and labeled the boxes and wrangled the kidlets. She told me that she plans on having several areas ready for me to start bringing things over tomorrow. It would be ideal if I could do that while she is at bible study.

Dh has come down with a cold. We are both hoping that I don't get it.

2 of my cousins that are sisters are suppose to leave on a cruise later this week. The younger one is in their local hospital in the ICU. She has pneumonia in both lungs and they are having a hard time getting her blood pressure up. They have so looked forward to this trip. This cousin is 40, dd1 age. She has had health issues her whole life. She has been unable to get pregnant and wanted a baby so bad. Her sister commented on F acebook, that her and her parents had made the 3+ hour trip in record time.

Dd1 had to go out of town to a conference last night afterwork. It was a 6 hour trip and I was glad to hear from her when she called to let me know that she was there. She will be home Friday.

I really ought to start up the pellet stove at some point today.

Well I guess I better quit rambling on and get breakfast and meds over, so that I can get busy.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:36 am

I had 2 very bad days and then yesterday it turnefd around and I'm doing better.

It is hard to remember just sit and sleep. Don't do anything.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:44 am

Indiana, it is so good to see you posting. You are missed when you are unable to post. Be sure to take it easy while you are rebuilding your stamina.

Just talked to dm, she called to tell me about dcousin. Her husband found her unresponsive when he came home from work. She had worked yesterday but doesn't remember getting home.

Haven't had breakfast, better do that.

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:46 am

So glad you are feeling better, Indiana. Sorry about the 2 lousy days.

Today is M Day - M= Moving. And, of course, we have been hit with strong winds today. They are supposed to calm down by mid morning - but they kept me awake in the wee hours this morning.

Sorry about DCousin, Lilac. Hope she gets better soon.

I'd better hop in the shower and get going.
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:50 am

Oh, so good to see Indiana this morning. And thank you, Lilac, for getting us started - you have a lot on your plate!

Last week in St. Thomas I was getting up between seven and eight to full bright sunlight - this morning I slept in and woke up at 8:15 to sun not up yet. Will be nice to have earlier daylight next week but I always hate coming home after dark in the winter.

Kathryn, I'm considering a SAD light - do you have recommendations? Over 30 years ago I had a major clinical depression at this time of the year, and each year I think I have a little dive in my moods as the days shorten. I'd probably have to put in on the kitchen counter where I use my laptop, tho.

I need to be out in less than an hour to get a massage, and tonight I have a temple commitment. Other than that, my day is free except for all the things on my to-do lists.

Oh, yes, I've been having a giggle about the image of Tobias faced with the big outdoors, and Sammie faced with having to determine the appropriate behavior when faced with the little fur-ball.

I'm going to read the paper and have breakfast and then get ready.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:52 am

MT, I hated to hear that winds were affecting you also. So excited for you that today is MOVING day.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:26 am

I guess I should have said earlier that we are to get rain changing to snow. When I went upstairs to eat, it is sprinkling.

I have decided to just do my hair if the bank calls. Otherwise, I won't waste time do it.

The area that dd2 and her family is moving to is an exclusive area outside of town. The backyard is beautiful, behind it is sagebrush and a lot of it. Snakes have been known to be an issue. I about screamed yesterday when she told dgd15 and I that if it is a problem for them, they will have to move. I actually couldn't believe it when they decided to buy the house because I thought of snakes and figured she had too. I just didn't want to harp on the issue.

They have a little dog that looks like a mini pinscher and there is no fence at the new house. Yesterday her and dgd15 mentioned the dog and said they could leave it there. I told her no thanks, it isn't in the contract that the dog goes with the property. That silly dog runs away every chance she gets. She has ruined several window screens on the sunroom that they have to replace. Plus you can't walk in the backyard without her jumping on you. Besides if I wanted a dog I would already have one. We have had dogs before and after the last one we decided no more dogs, you get attached and then something happens to them. The last one was so sweet and any dog after her wouldn't be able to compare. So no thank you. Dh wants to get a beagle when he retires, so we will see then.

Well I better get the bgs or it will time for dh to come home and I will still be sitting here, posting away.

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:01 am

I'm glad that the sun is shining here. The wind is going down a bit now and is supposed to dissipate by 11. (it is 8 now) We are ready to roll except for packing the neighbors pickup bed and hooking up the cargo trailer.

My tummy is in knots. AND - of course - the Imodium is packed away somewhere in a box marked stuff in the bottom of the pile. I'm going to just hope I'm empty enough to make it.

TTFN - neighbor is here with his truck.
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:08 am

Good morning everyone! I am back on the no caffeine bandwagon after last night. I only had caffeine at lunch and still had trouble getting to sleep. DD and I had Girls' Night In because she had strep. She is going to school today, doctor ok'd. We watched Bewitched and Hogan's Heroes after dinner. All she would eat was rice. I got more Halloween cleanup done. Today at payroll I am modifying documents, so I had better get to it.

Lilac: What is bgs?

Return to “Post When You Can”