Windy Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lilac

Re: Windy Wednesday

Postby Lilac » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:25 am

Elizabeth, bgs is b utt glue solvent. :lol:

Elizabeth, I am really enjoying reading your posts. You and your dd are having some really good bonding time. I am so happy that you seem to have made peace with your situation. Also, I am so proud of you that you have such a great relationship with your ex. When your dd is grown she will really appreciate all the sacrifices that you have to make being a single parent.

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:26 am

And Away we go * * * * * * *

See you in Congress, AZ this afternoon
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:30 am

Lilac, dd needs a fence for her puppy! And possibly needs to keep Billy the Exterminator's snake repellent recipe on hand!

If your dh hopes for a beagle and there is much wildlife around, a fence might also be smart for him, not to keep things away so much as to deal with beagle's natural scent-following instincts. They tend to get into a trance-like state and just keep going. I hope your dcousin is able to leave the hospital soon with a good prognosis.

I awakened with Indiana on my mind today.

Travelers Emptynester and Dee will also be on my mind through the day.

Twins Mom, we never really heard what your favorite part of your trip was? Were you pleased with the place you stayed?

I have to work on this house. Sigh. Neighbors coming are a little judgmental I think. And we are so generally crowded now. Dd31 has left both a second (large upholstered) stroller and a big children's play set (2x2x2 of many parts) in our LR. That doesn't seem so bad - right? Just put them away, but WHERE? A stroller in the storage barn would be subject to mice, and I also wouldn't want a children's toy there, really, since I'd feel like I had to clean it before bringing it back inside. My ddad evidently intends on napping on the LR couch all day, so when am I supposed to run a vacuum? I've really got to kick him out of the LR for his naps. That's why HRH and dstepson went to all the backbreaking trouble of bringing the upstairs couch into his room for him, plus a television set.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:41 am

Harriet, the house we are buying does have a fence. Their new one doesn't. Also, I told her that there is such a thing as snake repellant, so I am sure she will be using it.

Harriet, when dh worked shiftwork for 28+ years, I too had to be quiet while he slept during the day. I was younger then and would clean house around his schedule. Now if is doesn't get done during the day, it doesn't get done.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:14 pm

Thanks Lilac. I am getting flack from friends over letting XDH have most of the custody rather than a more 50/50 arrangement. It's nice to hear something supportive for a change.

I have completed 5 pages of modifications (with a few left outstanding) and have two more to go.

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:19 pm

Harriet wrote:
I have to work on this house. Sigh.

AMEN!!!!! I'm now on my fourth day off in a row, and I really haven't done much of anything in the way of housework. I've taken care of a good many other errands and small projects, which is always good...but the house needs its share of attention, too.

Here's today's main ToDo list:

1. Laundry
2. MBR
3. Pick up book on hold at library
4. Critter care
5. NaNoWriMo write-in (didn't go yesterday due to special dinner with DH)
6. Consignment purchase pick up
7. PC to pharmacy to see if insurance covers script for test strips

I'm sure there's more I'm missing, but I can't think of anything else at the moment.
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sadie

Postby Sadie » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:56 pm

Hello dear ladies,

We got dark clouds on the horizon here, storms on the way. Saying it will be rain. See there is snow north of us.

LucyLee, I don't think that item will be a Black Friday item. Don't know much about WM.com sales. If it was me I would buy it now at the reduced price or see if the Sears one is the same for less. Just my opinion. But I just buy things as I need them and don't do a lot of waiting for things to go lower.

Went and renewed my driver's license this morning.

Work day for me.

Have a great day all!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:10 pm

Lucylee I buy most things when I need them. Not before, 'just in case', that's how you end up with too much stuff. Not after, because if I can wait until later then I guess I don't really need the item, do I?! If I think I'll need something, I'll start watching prices and then I know the right price to pay.

I had a busy morning, getting off to see my friend. Managed to get a shortened exercise in and did a chore for dh before heading out the door. Spent the whole morning with my friend including lunch out.

We have a few minutes until choir.

The weather is windy here but hot (i.e. 58) and sunny.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:21 pm

Just checked fb and dcousin will be in the hospital 3-4 days. They can't keep her blood pressure above 40, not sure if that's the top or bottom number. They have done a heart sonogram on her. Her sister commented that if this had to happen, she was glad it was now and not while they were at sea and would need to be airlifted. Her husband is a pilot. They had moved within the last 6 months and he changed jobs, so he could be with her every night. I shudder to think of all the nights she has spent alone and if something like this had happened, it would have been so much worse.

It was snowing awhile ago and it was blowing every which way and looked like popcorn flying around.

I bought a packing tape gun type deal. I messed with it forever. I think I have it right, as least it works. Will have dh look at it.

Have I packed a single box? NO! I have to get on the stick, I repeat, I have to..............................NOW!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:28 pm

Oy vey! I need to get busy with the rest of my day.

The body work made me feel relaxed but still somewhat achy. She didn't do standard massage but an specific technique that "balances" the body. She practices at a yoga studio - different from the one that I usually go to, but I'm also checking out their schedule because some classes have better scheduling for me. Funny, but the body work makes me want to eat healthy, exercise and take better care of myself.

I made myself a wrap for lunch: pesto, grilled chicken and spring salad mix.

Looking around for the bgs.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”