Fresh New Week Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Fresh New Week Monday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:29 pm

Motivation is still missing but I'm going to fake it until it returns.

Seriously, getting dressed for the day at 11:15 is not a sign of a motivated person. Neither is a second mini-bag of cheezies.

Anyway, I can add s2s to my list of accomplishments, plus I've brought in the garbage cans and phoned to find out where my CDs with my sermon prep material are. I ordered them Sept 26, they charged my credit card on the 29th and I still don't have them. All they could say is that they were sent out by the post office. I'll need a tracking number and dates or I'll have to call my credit card to dispute the charge. It has been 6 weeks and even a cross border shipment shouldn't take that long.

Next challenge is lunch. My jaw is sore so I don't know what to have.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:30 pm

Elizabeth, I am going to chat about crying in the middle of church in Joys and Concerns, wanna come?

Sadie, I am going to chat about "the new dating time" in Joys and Concerns, wanna come?

I'm back from town. Slight grocery shopping too, in the wrong shoes. I should eat.

How productive you and Mr. Harmony have been, not to mention good for dd, Harmony.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:44 pm

On the weekend of the 19th-20th, I have my lay preaching course (8 - 4), Asian dinner at the church (4:30 - 7:00) and the next day church in the morning and then a time and talents auction from 6:30 - 8:30. Just received an invitation to a birthday party/house warming from our treasurer for the evening of the 19th. This just goes to show how out of touch she is with the church that she'd pick that night for her open house. She doesn't come to church or board meetings and obviously she isn't reading the emails either. Sigh...

I'd love to go to the open house but I'm not about to overbook myself that much.

No phone call back about the preaching CDs.

So I guess water plants will be my next task and then on to a paperwork challenge.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:00 pm

Watered plants and stalled again.

Went for a walk with dh so picking up and processing mail is off my list.

Had a banana when I got home. I'm starving but only want to eat junk food so am trying to not succombe (hence the walk.)

OKay

Postby OKay » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:23 pm

LO doctor appt went very well! Although he gained some weight in the last 3 months, his height has increased more which resulted in him moving toward a better weight/height/age ratio on the chart they keep. Doctor was happy with the progress made and told us to keep doing what we are doing. :) We go back for another checkup on his weight/height in 6 months.

I'm behind on routinely cards since I've been focusing on finishing up a project. Keeping the basic up is relative easy, but the other cards have been neglected.

Harmony - you and DH are simply AWESOME!! BWTG on your amazing accomplishments this weekend.

Elizabeth - is there a place near you where you and DD could volunteer to serve on Thanksgiving? Just thinking it would be a rewarding experience for DD and something that would be a good (hopefully) memory you could make together. (((HUGS))))

Sadie - I like your dates!! They are similar to DH and my style of dates. This weekend has been full of earthquake experiences and jabber that occurred in our state on Saturday and Sunday. Family & friends telling about houses swaying and items banging/falling were common to hear. DH told me about how the walls in our home seemed to move and the TV swayed....but we haven't seen any damage. I must admit to sleeping through both of the earthquakes :shock:

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:34 pm

Thank you for kind words about all our recent work.

It's been on my mind about the way DD2 & her family are living in that half-wreck of a house. I think I understand how Lilac feels about her DD & her family.

Sorry we did not get DD's kitchen backsplash completed, but we made DSiL promise to cut the tile for her and she now knows how to install and she's been told how to grout. We got one big section done before we had to leave and she knows how to do all but the cutting. We left her with her living area all ready for new paint (walls). She could see the progress. She told me with tears that she didn't know how to get her house back together again. DSiL had quit helping her, and she couldn't afford to sub it out, and her schedule is crazy busy. If only we could get back up there a couple more times we'd have it pretty much done.

Anyway, all my laundry is out hanging, hopefully getting dry. I have been trying to straighten out my desk and office where there is a lot of work. I am pretty bushed and so is DH. I have tomorrow's work day already planned and it is filled.

OKay

Postby OKay » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:48 pm

SKIPPABLE ......

Arrrggghhhh!! I agonize over decisions unnecessarily. Why don't I gather all the facts up front instead of thinking about bits & pieces of the decision for days/weeks/months??? Once all the facts are gathered, the decision is easy to make. Thinking about a decision without all the facts is useless waste of my time. grrrrrrrrr....

I'm wimping out. I had tentatively planned to switch backups to Crashplan after DSon highly recommended it. However, the more I looked the more I felt uneasy. When I realized I would be backing up about 40gb to their server in a cloud, that is when i changed my mind. It just seems toooooo ????? SOMETHING to have all that data under someone else control. Does that make me a control freak? A scarcity cat? I am SURE their security is configured better than mine because that is their specialty.....but I still am hesitant about putting all my eggs in their basket.

So I've backed up the last 2,012 files that have been changed which brings the main backup up-to-date. I'll move the backup drive off site and make a SHE card to remind me to do it routinely. I am comfortable using Dropbox for short term backup and I'll just have to stay under the 2gb free storage between off-site backups.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:14 pm

OKay I'm uncomfortable with cloud backup too. We backup to a drive elsewhere in the house and rotate that with a drive in a fire safe. We used to have an off-site drive down the street but both friends moved away so we don't have that anymore.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:43 pm

This has been a productive day found out the realtor had an add in the news paper yesterday so that gave me mojo to get going on the weekly stuff I'd let slide.
I got the laminate floors swept and mopped and I spiffed up the bath rooms.
Dish washer is going now and I have the first load of laundry is in now too.
Plus H. dumped the trash & cleaned off the deck and patio got the patio furniture put away & it looks better, he is manning the shredder now.
Granny duty is over. Had a nice visit with dd today that was good.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:47 pm

Home from work - I really hate getting home after dark. I stopped off at Whole Foods on the way home for a small (two serving) quiche and salad. I'll save the other half of the quiche for another meal, unless my will power gives way.

I'm supposed to watch a webinar related to temple biz tonight. If it's too boring I'll cut it off - it's actually only a regional board meeting.

I'll follow Lucylee's lead and post in Members only about the subject of too many emails today. :roll:

Elizabeth - I agree with OKay's suggestion of volunteering for part of the day. Movies are also open here, and there's also a walk here that raises $$ for homeless organizations. You could walk off that Chinese buffet!

7:23 - I am going to blow off this webinar soon. I'm connected, but apparently it hasn't started yet. Was supposed to be 7 p.m. to 8:30 and I blocked out the time. I'm getting the recording...."the webinar will be begin shortly. Please remain on the line." And I just rec'd another reminder email about the webinar.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”