TOTH or BOTH Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: TOTH or BOTH Tuesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:17 pm

Everyone at the meeting was commenting on the time change tonight. It was dark by 5:30 and so had been dark over an hour by the time dinner was done and we were all ready for bed, not to attend a 3 hour meeting.

The day went well, like clockwork. I got my errands run, had Subway (salad, not sandwich, can't bite that yet), did my volunteering and then attended the Presbytery meeting. Met with the minister after and realized I'm 'missing' 8 tickets to the supper. I've handed them out to someone but can't recall who so don't know to call and see how many are sold. That's going to mess with our numbers for preparing food. On the plus side, we've sold 65 tickets so far (and hit profit at 40.)

I'm trying to slow my brain down after the busy day and get off to bed at a reasonable hour. Dh has already gone up but I need to unwind a bit first.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:23 pm

Kathryn, I would consider them sold to hungry people and move on - you can't be perfect. You remembered the ninety-nine other things.

Well, I have my list of apologetic "were you trying to tell us something" calls to make tomorrow morning. :roll: HRH would like to contact AT&T himself. :shock:

Twins Mom's mention of her handsome dogs (and lucylee's happiness about less pet aroma) makes me think of pets and the changes around here.

We think Tobias is 6.5 months old and we're watching for physical changes - supposedly they develop wider faces and shoulders, which is considered a "desirable" characteristic, and then there's a space of time that's good for neutering before they begin some undesirable characteristics like "spraying", which I know little about except I'm sure I don't want! That's supposed to happen between 7 and 9 months. We would like to get him neutered at the ideal age for him, since we have that luxury as his from-kittenhood indoor home. For a more at-risk kitten, neutering would have already happened. Speaking of wider faces on cats, HRH has already taken his photo and featured him in a Jib-Jab video. :roll: He is a powerful, big cat now. I've never owned one so young - it's amazing how shiny and lush his fur is. I told HRH if only the ordinary short-hair breed were rare, he would win a cat show for sure. Of course, he's also a pain. I keep Harmony's assurances in mind when he acts like an anarchist.

bittersweet, I hope you have a great time tomorrow at the write-in. It reminds me of the concept that Byron, Polidori and Shelley came up with to see who could write the best ghost story as they spent time together by the fire, and Mary Shelley joined them and topped them all! (eek - don't write that kind of book, though)

Would Norma have left on her tropical vacation yet?

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:23 am

Yes Harriet. She is sitting on one of maui's beaches even as we speak. I think she heads for home this Sunday. I'll Sweetie he'll know. He and normas dh email all the time :D
Live boldly, take risk, no regrets...Jillian Michaels

Return to “Post When You Can”