Thirsty Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Emptynester

Thirsty Thursday

Postby Emptynester » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:29 am

Since I am up at 3 am - I'll open the village.

I woke up thirsty and with legs cramping - which means I didn't drink enough water yesterday.

So I had a bottle of water and got on the computer to order my Direct TV. Only they won't let me order it because my address isn't in their computer. We don't have mail delivery here - we have to have a PO Box and pick it up - but the form clearly states that it wants the address where it is to be installed. Here we go round and round and round.

So now I will try to get some more sleep or go put the dishes away in the cupboards and take a nap this afternoon. Either way is a winner.

Just remember to get enough to drink today. Right, Harriet?? :D
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Thirsty Thursday

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:01 am

can't cuop -we're in Nashville and I'm on hotel computer -lost my internet 'thingy' (can't remember what it's called) so have to buy a new mouse & stick when we find a place to do so. WE've had a good trip so far. I'm posting mainly to ask Twins to call me to set up time/place for Saturday. Not always sure of being able to get on here. Perhaps can sign on here for a bit this afternoon.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:55 am

but the form clearly states that it wants the address where it is to be installed. Here we go round and round and round.
Don't you love it, MT? We run into this same problem a lot too. Although we can use the campground address for some things.

Now I'm 'battling' with Med Co again! Back & forth calls now I receive an email saying my prescriptions are for an uncovered person. Just printed it off in the lobby so I can battle with them again this afternoon. While I'm traveling i almost need to be taking more of my diabetic meds (the amount prescribed but have had to lower it because bs was too low -but not while I'm sitting doing barely anything) Now afraid to take the amount I need -catch 22.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:16 am

I've been up for a while...not sure why..just didn't sleep really well last night. I'm on my third cup of coffee, so hopefully that, a shower, and getting moving will help get me through the day! I did manage to get a bunch of picking up done in the bedroom last night, and a load of laundry going...so, in spite of all the interruptions, I actually made it all the way through my ToDo list! :D Today's should be more simple.....

1. Critter care
2. Shower/get dressed/meds
3. Payroll
4. Print off research stuff for novel
5. Watch season premiere of Bones tonight
6. A couple of rounds each on DGS's and DGD's blankets
7. PC to doctor to see if they can fax a script for test strips
8. Drop off audio book at library
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:49 am

Who me? Do I talk about drinking water much? Naaww.

I'm finishing up an apple and will have my second pint of water when I go back to the kitchen, actually. I am back on Fit for Life principles again. I go back and forth between this and high-protein, it seems. I get, mentally, the concept that fruit can pack on the pounds. But the digestive part of my body reminds me after a while that fruit has virtues. Was that tmi? Naaww.

HRH is on a distant working day today so I hope very much that today will be a better one for my ddad. Yesterday was a struggle and I was so grateful HRH's driving errands could include swinging by to take his father in law, although when they got home it was back to a difficult day. But when my ddad's company showed up, you would think there had never been a cloud in the sky, and it stuck like that until evening. Let's hope he picks up from then.

I am S2S, school run accomplished with a girl who must have been prepared, since I'm not sure she slept. (Up with school books when I went to bed, up with school books when I arose.) Kitchen spiffed.

In fact, considering dd's lack of time, I think I'll work some in her room today and give her a boost cleaning chores.

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:47 am

I'm back up and have S2Crocs and brought a basket of stuff in from the MH. I didn't even have a comb after my shower. I remembered soap, shampoo and towels but forgot the rest.

Next up is to get some pictures on my blog. But probably not for an hour or so. Then I have to decide where to put what in my kitchen. So many choices after having just one cabinet in the MH.

I am so sorry you are having so much trouble with your meds, Dee. Tapping foot icon here. Good luck getting them to listen.
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:42 am

It's COLD in NM, went down below freezing last night. I ate dinner at a friend's place so I did not get done much party cleanup. However, she is going to come over Saturday and help me, so that is good. I'm really tired today, the cold affected my sleeping. I had to get up around midnight and turn up the heater. I've got to get myself in gear. I will do some document modifications now, if I can stay awake!

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:57 am

I picked up the loan disclosures from the bank. I have read everything and have some questions but will call the bank after I talk to dd2. This is her morning for bible study and she missed last week when they all had the sniffles, so I am sure she went today. The figure for the real estate taxes was higher than I thought. If they are the new ones I can live with that but if it's last years figures and will go up again soon, then Yikes!

The bank is requesting our income tax returns from the IRS. I had gave them our copy of the returns but since I do my own taxes instead of having them done, they want copies from the IRS. I feel like if the IRS accepted my return, it should be good enough for them. errrr

I just hate having to deal with all this and hope this is the last home we buy.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:07 pm

34* - 46* fair
I'm up bs is elavated today too.
Waving to every one, EN so glad you are in your new place!
I have loaded the dishes and the dish washer is going now.
I slept well.
Coffee is on.

Last evening I the extension cord with the vacuum in the basement now I can do a room with out moving the cord. I forgot hubby's storage room the other day when I vacuumed so I did it.

Sent an e-mail off to my dsis.
I still have a snail mail to pen pal to finish.
The kitchen needs more attn.

I had strange and interesting dreams last night!
Bean soup for dinner was great today is fish day I have a plan!
Granny duty begins in 30 min. I'd better scoot! :arrow: Zoom

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:14 pm

Each day is better and better. Water mmmm I've been drinking a lot of it.

Return to “Post When You Can”