Fresh New Week Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Fresh New Week Monday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:43 pm

I got my church task done and then dusted the ceiling fans and pleated lamp shades.

So there's two more chores off my list.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:50 pm

I'm here... got to get busy with something.
Tomorrow is another day.

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:17 pm

The TV is connected. Our 2nd TV doesn't work so we have to get a new one. It was stored in the shed for 3 summers so might have fried something.

I was able to get all the weeds around the street side of the house. It looks like we care anyway. I was upset with all the weeds out there. DH trimmed up some branches that were rubbing on the house and cleaned the mesquite beans out of the gutters.

Tomorrow we head back to the lot for another pickup load. I only have 2 bags to unpack in the bedroom. I still need some chest of drawers, but the shelves in the closet are working for now.

I'm not going to worry about the den for the next couple of days. It is supposed to be nice her on Wed and Thurs so I'm going to work out side. We will probably have to make a trip to H4H Restore for a TV and maybe other furniture.
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:41 pm

I've updated all the church events on the website calendar, so that is done. Plus I added singing practice to my daily to-do list until the concert. Plus I did my practice.

Next up is to start a load of laundry to be ready for the line tomorrow morning. Then it is off to bed because tomorrow is a horribly long day for me.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:19 pm

HRH wasn't feeling well and I ended up on an errand run with dd13 for Nyquil and chocolate ice cream. He had a little ice cream and is sending out ZZZZZs now. Tomorrow's a tough day for him and he needs rest and relief from a cough.

Dd13 and I spent entirely too much time on pharmacy's concrete floors after I had already been on grocery's concrete floors earlier. I had to take a pain reliever this evening. But I did get dsil's bday present purchased, Wendy's gift card, and a nice greeting card with cute envelope in which to send it. So one of 3 bdays this month will be handled.

Don't you just love greeting card envelopes that are somehow nicer/decorative - that will make me purchase a card sometimes. This one is just a monochromatic design that is faint, but tasteful to see that the envelope was designed, too. These thoughts remind me of Indiana's system of filing cards for the year in advance.

Hi to Dove, whose light is on.

I hope everyone's fresh new week has had a good start. Now to get a fresh new sleep for me. :) Nite.

OKay

Postby OKay » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:31 pm

Would someone bonk me over the head please?

I just agreed to teach Sunday morning AND Wednesday nights at church. After being pleaded with, I gave in and told them i would do it for A SHORT SEASON but I didn't want to be left doing it by myself year after year.......like last time. I will be teaching the 1-5 year olds......there have been around 30 of that age group on Sunday mornings and about a dozen on Wednesday nights.

Weak
moments
will
get
me
into
all
kinds
of
unplanned
for
adventures.

I do have to admit there is a part of me that has missed teaching. Being force to prepare a lesson makes me dig deep to really KNOW the information being taught.

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:36 pm

BONK!!!

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:42 pm

HOORAY!!! The bedroom is unpacked. Clothes aren't where they will finally end up as we have no dressers now. So they are on shelves in the closet. If I can't get a good looking chest of drawers - I might just take a cheap one at Habitat and put it in the closet. Then the shelves can go to the den closet.

I want to pick up a bit more (i.e. put DH's boots in the closet) and get it looking a bit nicer.

Next up will be putting together a list for tomorrow and picking out my clothes for that. We will be able to have lunch with our friends at the old lot tomorrow. Then on Wed. we will go shopping for furniture again.

Had a real scare as it looked as if my Queue had disappeared on Netflix. So I started to rebuild it and it all came back. Go figure.
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:02 am

I decided I couldn't leave the kitchen without a complete evening dailies there - just can't stand it. Mice potential haunts me - might as well not try to sleep if the sink might have a mouse morsel.

Then almost finished with the day and Tobias suddenly starts up a ruckus in dd's room. Sigh. Gave him some extra dry food, a little attention.

OKay - is there any chance you could modify this? Request a rotating schedule with another teacher, at least? I have served on nominating committees before, and one of the things we never really wanted to do was to have someone wish for another chance to say "no".

Very happy for you, Emptynester as you have the fun "problem" of furnishing. Another thing you could do is get a H4H chest of drawers that is not good looking yet, but paint-worthy, and have fun turning it into an accessory that matches what you want it to match. Milk paint in desert/western shade (I love that gallery page of :idea: s), or even a faux finish, tole or something even bolder. You are extra good with projects like that - you think big with creativity and know wood pretty well.

Return to “Post When You Can”