Chore Bingo Saturday!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
OKay

Re: Chore Bingo Saturday!

Postby OKay » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:46 pm

Exciting seeing others list being accomplished. ***CHEERING*** for you!

1. DONE!! interrogatory - 9 pages
5 - DONE!! admissions - 5 pages

I'm off to do #3 next. Huffing....puffing.....to stay up with numbers being giving to do next.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:31 pm

((OKay)) you chose some time-consuming chores! May I suggest number 4 after a rest?

I'm happy with Chore Bingo Day!
1 bedroom clutter stack CHECK
2 Nag my ddad to walk with me outdoors CHECK
3 kitchen counter - CHECK
4 procrastinated correspondence CHECK
5 work WITH dd13 for 1/2 hour CHECK
6 hearth - CHECK

Hurray, all this and I whittled Mt. Washmore, too! Thanks, everyone. Ddad's lethargy has been bothering me since early morning, when HRH told me he'd been up in the night with him. But I did get him to go outside in the sunshine and we walked about 1/2 mile, and he ate well. I also had been quite bugged by dd13's room/clothespiles :roll: so that's why working WITH her (as per my dmom's advice) got on the Bingo Card! She already had a clear floor before I got there, so we handled clothes decisions mostly, with some headed for donation and she's got a load to get through to drip-dry without me.

Oh, ((lucylee)), she actually fired her? yikes for dh!

Kathryn, I read your post about teens and responsibility with a raised eyebrow. I'd have felt like you did about the lady's son. And, yes, it's as if teens are constantly pushing against some invisible envelope to see if there is LESS they can do. Dd13 is no exception, but I am blessed to have a dh who quietly says, "Were you wanting to KEEP that computer?" without looking up :o and I appreciate the back-up. By the time I got in there to help we were no longer needing a landfill permit. I know she is swamped with schoolwork, but that's life. I had thought that as things piled, she would get the message that Mom is REALLY not the one doing laundry any more. But her tolerance for piles is increasing with her age. Gotta be vigilant.

And I see that Twins Mom has come in too!

OKay

Postby OKay » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:59 pm

1. DONE!! interrogatory - 9 pages
2 DONE!! phone numbers looked up and noted in spreadsheet (67 of them!)
3 DONE!! addresses looked up and noted for 67 potential witnesses
5 - DONE!! admissions - 5 pages

Only #4 left to do....and it is a BIGGIE!!

*POOF*

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:15 pm

wow you all are amazing!!!

1. errands mini done
2. errands big time. done
3. next work on lights.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:20 pm

omgosh I laughed out loud when I heard you no longer needed a landing permit to go in your sweet dd's room. lol.

dd16 is also put on "clean up room" duty today. it has been going v e r y... s l o w.... she was cute and called me and said she dusted her shelves. :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:22 pm

1. Bake Squares, clean oven PENDING
2. Clean Fridge, inside and out Done!
3. Clean outside windows Done!
4. Put up Xmas lights Done!

I'm getting really tired. Dh is going to get pizza so neither of us have to cook. I'm going to try and eat it and if I can't I'll switch to lasagna.

I'll make the squares while dh is out and then, after dinner, I'll put the oven on self-clean.

Dh is trying to figure out a movie for us to watch tonight so I think #5 might not get done at all.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:00 pm

Oh my goodness! This has been a busy place today!

Yes, Harriet, I got in about 4:30 from my visit with Dee and her sweet dh this morning! We met at possibly the busiest IHOP in the United States for a late (very big!) breakfast. I enjoyed visiting with them so much - would have been nice to sit there longer to talk but IHOP needed the table, and they needed to get on the road. This morning I drove through some very heavy fog and some areas w/o fog (notably, on mountains or high points) and the day turned off beautiful when the fog lifted.

Afterwards, I drove to a Civil War battlefield that was near there, and toured the visitors center and did the little driving tour of the area that covered some parts of the battle. An easy trip home, altho I stopped off downtown for a coffee before heading home 'cause I was sleepy.

Dh left early this morning to fly to Denver for a meeting (related to a volunteer committment) so I almost feel like I'm playing hooky with just me and the ddogs home. I am planning to watch some college football tonight with a pizza.

I'll post a photo in Members only in the morning.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:51 pm

1. Bake Squares, clean oven Done!
2. Clean Fridge, inside and out Done!
3. Clean outside windows Done!
4. Put up Xmas lights Done!

5. Dust for cobwebs and polish the wood on the main floor PENDING

We watched "Mars needs Moms" while we ate and dh is taking the movie back now since we have no time to return it tomorrow. The pizza went down fine, I just cut it up small and skipped most of the crusty ends.

The lemon squares are done and seem edible. My new mixer is more powerful than my old one and I messed up on the base but they should do anyway. If I cut the rest up and decide they won't do, I'll make a quick batch of muffins or something easy in the morning.

The oven is on self-clean now so the house is noisy (bathroom and kitchen fans are on to deal with the smell of the burning crud.)

My last task is to do dusting and wood polishing. It makes sense to push ahead and do it since I get the extra hour of rest tonight. But I'm having trouble regaining the momentum I had before dinner. So I'm going to rest for 15 and then decide what to do.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:05 pm

I am right there with all of you on teenagers trying to get by with doing little. I was at dd2 today and dgd15 made her a frozen pizza. When it was done she started complaining that the bar was a mess and no place to sit. Her and dd2 had words. Dgd15 does next to nothing. I told dd2 when they move to the new house that she needs to start new rules immediately and stick to them. I told her she is the drill sgt. and she needs to make them work. These kids pick up nothing, dirty clothes everywhere, etc. You get the picture. I told her I would have 2 sets of things they have to do before bedtime and before they leave the house. If she doesn't get a handle on it, that house will be an expensive mess. With 5 kids you just can't do it all without some help from them. I told her that my rules didn't kill her and hers won't hurt them. Blah, blah, blah... I know she gets tired of hearing my 2 cents worth but I see a lot that needs changed. She knows it but needs to enforce it.

I don't know what is going on with me. I have been making numerous trips to the bathroom since last night. I'm not sick but sure feel puny.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:11 pm

(((Lilac))) I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. I get 'sick' whenever I spend a lot of money. Maybe the stress of buying the new house is taking a toll on you. This too shall pass, it what I tell myself when I get sick because of a purchase. I don't make bad purchases, but even good things, like buying the used Prius, will knock me back for a few days.

I took my 15 and then did some tidying. The oven is done now so the fans are off and it is more peaceful here. It is too hot to wipe out the ash but maybe before bed.

Dh and I are having a hard time staying up. It is only 8:10 by the new time so we really can't head to bed yet.

Return to “Post When You Can”