It's Friday, again!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lilac

It's Friday, again!

Postby Lilac » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:59 am

Here it is Friday again. To me it seems like every day is Friday or Monday, because the weeks, months and yes years are flying by.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: It's Friday, again!

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:14 am

I'm on the treadmill now and glanced outside and saw flakes coming down. Now, normally, I'd be posting:

Snow! Snow!! Snow!!!

but yesterday the forecast was for sunshine today, tomorrow and Sunday. Sunday we are gone all day so I decided I should put the sheets on overnight so I could hang them out this morning since I knew I'd be around all day.

So my happy puppy dance is tempered by the thought "great, now I have to figure out if the sheets will dry if they are snowed on."

Oh, and I'm not around all day, dh is going out to a movie with ds and I have errands to run so now my timing is that of the movie (I'll run my errands in the city not in the market town as I planned, same stores so no big deal.) The joys of being a single car family in a rural village. Some day we're going to move to a slightly larger village that has stores, library and doctor!

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:15 am

I had an extreme case of cold feet last night. When I went over the list of pros and cons again, I settled down and we signed the papers. When I came into the kitchen this morning dh asked if I had woke up with an overwhelming desire to shred the papers. I replied no, I'm taking them in to get the show on the road. I guess I just get nervous about selling this house and how long it might take. Then I remind myself that it is paid for and we just have to pay for utilities on it and save monthly for the taxes until it sells and it will all work out.

I had planned to start moving things to dd2 this weekend. It is suppose to be windy and dh told me to not wait for the wind to die down. :lol:

I need to buy groceries and I can't seem to think of anything to cook. I have a hair appointment today also. It looks to be a busy day, so I guess I will try to get started.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:23 am

(((Lilac))) I know sooo sooo well that "cold feet" feeling. I'm glad you awoke refreshed and ready to get started. (((BIG HUGS)))

SNOW! Brrrrr... We'll be in the mid 60s today, and back up to 70 tomorrow, according to the weather reports. I'm really enjoying the mild temps right now and dh & I are planning to take a drive in the nearby forest next week when I'm out for Veteran's Day -- just to see the colors, you know -- and hoping rain & wind haven't taken all the leaves before we get out there!

Weeks, months, and years ARE flying by for me, too, Lilac! That's why I think I can deal with one more year of teaching. I know it will be over before I can blink my eyes.

Hope y'all have a great day!
Tomorrow is another day.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:35 am

wow we're on the same day for a change.
though I keep thinking its saturday because I went out twice yesterday. not likely to repeat that in a hurry. drove about total almost 2hrs.
fell in a hole today.
time to get dishes done and explore the inside of my bathroom - then head to bed.
goodnight.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:58 am

Good night Lynlee! Good morning Kathryn, lucylee and everyone else as you wander in this fall morning!

I so agree with you lucylee. School starts and then it is Christmas vacation. Before you know it, it is spring break and then school is out. The summer flies by and school starts again. That is the adult version of life. I know as a child time seemed to drag by. Wish I had that problem now. When I had kids at home I had 3 shopping seasons, school clothes, Christmas and summer clothes. Then it seemed like I always had plans to do something after school starts, after Christmas and after school gets out. Right now I am looking forward to AFTER the moving of 2 households.

Gotta get with it.......

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:52 am

Just posting quickly from the hotel computer. Hope everyone's doing well. Went on a showboat dinner cruise last night . Had a very nice time. Went on a tour yesterday morning. Tonight we're going to the Ryman for the Grand Ol Opry -taking a shuttle in. Think it was Lilac that warned us about the parking in the city. Just decided it was only going to be little more than parking to take the shuttle and we don't have to leave our (packed) car downtown.

Got a text from Twins last night so looking forward to hearing from her today.

Had to transfer some funds for DS-A this morning (short term loan). Beauty of doing business with a small credit union. Sure didn't want to do those transactions on the hotel computer. Glad to have that off my mind. NOW on to the BEAST -talking with MED CO AGAIN!!!!! Now they're telling me 'the patient isn't covered'. Will I ever get my meds this time around? :evil: :evil:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:04 am

Dee: "May I speak with a supervisor?" Until you get one that helps you. Then get their name and direct line phone and talk to no one else EVER!!! This is reeeeedicccuuulllus!!! (ridiculous)

Slept much better last night after I pumped the bed up more. I was afraid I had pumped it up too much the first night but we kept rolling to the middle.

I need to make a DPC about my new bedding and decor items. They haven't shipped after almost a week. NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!

I'm not sure if the TV installer is coming today or tomorrow - as we have received email stating both times. So I'm going to work in the mornings here and go play or shop in the afternoon - or maybe just nap.

Off to breakfast and the rest of my day.
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:22 am

Snow was short lived (probably just a rogue cloud) and now the sun is out fully. The sheets are on the line.

It is cold but a 'soft' cold so, although I was only wearing a fleece sweater and thin gloves, hanging up the sheets was rather pleasant.

I've done my SAD light and had breakfast. Finished one of the books last night so need to write up a quick review. Don't know what to say - it has been so long since I've read a chapter book for tweens, I'm not sure what is quality. Pretty sure this isn't. Although the ending didn't wrap everything up and tie it with a bow, it left something unfinished, as things are in real life. Not unfinished to lead into the next novel, just unfinished because we don't always get to know how things turn out with others down the road.

Dove

Postby Dove » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:28 am

Good Morning! :)

It's Apron Day here in Doveland instead of the usual free day as I have been out of the house so much this week that the house needs serious attention. There are hotspots piled on several tables & counters, the bathrooms need cleaning, floors need to be vacuumed, etc. I've missed being here in the village but no time to cuop from so many days. I know I need to just start fresh today but when this happens I always wonder what I missed.

Hi Lilac, ((hugs)) for the cold feet stress. Moving is such a big undertaking. Looking forward to your posts about how much you are loving your new house once you get settled in :) .

Enjoy the snow, Kathryn! We only got a few inches instead of the 10 predicted on Oct 29, thank goodness. I love a good snowfall but I love my big trees more. We lost dozens of huge branches but thankfully no other damage & we didn't lose power.

Hi Lucylee! Dh & I were in your state once in November & the colors were glorious.

Hi Lynlee! Hope you are OK after that fall.

The dinner cruise sounds so fun, Dee! Darn that Med Co -- hope one quick phone call straightens it all out for you.

Hi MT! Hope the bedding & other items arrive quickly. Congrats again on your new home!

Joining those of you who say that the years are flying by. I often feel about two months behind the actual date. So to me, it feels like September instead of November.

I'm sipping my tea sloooowly, procrastinating on getting back to work :P . 15 more minutes ...

Waving to everyone ~~~~~ who stops by later. Have a wonderful day! :D

Return to “Post When You Can”