It's Friday, again!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Emptynester

Re: It's Friday, again!

Postby Emptynester » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:08 am

Oh. MAN - Oh man!!!! Need a double shaking head and tapping foot icon.

The reason my order hasn't shipped is that it is over $300 and they need verification that I am me and that I really want the merchandise. And to do that they send a letter via SNAIL MAIL!!! To my SD address!!!! They can't pick up the phone or contact me via email (which I have received about 2 ads per day) - no they send a LETTER!!

To finally get this information - I had to go thru 3 - 1st tier people, be transferred and dropped call and have to listen to really bad music and static. These are "Peggy" people for sure.

There is nothing they can do - so I request a 3rd tier supervisor - that will take a call back in 24-48 hours!! By now I am steamed.

But they have me over a barrel. I want what I ordered. So I am waiting for a call back.

Stay tuned . . .

Have a nice day :)
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:50 am

39*-44* w/ light rain here this morning snow north of us.
I'm up bs is acceptable I've slept well.
The coffee is brewing now.

EN that is exactly why I rarely do any online ordering!

Today is world grand parents day I put this on my fb page.
I am thankful for Grandchildren!!! I have 5 and they are the best ever.
Being a Granny is fabulous.

We are going to take our ballots in and then do lunch no granny duty.
Thought I was going to have the grandkids over nite but the other granny needed a turn! :idea: I'm okay with that as she's been gone a week so was due for a gkid fix!

I'm thinking about moving some area rugs around.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:13 pm

A good news day.

My sat numbers are up and I turned down my concentrator.

I am recovering my breath faster after walking.

I have a productive cough now.

No more major nose bleeds - lots of fun when on a blood thinner.

Since no major nose bleeds by intestines are reversing back to normal.

So a good news day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:45 pm

Hey - I have 5 too, don't I? :D I am a Happy Grandparent (to)Day. (However, I am not REALLY old enough to have 5 grandchildren. :D It's a fluke! )

Emptynester, aren't these homegoods? Hasn't this company ever sold to a person who was purchasing for a home because of a move before? You would think they might have heard of the concept of no longer being present at last address. Sigh. Odd that you would be getting a letter in the mail that was not discussed with you, so that you could have headed this miscue off at the pass. Hope it works out quickly.

I finally got the front bathroom cleaned, but not until yet another interruption - I was beginning to think I just wasn't meant to do that particular chore! Cleaned out a litter box. Got trash and recyclables out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Interruption Intermission Muzak
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dd13 called from school and did not have her gym uniform.!! Out and back!!

Hi, Indiana! What happy news for you, too!
(Pitter Patter of Puppy Dance Feet)
I do not like to hear about your having nosebleeds, but am glad to hear they are over and that you are walking more.

OKay

Postby OKay » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:57 pm

YIPPPEEEEEE!!!! Indiana is on a roll - watch out world - she's getting better every day!! Such WONDERFUL news to hear!

((((MT & Dee))) Hang in there and don't give up finding a competent person inside those companies to help you with these order problems.

I hit the floor running this morning and just now sat down. Getting into winter mode took my focus this morning. I forgot all the extra steps required at MPB when it freezes. DH gave me a refresher course on start up after shutting down for a freeze. I took notes so I won't miss any of the vital tasks, so now I'm feeling confident that I can open by myself. We have settled into a routine over the past several months where DH closes and I open. I'm a morning person and he is more of a night owl so it works well for both of us.

I have a bone density test this afternoon so will make ANOTHER trip to town this week. I think this is the 7th or 8th trip since Monday. Feels like i have been on the turnpike all week. Crazy.

Tonight is FNG meeting at our home. I have that routine down pat and can prepare in about 30 minutes to welcome those dozen dear friends (set up chairs, tables, drinks, finger food, etc)

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:26 pm

Talked with Med Co again and had to contact dr's office once again for them to CALL in the prescription this time. The secretary also took my insurance id to give them when she calls. She confirmed she had already sent the prescription the other day. I will be talking to a supervisor, no doubt, the very next time, MT. Know I need to do that, but then it 'seems' they have everything straightened out. Right.

SHE board friend called while we were in the Willy Nelson museum and we have things set up to meet tomorrow morning. So excited to be meeting yet another friend from here. :D IRL.

DH and I came down to the lobby because housekeeping is doing our room. We get a shuttle in about 2 hours to go to the Ryman.

Going up and take a cat nap I think so I'm all fresh for the Grand Ol' Opry tonight. Found a nice restaurant for lunch and think we're 'good to go'. TTYAL
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:56 pm

I have the kitchen unpacked and mostly arranged. I will probably change things around when I get the some of the stuff from the MH over here. But the floor is swept and there is a centerpiece on the table. I feel like I'm home. I haven't even started in the den nor the bedroom. :roll:

I had to go mail two books from paperback swap dot com so we did that. While we were in town, I signed up for a library card and checked out a book and a DVD.

It is a cold yucky windy day out side. The next thing I have to do is scrub down some plastic shelves that are in the garage (but I have to do it outside). I want to put them in the closets especially the den. But I really don't want to do that now.

I did finally get a call back from a supervisor - who was just as rude. Apparently they have never heard of some one having a PO Box for mail and a street address for UPS. They wouldn't send it because I didn't give the PO Box address.

I'm thinking about ordering some kitchen shelves to put in the bottom cabinets. The one under the sink has no shelves at all and the others are very high. I just can't stack things that high. We'll see. I have to think on it a while.

Have fun at the Ryman, Dee. And with meeting IRL Shes.

TTFN
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:27 pm

I will, I will, MT. Twins and we moved our time up to meet at 9:30 CT tomorrow morning. Grateful I remembered to ask if she was on Eastern or Central time. It's Central here and she's on Eastern. Surprised me. :o Now that we're on the same page sure the rest will all go well. Will CI when I can.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:23 pm

Ready for bed. Long day of errands.

My errands during dh's movie went really well except I didn't get to try the Lasagna Bowl that Tim Horton's is featuring because they sold out. So I had chili and a tea biscuit because Bittersweet mentioned a Tim Horton's tea biscuit the other day which gave me a hankering for one. It was amazing.

The car was down to 1/10th a tank by the time we got home (we left with 3/10 but didn't drive that far so something was wrong.) I went out for gas after dropping off dh and headed down to the market town because they have cheap gas there. The car went to a warning chime and flashing just past the first exit off the freeway between our house and the market town. I got off on the second exit and took the back road, figuring I might get farther going slower, especially if I had to go to battery (something I can't force on my version of Prius, I can only switch to battery through my use of the gas pedal - which is really a 'go' pedal since it doesn't actually supply gas it just tells the car I want it to move.) I pulled into the first station and gassed up.

My car holds just over 11 gallons and I put 10.8 gallons into it. So I was very close to empty and relieved I made it to the station. Lately, the pump has been kicking back when the car is nowhere near full (today it kicked back at 8 gallons) so we aren't getting our full theoretical range (I only went 375 miles on the last tank when the theoretical range was 475.) Given this problem and the fact that we are getting lower gas mileage now that the weather is colder, we'll may have to fill up on our way back from Montreal on Sunday.

Got home, took the sheets off the line, made dinner and then we had another 2.5 hour long choir practice. We are exhausted now so heading to bed very early.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:41 pm

HRH had a yen for blts and I had found no-nitrite bacon at the grocery so that was our supper. Quite good. He had found, by some miracle, excellent July-like tomatoes at a different grocery. And now they are gone, which makes him sad!

The wind here is terrible. I feel like I have an earache right now, just from getting out in it long enough to close the open trash can lid and check the mail.

Dd clipped kitty toenails tonight and that's a help.

Return to “Post When You Can”