Chore Bingo Saturday!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Chore Bingo Saturday!

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:23 pm

I cleaned out my purse, processed the mail from yesterday and wiped the ash out of the oven. The kitchen is tidied and all the candles ds picked up for me have been stored away. The main pillar candle I replaced in a hurricane bowl thingy is now burning on the kitchen table. It had burned down unevenly and so I had stopped using it, but now that it has been replaced, I decided to see if I could save it by breaking the wax off down to the wick and that seems to have worked. I'm sure dh is thinking, "great, another candle."

Anyway, dh is running around resetting as many of the clocks as possible. The ship's clock will have to run down before it can be reset (it can't be run backwards) and the chiming clock in the living room has been stopped and will be restarted after 10 tomorrow, along with the cuckoo clock. The Grandfather clock lost 30 minutes last night so I set it back another 30 today and it is happy now. Go figure, that clock has a mind of its own.

My palm pilot and phone will reset themselves along with the computers. I have a watch in my purse that I need to reset and my bedside table clock and then I'm done.

Good night everyone!

Harriet: Thank you for the idea of doing Chore Bingo today. I was skeptical at first and didn't want to join in, but then got caught up with the progress others were making and ended up having an incredibly productive day thanks to you.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:33 pm

We are home I did not walk my regular route today was at the foot ball field, did some shopping
had lunch and movie date w/ h. A fun day saw family went to a new yogurt place here and
enjoyed the things I got for dgds bday that were on the list.

A stool h. will cut off it was painted white with pink flowers on it that hubby off for dgd to use for a foot stool to climb on to wash her hands in the bathroom at their house. It was on my list and some other items like a rolling pin, this one does shapes in squares for cookies it will be fun. Plus cookie cutters in abc shapes. Looking forward to seeing how she likes the books too!

Found one for me by a fav. author. No luck finding a coat for h. most went to the free coat thing I think.

Time change tonight!

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:10 am

I was able to get everything done except wash the kitchen window. But I got a lot of other things done. We picked up a drawer unit for bottom cabinet to hold spoons, etc. as there is no drawer near the stove.

I was also able to get several bags of clothes unpacked and put away in the closet. We really need to find a chest of drawers. But we will survive.

Rain, wind and thunder last night but the house doesn't shake like the MH. We could still hear the rain on the roof, which we love.

Time for bed - but I'm going to polish my sink before bed.

Niters all.
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:28 am

We did make it to the jewelry store -- got my watch re-set for the time change, dropped off a pearl necklace to be re-strung, and picked up an appraisal for dmom (for insurance purposes).
I know y'all are wondering why on earth I can't set my own watch. This is a 35-year-old Seiko watch, a gift from late dgf, which I have worn just about every day for the last 35 years. It is probably my single most prized material possession.
I * unfortunately * had it switched to battery works about a year ago, when it became increasingly obvious that it was getting more and more difficult to get people to work on it. * sigh * I say unfortunately b/c now, the battery works are much more sensitive to moisture, etc. and the stem doesn't fit well. So the jewelry man set it and put a lot of sealant around the stem, and he suggested that I let HIM set it and reseal it when it needed it. He doesn't charge anything for that, and it is well worth it to me to make the trip to do it.

We spent about an hour w/dcousins, then went to dinlaws, where dbil was apparently holding court... * sheesh * Better take this to members only.

We watched the AL/LSU game, went to see movie -- Harold & Kumar, and now we've set the clocks, and I am going to bed!
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”