Fresh New Week Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Fresh New Week Monday

Postby Harriet » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:46 am

There's a fresh new week facing us and awaiting our smart decisions! Gotta love a clean slate. What are the plans you already know you want to put in place, and what are the ideas you have for a stellar week?

Kathryn had her light on, I noticed, so if she was working on a brighter idea for our thread, I hope she switches hers with mine!

Lilac

Re: Fresh New Week Monday

Postby Lilac » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:59 am

Good morning Harriet!

I had the stomach problem again yesterday. Thought I was done with it and it has started again. I am out of P epto, so I called dd1 and she dropped some off on her way to work. It is liquid and I prefer tablets, but beggars can't be choosers as they say. 2 doses down and still no relief. I want to get a bath, buy some groceries and head to dd2. She said that this weekend was pretty much a bust and we have 3 days to get her packed. I am drinking some hot tea hoping that will settle my stomach.

We are supposed to get rain today and snow tomorrow. The snow will be around an inch. After tomorrow the weather will warm up to the 50's and 60's for the move.

Better go......

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:08 am

My light was on but no-one was at home!

I'm missing motivation this morning and was too lazy to start the PWYC.

I'm just finishing up my SAD light now and will hit the shower. I exercised, stripped and remade the bed, tidied the bedroom, emptied the dishwasher and had breakfast but haven't got dressed yet for the day so that will be my first item at hand.

OKay

Postby OKay » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:24 am

Good Morning!

Kathryn - even on your less-than-best-day, you are an inspiration! I had to smile when I read your post. Missing motivation this morning..... I exercised, stripped and remade the bed, tidied the bedroom, emptied the dishwasher and had breakfast I suspect we all need a dose of your missing motivation. :) YGG!

PODA -
** LO to doctor this morning to monitor his height/weight growth
** To hospital to check on DAunt. This morning she was taken by ambulance when she couldn't move her left side. They have done CAT scan and no bleeding showing in brain....now they are preparing to do a MRI.
** Best effort to finish #4 from friday's chore bingo. I have been working on it every spare moment, but still have a way to go.

helia

Postby helia » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:40 am

I love new beginnings, so I love a new week. :)

I am in total agreement with OK re: Kathryn's missing motivation. Hand some of that over here!

I'm sorry I can't get here more regularly. Sometimes, I end up spending too much time on this machine playing when I should be doing other things so it is good for me to step back from time to time, my own personal struggle.

I have a fairly normal week looking at me. I do have a moms group steering committee meeting Friday a.m. for which I still need to find one more child care worker. I am organizing and leading the meeting, but that doesn't mean I'll do the majority of the speaking. Kids don't have school tomorrow so I'm hoping to finally take dd16 to the Sec. of State office to get her learners drivers permit. Dh has a meeting in Boston Friday, so he'll be out for the day, returning home to attend a work-related dinner here that evening. . . .I imagine he'll be exhausted by the time he finally gets home Friday night. I think I'm going to offer to lead small group Saturday night. We're studying Mark, and I led a study of Mark many years ago and think I still have my notes. At least, we still have some great commentaries.

Skippable - Kids schedule ramblings: Dd13 needs to make some decisions this week re: the annual middle school musical, whether or not she will do crew, specifically costume design and making. The time commitment is quite intense, esp. the 2 weeks before the show. Plus, parents are required to do some volunteer work as well. Today, we're trying to find out when auditions for the high school band will occur, which may be in the thick of the 2 weeks of musical dress rehearsals. Her friend, who was on crew last year, told her she stopped lessons during that time b/c the time commitment was so great. Dd3 will want to keep up with her lessons and have plenty of time for practice before the high school band auditions. Also, dd13 is thinking of that Saturday ice skating class that the girls and I did last year. Dd16 and I are not going to do it this year. It runs Nov. - March. She will probably also do synch. swimming, Jan. - Feb. So, I need to find time to talk to dd13 about how full she wants her schedule to be. She and ds are my busier kids; dd16 is not so busy. Ds is looking at 2 more school clubs this year - the science olympiad team (he was invited by other students) and he is checking out the web design club. He is still on the robotics team, the chess club and team and the cricket club, which meets only sporadically. This doesn't include outside school activities, like clarinet lessons and his church small group. He can take himself to and from these meetings now, so his busyness doesn't affect me too much anymore. :D

Alright, I'm off to get the menu plan/groc. list going and then get that errand done. Later today, dd16 has an orthodonist appt. at 3. I am meeting dh to jog at 5, unless I decide to do it another time/place. We're having tacoes for supper tonight. I need to work on Hebrew too.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:02 pm

Waving to every one! Helia I need a menu plan too.
S2s is next
then granny duty and the floors need attn. around here I did not do them on Fri. and it shows today!
Yard looks great after raking the back yesterday too frosty this morning to do much outside here.
Sent off next letter this morning & wrote dsis so that feels like great progress for me.
I have the things we did not get for Holiday menu on a list so feel a bit more together about that now so that helps.

I need to scoot and get in gear.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:23 pm

Hi, Honey, I'm home! :lol:

Yep it's a fresh new week. We are moving with half-steam as we try to recover from marathon work Fri Sat Sun. It was grueling to say the least.

All popcorn stripped from her high cathedral ceilings in main living area (kitchen, dining areas, family room & living room). Everything retectured. Splat splat all over the plastic we had everything covered with and some of the plastic moved. Floors all cleaned in whole house as dear little ones tracked it around.

All holes patched, edges feathered out and retectured. Big holes where walls were taken down and doorways cut out. Little holes where elect. was moved, etc. 3 new elec plugs installed. Backsplashes straightened out. Some of that tile installed. Whole ceiling painted with 1 coat.

We left here Thurs. eve. and worked through till about 8:00pm Sun. With a little sleep and eat time. :o And I helped with it all. Sun eve I ducked out ("oh, no, she went home and left me - dh- behind") and got chicken dinner at Pub lix. Big container of chilli I took up was huge hit. Only home cooked meal we got, except for breakfast Sun morn DD made.

I'm working on laundry. Plaster comes out. Paint doesn't! I'll BBL.
Last edited by Harmony on Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:25 pm

Good morning all! I hope the extra sunshine in the am is doing us all some good. Last night I cleaned kitchen and cleared off a tiny area in the sewing room. I need to finish a stuffed Bug-A-Boo for DD9 for Christmas. (Bug-A-Boo is the monster under the bed from the Scary Godmother series, in case you are wondering. There is no commercially available stuffed version.) It is cold and I need curtains in my kitchen!

Sunday started off as a sad day for me. Saturday, XDH and a friend came over to help with the Halloween cleanup. (The party was given by the 3 of us). XDH dropped off a number of boxes of things that belonged to me from his (used to be our) house. Then I found out from DD that they had spent Friday evening in the friend's hot tub. My extra hour on Sunday was spent feeling sorry for myself, then I kept crying in the middle of church (embarrassing). I felt better after church. I had cat adoption clinic to run Sunday afternoon and missed a geocache party. It was over by the time I got back.

Tonight I had invited the friend to dinner, but she cannot make it, so I am by myself again. I do have a plan though. I am dreading Thanksgiving when I have to entertain DD for an entire day when nothing is open. I am hoping the Chinese buffet will be open for lunch. Theatres may be open, I should be able to find something for us. Sorry this is rambling, I am still moping. Even more embarrassing than crying at church would be crying at payroll.

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:50 pm

We had another rain storm here last night - I didn't even hear it. The weather is so different from our lot only 60 miles but 2 ranges of mountains away.

I was out working with the Park Beautification Crew for 2 hours this morning. Digging out weeds and raking brush from the row of oleanders along the front of the park. Next week we get to do the ditch between the road and our fence. It sure looks great.

We are waiting (IM)patiently for the TV man to come install our TV. He is supposed to be here between 8 and 12 and it is almost 10.

Next up is to work some more in my bedroom. DH made some shelves for me so I can put more things on shelves. I am also sorting for the huge park wide garage sale on Saturday. Anything left over goes to Goodwill or the like.

Got some good pointers from the garden people on how to bring our lot back in shape. Next up is to find the umph to do it. DH cleaned the gutters and pulled some weeds while I was gone. I think while I'm still dressed for it and in the mood - I will go pull some weeds, too. It is easier after the rain.

TTFN
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Sadie

Postby Sadie » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:21 pm

good morning dear ladies,

Temp is 61 and we have dark clouds and rain off and on.

Started off the morning by going with DH to his Dr. office. Changed his meds a little as he is dealing with some anxiety issues that are causing havoc to his mind and body. So very glad that he is willing to go to doctor for help. Went to the pharmacy together too and sat on a bench together and waited for it to be filled. Think this is our new "dating time". :lol:

Love the mornings with this new time as I got up an hour early, but it felt like the regular time to my body. Evenings are harder as quitting time from work seemed harder to get to.

Got a load of laundry going. Need to work on dishes, counters, bathrooms, floor and dusting.

Harriet, I'd have to agree with your DD about your Dad's eating of sweets. Be grateful that he has an appetite. I always bought Dmom Reeces, they were her favorite. And I thought the peanut butter would help with protein anyway.

Off to the adventures.

Return to “Post When You Can”