Time Change Sunrise Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Time Change Sunrise Sunday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:06 am

I'm watching the sun rise now, thanks to the time change. It is nice to not need the light in the exercise room but I know that I've just bought some time with the time change. In another month, it will be dark until 8.

I love watching the sun rise, it makes me feel the dawning day belongs to me since I saw it arrive.

Today needs to be mine because it is a busy one.

First, exercise. Today I'm triple tasking while on the treadmill, exercise, internet, manicure drying.

Then drop squares at the Anglican Church for a luncheon today.

Then over to my second church for a joint service there. One of the new lay worship leaders will be preaching her first sermon (she's my replacement since they won't pay me to preach and I have to be paid.)

Then back to our village for the Remembrance Day service at our new Cenotaph. When the new school was built and the old one demolished, the cenotaph had to be relocated. We were part of the community support (financial - we managed to be away for all the landscaping days!) so we want to be there.

Then driving to Montreal to meet friends from England we made on the ship last March. They are in Canada to visit family and this is the closest they'll get to us so we'll drive down for a visit and early dinner then come home.

Between the cenotaph and the drive I'll have to have something for lunch. Or make something to eat on the way.

I plan on using the driving time to read and or write book reviews.

blessedw2

Re: Time Change Sunrise Sunday

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:53 am

have a great day Kathyrn!

I can't tell you how nice it was to play bingo with you all yesterday. soooo fun.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:17 am

I'm up earlier than planned, because even though I remembered about the time change last night, I didn't change any of the manual clocks (including my alarm clock). When I woke up at 6am, I forgot about the time change :oops:

There's no sunrise here yet - it isn't supposed to happen until 7:42am, so I guess I'll get to see it as I leave for work. I've just gotten my second cup of coffee, and after it's done, I'll get some things done around here. The critters need all their usual care, and I think I'll take Maestro back to work today to see if he's ready to go for adoption. He's been getting along fine with all the critters here, so I think he just needed putting in his place.

Something else I need to get done is putting my NaNoWriMo work into Google docs. I was reading somewhere on their site that in order to qualify to 'win', one must upload the work, and I really don't feel like frantically trying to type it all out at the end of November! :roll: Although my preference is for paper and pencil, I think the majority of it will need to be done on the laptop (for portability to the write-ins).

Coffee's almost done, so I'd better quit procrastinating.

- downstairs critter care
- finish washing dishes
- get dressed
- upstairs critter care
- NaNoWriMo work
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

OKay

Postby OKay » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:41 am

Good Morning!

I enjoyed the Chore bingo game yesterday too! Thank you Harriet! I got me started on some task that I knew I need to do but was hiding from. The FUN aspect of doing them was enough to get me started. I wasn't able to finish all 5 items, but I am THRILLED with the progress made.

Today is a fund raiser at church. Kinda different from most, but it works for us. One of the people who attends our church has been in the hospital for over 3 months. We are having a luncheon and team roping event to raise money to help pay hospital expenses. DH will be cooking hamburger and hot dogs on huge grills. I signed up for an easy items to do (pickles) and have them ready to set out on the tables in throw away serving dishes. Many of the congregation will be horse back during the worship service - including the preacher. He will preach from horseback using a wireless mic. After the worship service ends, the team penning event will start. Lessons will be given to those who don't know how or are less experienced. Hopefully several $K will be raised today for this family as well as bringing several people to church that don't normally attend.

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:54 am

OKay: I can picture your church this morning as when we attended with you several years ago. I hope the attendance is good and you raise a lot of money for your friend.

Pickles are good. You have enough on your plate right now - so to be able to bring something already made is good.

We had to turn the furnace on as the predicted low was 38. I see it didn't get that cold but it sure felt good. I'm going to wear a heavy sweater to church this morning as I'm not sure if they will have the heat on or not. Probably they will. Yarnell, the town where the church is located is at 4,700 feet so it could be a bit nippy up there. Even here we are over 1,000 feet higher than at our lot - so the weather is different.

The sun is just peeping over the mountain here and it is a peach sherbet sky without a cloud to be seen. We need the sun as the last two days have been cloudy and windy with a thunder storm on Friday night.

Hope you all have a great day. I'm off to start chopping veggies for soup so it will be smelling good as we walk in from church.
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:51 am

Morning y'all

Thinking about Norma walking on a beach in Maui. In less than a month she will be here!!!

Yesterday's shopping went well. Bought 2 pairs of boot shoes. a black purse, black pants, and a red dress for Xmas. Rest of my Xmas shopping is done. I have a small list but some off it takes time to put together.

Now I need to fold some laundry and start another load. Very cool here MT. Slept with my windows open and a big down quilt. Heaven

Doggies fed, drinking my second cup of coffee life is good! Y'all enjoy you day
Live boldly, take risk, no regrets...Jillian Michaels

Sadie

Postby Sadie » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:54 am

Good Morning Ladies,

This time change has given me an extra hour as I got up by the old time.

Okay is the earth moving under your feet in your area? We felt one about 2:15 a.m. Saturday and then another one around 11:00 p.m. Very strange.

Wal-mart is playing Christmas music since the day after Halloween. I feel like I'm stuck in a time warp for the next two months.

Weather is warm here today, 61 degrees at 9 o'clock.

Off to get ready for work.

Have a great day all!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:57 am

Sadie and OKay, I read about the earthquake(s?) on CNN site and thought of you both. (Only read about one)

Chore Bingo represents a little nostalgia, but also, on a practical level, breaking down tasks and tackling them sideways, backwards, inside-out or better yet, in a game, is ALWAYS preferable to my mind than a ... ... l-i-s-t. (shudder) :lol: I'm so glad it shook some success out of me, and others! However, I was quietly joining Kathryn with some skepticism because in the past Chore Bingo wasn't played at a Post When You Can pace! Back-in-the-day it was played on the part/side of the (WebForums? is that right?) site that was a more conversational board.

The television is not working for me today - don't know if the remote is on the fritz. So I'm playing an old movie, Francis Joins the Navy, for my ddad. He seems to be accepting it, but when he wants to change stations he'll be disappointed. I'm hoping he'll like it as well as he did a Bob Hope movie, Alias Jesse James, the other day.

My ddad93 has begun eating so much more cookies and cakes lately - wanting them with every meal and for snacks, even before bed. Should I be concerned or, as ds26 believes, just be glad he has an appetite and leave him alone?

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:36 pm

ONE of the nice things about living in AZ most of the year is we don't change the clocks. But we have to do the adding and subtracting for all our friends and relatives that live in other states.

Veggies are cooking and the beef bone is taken off the roast and added to them. Doesn't look much like soup as there isn't enough liquid. And I haven't got the cabbage in there yet. Either I go to a bigger kettle or we will have Stoup (stew/soup).

Time to head up the hill to church. I realize now that our gypsy life style has left me with very few church clothes and no church shoes. I will have to go shopping next week. (I hate clothes shopping and shoe shopping is even worse.) But we will conform to our new lifestyle.

TTFN
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:41 pm

Harriet, I am no expert by any means but I agree with your ds26. My late dfil always had a sweet tooth and when he was older it escalated. Dsisilaw just let him have what he wanted because at least he was eating. At the end, he could care less if he ate at all, little alone sweets.

Return to “Post When You Can”