Bright Prospects Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: Bright Prospects Wednesday

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:55 pm

I need some bright ideas for the document I am working on. Right now I am waiting for a database to import and will be waiting a while. Last night's Girls' Night Out went ok, with homework getting completed as well. Tonight I am going to a financial talk. I hope it does not last too long as I am pretty tired. I hope they feed us something substantial. There is a reception so there will probably be some sort of food. I found my oldest (non-foster) cat scratching the wood on a chair last night, not good. I'd love to sleep some more, this time change always gets to me.

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:02 pm

YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :shock: :o Get better soon, Indiana!!! Thanks for letting us know, MT!!

I haven't even gotten dressed here yet, and it's just coming 10am! We're already onto Plan B for the day *sigh* The original plan was to go to dmum's this morning to help her clean out the bottom of the fridge, strip/remake her bed, and a couple of other small things, then back to the city for the write-in, then pick up DGS for an hour to go to the dog park again.

However..........dmum just called, and needs to fit in a couple of errands. Since I'm running late, we agreed that I should come over after the write-in and bring DGS with me. I'll head for home early enough that we can beat the rush hour traffic, and everyone will still get what they wanted out of the day (I hope!). If all goes well, DH and I will watch another HP movie this evening.

First, I'm going to finish my coffee, then get dressed, do critter care, and head off to the write-in.
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:04 pm

The brightest idea I had this morning was to get dressed. Hair was still wet when an unexpected visitor arrived at the front door but at least I was dressed.

A friend from church was laid off yesterday. The layoffs were on the news this morning so I had included him in my morning prayers (whether or not he was laid off he'd need prayers because keeping a job after a major layoff isn't always great.) He came to decompress at our place and talk through his situation. It is wonderful to be trusted that much.

So a good portion of my morning was taken up by pastoral care.

Now it is just over an hour until choir practice and I have to have lunch and get my hair styled. And then organize my mind around all the jobs I didn't do this morning.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:13 pm

Thank you, Emptynester. I actually started thinking about a card to Indiana recently but I understand the limit on forwarding has been reduced to 3 months now and so any address I had would be returned. I am grateful that Indiana is getting good care but concerned for her that this has changed into a harder road. I know her nieces will be at her side. - (ok, called HRH about this and he thinks the 3 mos was a suggestion for saving money for usps in the future, not something they have already started. He thinks a card would still reach her new home after a delay.)

Get well soon, Lilac.

I am somewhat heartsick today that the perennial candidate whose election I have dreaded as a possibility for 15 years or more somehow squeaked by in our election here. I believe confusion of the name with the similar one of a former 3-term mayor. There was a change to 6 board members from 5. I personally consider that change to an even number a mistake, because now the Mayor will have many more responsibilities to break ties, a situation that invariably causes hard feelings, in my experience. I feel sorry for the other board members, because I don't know how in the world they will work with this volatile, unpredictable person. Most of them are strong people. I hope they have their blood pressures under control - it's such a hard job already, without added problems.

Never got to come back here because of rapid fire phone calls. Neighbors and cousins wanting to know if I can believe the election results. I've barely gotten in a breakfast. Was grateful for dcousinMary's dh also getting me in touch with her at her dmom's house today, as she and I then could talk eldercare out some.

Fielded phone calls from doctor's offices for both me and my ddad, none of which inspired much confidence, really. I seem to be explaining everyone's job to them. Harmony, 2 dr's offices have been contacted and now I know what they wanted to tell me - I had to correct both of them on both points.

Bright spot for today was being on time, making the trash and recyclable collection with plenty, which clears out space for me, and making the mail with a bday card and Wendy's certificate to dsil, well in time for his special day. The card said something silly/complimentary :roll: about only very intelligent people could open it. I was nagging dd and HRH to sign the card this a.m. before they left. After they were gone I saw that HRH had signed "HRH and Harriet" in his unmistakable handwriting, and then printed an explanation below that he'd had to sign for Harriet because she couldn't get the card open.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:59 pm

Harriet I had to laugh at what HRH did but he deserves 4 lashes with a wet noodle for his mis-behaviour!

Lunch is done. I finished reading yesterday's papers at that point and put away the tea things from our visit this morning. I still have to do my hair. And call another choir member to see if he'll need a ride.

My friend called to let me know she had a huge birthday surprise. I had called her this morning to invite her to lunch but she thought she should stay home since she was expecting another visitor from church. She called me back to say it was a good thing she stayed home, her 3 sisters and BIL from down East showed up as a surprise at her door, hiding behind a huge bouquet of flowers. She sounded good when I talked to her this morning, she sounded even better when she called back!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:59 pm

Today is the public announcement day for the emergency broad casting natl. test.
EN thanks for the Indiana news I'd been thinking of her.
Harriet thanks for reminding me of the election now I'm thinking I will watch more local news for election results at noon.

Trying to get ready for spa week and foot pampering card OMM thinking of tweaks and what to add your comment about cotton sox is a great suggestion putting that on it. Marbles for foot soak to massage feet bottoms is one thing I learned on U-tube! Things can be gotten at the $1 store might be a good gift hint for teachers and others something that's not so common they get. I saw a foot kit at w-mart but they only had two of them so those will not last long.

Chili is going in the crock pot now.
arm work out is done.
I've browsed through the adds this week.
Last night I caught the Duggers and it will be 20 kids and counting now she's expecting again and 45 years young! Did any one else catch that?
Covert affairs another of my favs. was on too.
QT was watching verses with photos and music today after my work out very soothing.

Lunch is done I've spiffed up the kitchen and am back from a walk did the hill today I've not done it in a while. Saw 2 deer and a covey of quail on my walk! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sherinjoy

Postby sherinjoy » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:59 pm

Thank you MT for phoning Indiana and letting us know of her hospitalization. I've been worried about her health lately, she didn't seem to be getting better. Hopefully this stay in the hospital will help her recover her breathing and congestion issues. I will include her in my prayers.

Waving hi to everyone else in the village.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:19 pm

Thanks, MT. Somewhere on this computer I have an address for Indiana, albeit her older one. It should forward though with no problem. We do a 'mail forwarding' which is still good for 6 months, Harriet.

When I first read your post, Harriet, I found myself wondering if HRH signed his name as just that instead of his 'real' name. :lol: It was funny!

Just walked down the street to deliver a piece of mail with dd -it was for the old owner here (dd & dsil have had this house for 10 years!). Funny part was that it was from her sister. :mrgreen:

Have to go help get dinner around. We bought chicken bar-b-q's from a fund raiser at school today. So dinner will be easy.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:50 pm

Hello, sherinjoy! We've missed seeing you as often.

Nancy, I saw the clip, very short, in which Mr. Duggar chuckled about an even number.

Dove, speaking of clips, that one you couldn't see was just a few seconds of Matt Paxton saying he was going to cross over a mountain of clutter. Then he promptly lost his balance on top and fell headlong into piles on the other side, lol. He's very down to earth and laughs at himself.

Skippable Rant
Well, we are 0 for 4 waiting on doctor's offices to know what they are doing today. I took dd to her winter sports physical. While there, my Gen Prac asked about upcoming procedure for me and it turns out his office sent me to the wrong doctor! He was shocked/disappointed (when I told him - he had no idea) that I had seen a Dr. B, whom he doesn't know, because I was supposed to have seen Dr. W., of whom he thinks highly. And now the procedure is scheduled at a hospital that doesn't send Gen Prac info. Sigh. When I got home, Dr. B's nurse was on the phone saying they never noticed until now :roll: that my ultrasound had been done at the Gen Prac's group, and so they wanted to move me to a different location for the procedure with Dr. B, so Gen Prac will be informed. Good grief. So now up to ME to decide whether I will stick with a doctor my Gen Prac never heard of and didn't mean to send me to, or start over. And that was a $50 co-pay, thankyouverymuch.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:25 pm

Awww, Harriet! :roll:

I'm getting bit up by something -probably squitoes. :shock:

Shoulders giving me fits -other than that -I'm really good! :P :?

Hoping Indiana is improving. We sure do miss her!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”