It's Friday, again!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
OKay

Re: It's Friday, again!

Postby OKay » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:46 pm

Bone density test was simple and quick. The payment took longer than the test did. When they called to schedule this appt they told me if I paid today I would get 20% off my portion of the bill. I told her I would pay today so I could get the discount and she told me it would be $107. However, when I went to pay the clerk told me it was $146. When i disagreed with the amount, then another lady was consulted and she said my portion was $189!!! I asked to speak to a supervisor and ended up paying the $107 amount that was first quoted me. I just wonder WHERE do they come up with all these different amounts for medical procedures?!

FNG went smoothly tonight. I always enjoy being with these DFriends.

Time to get LO bath routine done. Sweet Dreams to all

Lilac

Re: It's Friday, again!

Postby Lilac » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:33 pm

Okay, your experience with the bone density payment is exactly what is wrong with our health care system and why everything is outrageous. I have found that prices vary due to who your insurance carrier is or isn't in the case of the non-insured. 6 years ago dgs5 soon to be 6 right before Christmas was born. We had plans to go meet him the day after Christmas. On the 23rd I start experiencing the beginning of bronchitis. The drs. office was overloaded and since I was prone to that, he just called in an RX. I had just taken that same med the month before. After I was home, I realized it was the same med, but not my name. So I called them and they apologized but explained that they were swamped, etc. Since I knew it was the right med, I just kept it. But I noticed that the price was different because of the amount of their copay. I kept that info and when the insurance statement came in, sure enough the prices were different for the same thing. I was charged my right price though because they looked it up on the computer instead of what was on the ticket. Since then I have been very leary when I pick up RXs that they are the right thing, with the right persons name on them. Also, we get insurance statements and they have outrageous prices for various procedures and then turn around and write off a bunch. It just makes no sense. I better jump off my soapbox because this subject always gets me riled up.

Return to “Post When You Can”