Thirsty Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Thirsty Thursday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:21 pm

I'm alive, but in slug form today. Stayed in bed until 9. Didn't finish s2s until 11:40.

The bedroom and kitchen are tidied up.

Ds called from IKEA's clearance sale (our store is moving to larger quarters) to ask which candles I needed. He's buying me about $25 worth. I need green tapers but they didn't have any of those so I'll have to buy those somewhere else. IKEA candles are made in Europe which is why I prefer them.

Aside from the above and reading yesterday's paper, I've done nothing.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:13 pm

Three more phone calls received. Cleaned the bathrooms. Properly, not a swish. Now to sweep the floors and damp mop. I'm only doing my house cleaning alternate weeks now since the house doesn't get really dirty with just the two of us. So this week it is damp mop floors and electric broom the high traffic areas. Next week is dust and vacuum.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:32 pm

I am having so much trouble staying awake. At least tonight I can make it an early night. I have to go watch a performance with DD in it, but that ends at 730. Then, basic critter care and bed. If only this afternoon would pass quickly, I am falling asleep at my computer.

OKay

Postby OKay » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:32 pm

I am having a thirsty Thursday also! I always carry very favorite water bottle with me. However, today I can't seem to drink enough water and noticed my lips are dry.

This morning our internet was not working (again). Soooooo instead of working on paperwork (I need accessed to internet), I made myself go shopping for smaller clothes for me. I am tired of my jeans feeling like they are about to fall off. I brought home 3 pairs of jeans and a couple new shirts. The new jeans are 4-6 sizes smaller than what I was wearing. I didn't tackle shopping for smaller size of underwear & shoes needed......but they will need to be addressed in near future.

When LO wakes up from his nap, we will go pick all the peppers and green tomatoes from the garden that we can. We get our first freeze of the year today. I've picked about 5 gallons of peppers/tomatoes this week and there are at least twice that much remaining. Not sure I will have time to pick them all before night fall, so will probably end up losing some. DCousin is going to make chow-chow relish from the green tomatoes. I should -but my schedule is packed and I doubt if I get to it. I'm going to focus on making/freezing stuffed jalapeno peppers.

52 cards completed today (so far)

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:53 pm

Lunch is done.
I've unloaded the dishwasher.
Granny duty is over for today.
We may have them over night this weekend not sure what day yet.
Dgd "adopted" an acorn squash that turned yellow and looked like a small pumpkin she was
delighted I told dd how to prep. it with sausage or meat loaf dgd like to help clean 'em out.

I told h. I was "hiring" him as my trainer to help me use the total gym for my arms and I could
only do about three of one of the exercises he showed me how to do this is definitely a slow process!

The show I was watching on INSP. TV is now in reruns so I have an hour I can do some thing else with these days. H. is interested in that show and watching it this go round. I've not done any walking outside so will be heading out for a short one in a bit. I had an idea :idea: that I can rake leaves for an arm work out and do some push ups too!

Back from my walk I did my regular long walk it was rather nice out.
H. is getting his dinner wanted it early.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:44 pm

Some progress: I've got a load of laundry in the washer, ready to start when the electricity rates drop, I got the floors mopped and the house vacuumed and I managed to destroy two extension cords (one cheap, one good.) That involved sparks and strange smells. I've updated Quicken and paid the bills that came in this week.

I've watched about half of the movie I have that is due back tomorrow at the library. I'll watch the second half after dinner. Dh is cooking.

My to-do list (weekly and daily chores) is not overly long right now because I've been making progress all week. This is a good thing. But I still have a ton of reading to do.

Bittersweet: I'm glad you had fun at the write-in yesterday. They are what I miss most about NaNoWriMo.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:09 pm

Well I talked to the loan officer and she answered my questions. The IRS question is that it is required, to make sure what you reported to them is what you reported to the IRS. When I looked at our original loan and refinancing papers, they requested them also. Duh, I wish I would have looked at those papers before I talked to her. I called the tax office, I wanted to see what my new real estate tax is. She claimed they were printing the tax bills out and that she couldn't get into her computer until Monday. Just what kind of computer does she have that she can't check those figures? I really wanted to know so that if our taxes on this house jumped a lot, it wouldn't feel like so much extra on the new house. It's not that we can't afford it, but I am thinking in the future when it is paid off and we have to save monthly for taxes and insurance. With this increase for the new house it is already $100.00 more per month, than the house we now live in. As I said I am thinking ahead to when he retires.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:11 pm

Went out and bought dd13 two new pairs of shoes, both Sketchers, one specifically for running. Then hit TarJay and got her a jacket. They had none of the clothes HRH suggested I shop for for him, which was a disappointment. I forgot I wanted to vote early (library site was just across the street, too bad). After picking up a few of TarJay's selection of groceries, we headed home for a marginal result to errands.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:08 pm

Good evening!
Guess what! I'm going to take my Electrolux back. Last night, I realized that I had an extended warranty on it, and the man at Sears had told me that included a yearly "check-up" if I wanted it -- I forget exactly what he called it, but that is basically what he meant. So I thought, my goodness, surely if I carried it in to them, they could make sure no dog dander was still floating around in there to blow all over my house!
So, long story short, I checked w/ds one more time: "Tell me the truth, will you be okay with the Kirby?"
DS says yes, that if anything he will be happier with the Kirby. He said he was sorta tired of dragging that canister around behind him, and maybe we would both be happier if we switched.
Whew. I am glad to have that settled. (I bet y'all are, too! :oops: ) I'll change the bag of course, and the filter, and it will probably be fine. But if I have any doubts, I'll carry it in to the warranty people. DS is on the road tonight, but said we'd swap out next week.

I've had a pretty good day, except for increasing rumors re: administrative changes brewing. But I'm really beginning to take an attitude that most administrators, (and for that matter, parents and students), have been reasonably satisfied with my performance for the past 28+ years... and I am just going to do what I do and hope for the best. I don't think any children are going to be harmed too much by my methods in the next 1.5 years... and after that, if they think they can find someone better, well, they can have at it. I will come home and read Hop on Pop to my grandchild. :P

I went out to dparents' house this afternoon, but really didn't do much for them. Dmom was managing pretty well... but...
tomorrow, ddad is having a knot removed from one of his fingers, and expects to be at the hospital for 4 hours. And they will put him to sleep, so dmom has to go with him in order to drive him home. * sigh * I really don't know how she'll manage that, b/c she still can't sit for any length of time... but she said she would go lie down in the SUV while she waited, if her back started bothering her too much.

I have some school stuff to do and I am REALLY going to make the effort to exercise tonight. The last three nights, the spirit has been willing but the flesh has been weak.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:55 pm

lucylee, I hope your parents manage well at the hospital tomorrow.

Happy for Emptynester in her new home.

Hoping Dee continues to have safe travels.

And Mr. Sunny and Indiana have continued recuperation.

I was able to do Basic workout in 2 parts, interrupted by my ddad who is not sleeping well.

Twice I've tried to clean the front bathroom and been interrupted as well, so I am giving up on this day. Tomorrow dd warns that she may wake me at 6:00 to wash her hair in our bathroom, since she no longer uses the front bathroom for that, of course.

She has worn one pair of her new Sketchers around all evening and says she loves how they feel. (I told her so - Sketchers has a wider "box" for toes/ball of foot.)

We thoroughly enjoyed watching Big Bang Theory this evening. Hope everyone has a restful night (and Lisa and Lynlee an excellent day) until next thread.

Return to “Post When You Can”