Time Change Sunrise Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Time Change Sunrise Sunday

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:19 pm

My energy level is way off these days. I'm going to set a timer and work some 25 minute sessions. I've hardly done anything at home in the week and a day since we've been home.

I skipped going to temple on Friday night and I'm skipping an event today in the community. I just want to stay in the house!

I need to do some temple stuff today, too.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:26 pm

sorry your energy is low these days dtwins. sending you the energy fairy!!!

I put up the Christmas lights outside in front so that all i have to do is put up the cords. its 55 deg. here and I wuld rather do it know outside then do it when it's below zero. 8-)
the new pole I bought last year worked wonders. I would love to do the roofline of the house but I know dh wouldn't be that thrilled. I also bought new lights for the tree as ours have seen better days and after last years run on christmas lights in our area for some reason I thought I would go now.

also bought a garland for the stairs. last year I decided would be the last year for a fresh roping on those stairs as they lasted only a couple weeks. I found a beautiful one. I also put garland (usually live on the chandlier (sp?) but last year it also died early.

dh laughed at me because I did that (I called him scrooge... lol)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:38 pm

Just a quick peek in from work. I have to agree with your ds26, Harriet. Your ddad is 93 years old, and IMHO, if he doesn't have any medical issues such as diabetes, then does it really matter if he has a couple of cookies with every meal?

Work is putzing along nicely here...it's SO nice to be able to work without the constant interruptions of the public! I've gotten some done on several different projects. It may just be a productive day here....although it would have been MORE fun to be at home playing chore bingo with y'all yesterday!

Back to the eternal grindstone..............
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:40 pm

Okay, now I'm starting the timer!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

OKay

Postby OKay » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:05 pm

Home from church and fund raiser. Church and meal were well prep'd and went almost perfectly. We feed around 400 people in under an hour. SWEET! We didn't stay for the team roping event because it is time for LO nap and I am going to visit DBro this afternoon. He had his l-a-s-t radiation treatment this week. He can barely whisper and his energy level is kaput. I suspect the next few days will be his better days and want to make sure DParents get to see/talk to DBro while he is able.

But first I'm going to do a few things on the PC while waiting for LO to drop off to sleep.

Next up:
** Update SHE cards

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:10 pm

Managed to get working kitchen counters cleaned up which included sorting mail from last few days for dh, recycling, catalogs to keep and a shred pile. A good start.

Of course, my lower back is hurting as soon as I'm on my feet. And the shoulder that I had the massage for last week is still hurting at least as much. My massage therapist did give me some shoulder circles and stretches to do. Probably not so much shoulder as right scapula out of place.

When I make a list of five or three to do, some times I dilly dally. OTOH, if I set the timer for 25 minutes, sometimes I end up somewhere other than what I meant to do! Definitely side trackable.

OKay

Postby OKay » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:15 pm

Harriet - I agree too. Awhile back, DDad was craving Vanilla Wafers but DMom didn't keep them in the house so they wouldn't be there to tempt him. DDad finally asked the Doctor if he could have the cookies and the doc said ABSOLUTELY! Issue settled. :) DDad is diabetic and on hospice, but sometimes (especially in the older folks) it seems the sweet comfort food does more good than harm.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Straightened up the family room and processed some laundry that round. Almost time to go again; I need some advil for back and shoulder!

Okay, going again.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:38 pm

I finished up the last round, and am heading to the grocery store.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:16 pm

Yep, we're "home" for the winter. Seemed like a very long trip here. Been here for about an hour & a half and have the car pretty well unloaded. I'm now down to puttering, putting things away.

DGD13 left a short time ago to go back to the hospital -one more week she's supposed to come home. How that girl has grown!! 5" and 36 pounds. Hardly would know her. This is in the last 8 months.

Visit with Twins yesterday was pretty wonderful. Loved getting to meet another SHE and even more getting to meet her and chat for a while. Always wish there was more time. (Next time we will come your way, Twins!). Thanks for your sweet remarks about our visit.

Going to go take some acetominophen for a slight headache. Think I'll start working on our main suitcase so those things are accesible tonight.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”