Windy Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Norma

Re: Windy Wednesday

Postby Norma » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:34 pm

It has turned very cold here now. We can always plan on Halloween being the weather turn around. On the other hand, we have only 2 more days after today and we are on our way to Maui for a week. YAY! :D When we come back we are only 2 weeks and 2 days away from going South for the winter. I am soooo glad.

Today I go for my x-ray on my back to see how everything looks post surgery. I have 3 PT days left and will do them when we return. My therapist is very happy with my progress and I could probably have done away with the last 3, but as long as Medicare gives me 15 sessions I may as well use them. Right?

I haven't posted much lately but check in everyday to see how INDIANA is doing and if the EMPTYNESTERS are closer to getting to Congress. Yes they are! Good for them. :D

Have a grand day all!
I go to nature to be soothed and healed , and to have my senses put in order. John Burroughs

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:42 pm

Saw Norma's light on - hi, Norma! How ya feelin'? Big plans coming together?

HRH came and took my ddad along on some errands. (THANK you) I swept and dusted the LR, pulling out furniture, decluttered and rearranged things so that we appear to have sense. :| (achoo) I threw a bunch of catalogs and incidental mags away and brought necessary catalogs to the bedroom, where there's no room for them either, really.

:?: I am thinking of putting the giant toy set into a leaf bag to move it... somewhere. I guess if it was in a thick leaf bag it could go to the storage barn, right? Mice go after things other than plastic, anyway? I'm hoping? HRH says it is the last thing he would worry about, but I know other people don't leave toys in the LR.

Ah, there Norma is!

And further progress by 3, I swept the porch and walkway.

It is National Deviled Egg Day in the US.

OKay

Postby OKay » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:58 pm

~~~~waving Hi to all~~~~

I'm finally ready for today's meeting! YEAH!! woke up early this morning and started working on remaining documents. YucKie. Yuck. Yuck0, but now they are done. Looking forward to next round of documents I need to put together.....I gathered/prepared/printed one month of documents to see if that is what is being requested. I surely do hope I'm wrong. It took me HOURS to do the ONE month worth. If I have to repeat this process for 36 months, I'm going to need to clear everything off the calendar....give up eating....give up sleeping....and take time from every other vital activity in order to get it done.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the day, because regardless if the news is good or bad from the meeting this afternoon......I'm going to have some FUN this evening!!! We will pick up older DGS's and girlfriend from school then do some playing.....some eating.....and a whole lotta talking. After church we will drop the older ones back at their home.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:10 pm

((OKay)) I hope at the meeting you hear that you have gone above and beyond the call of duty and can relax. I know you are exhausted. How unfair this is to you - you need a secretary. It occurs to me you could keep a record, as a lawyer does, of the hours. Someone might care.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:35 pm

My sympathies go out to all of you who are working non-stop. Thankfully, I am having an easier day. Results from working non-stop the past two.

Lilac, I do hope your DCousin gets better quick. She sounds really sick.

Harriet, LOL picturing the cat dashing back inside. Perhaps you should get Sammie acquainted with him (her?) in a nice calm way just in case this happens again, at least poor cat wouldn't become Sammie food.

DH was talking with DD2 today about our trip up this weekend to work on her house, and dropped a bomb shell, he is planning on leaving here early FRIDAY morning to be able to spend an extra day up there working. So. We'd hoped for Sat, Sun, Mon if possible, but work has come in and he needs to get back. So DD is busy rushing around trying to pick up and put away anything in the house in the way. It's a huge amount of work up there she needs to have done, so we're going to be super super busy.

I ned to get to store to get some things to take. Waiting for DH to get back with car, he's at the church doing a job there.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:54 pm

Harmony, I am sure that your dd appreciates all the help she is getting from you and your dh.

Okay, ditto for me on Harriets comments on your situation.

Norma, have fun in Maui. I for one am anxious to hear about your adventures this winter with cowinkie and sweetie.

Twins, your lunch wrap sounded delicious.

I had other comments to make but time it getting away from me. I realized that I had meant to change out my clothes today before I started anything else. So I am working on that. I found a lot that I should get rid of but packed them away anyway. The church has a free give away of clothing in April. They call it Day of Services. They also give free health checks, etc. Anyway I prefer to give them my clothes, because clothes just do not sell at garage sales. Dd2 had cheap prices on them and still had a lot to donate to G oodwill.

It is snowing but it is melting so far. I finally lit the pellet stove.

My name should be Ramblin' Rose.................

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:56 pm

dust some done
ex. bike & arm work out on Total Gym w/ dgd for extra resistance
that was fun! =D x

Lunch next up we had a late "breakast" as dgd calls it!
Then my walk my foot is better today yea!

Play doh fun time is done.
Story time is too.

Harriet I'd get a plastic storage bin for toys in the barn.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:42 pm

Harriet: If the play thingy will fit in a plastic bag, than I'd go with that. Double bagged for my peace of mind. Most of my friends have toys in their living rooms so that doesn't seem strange to me. In mine, if you lift up the lid of the coffee table (which is actually a chest) you'll find a Thomas The Tank Engine train set and other toys. And the bottom shelf of my bookcase in there also has an assortment of wooden trucks. I don't even have a grand child or young nephew to explain this!

Busy day here, more progress. Choir went better than expected since two members who have been absent all fall showed up (and yes, although we aren't supposed to know, they have been absent together - dh and I saw them returning from a camping trip together during one of our walks.)

Dh and I had our walk as well. We sang one of the livelier anthems while we walked to keep our pace up and that shows we are learning the music by heart, a good thing. I needed the extra exercise in light of having lunch out and choosing fries (which I knew I could manage to chew) over the salad (which I can chew but it takes forever and needs special cutting up.)

I think I might pass on a full dinner tonight.

I'm doing my light therapy now, since I missed doing it this morning (well, I did it for 5 minutes but that's not long enough.)

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:00 pm

LOL, Kathryn about the choir members!

I have "wasted" today, except that I also feel I probably needed to waste some time. :D I did round up a roommate for tomorrow night at the homeless outreach and rounded up three movies that the kids might watch tomorrow night. I also did some research and made a phone call regarding a situation that a member wanted the congregation to act upon, and found his concerns unfounded.

I need to leave here by 6:30ish. I'm going to try to work three rounds of 25 up until I leave. That will have to include changing shoes and primping a bit to go to temple.

And off I go.....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:32 pm

Successful round altho my lower back started hurting once I was on my feet for long.

Weird text from temple office mgr - don't know why she didn't email me. Only found text when I was looking for my phone to text ds because I still don't know his GT mailing address, and I have a care package ready to send. :D

And again....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”