Bright Prospects Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: Bright Prospects Wednesday

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:34 pm

I am off to a financial seminar. I am missing dinner at church for it, so I hope the reception part has enough food. I am shutting down my computer now and wish everyone a good night.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:49 pm

Choir was fun but it was just dh and I.

After choir, dh and I walked to get the mail.

I've been working on in-boxes today. I'm bad about deleting messages and have about 500 to get rid of. Done 100 so far.

I also sent an email cancelling my preaching resource order since they haven't told me they sent it yet (it has been 6 weeks.) I'm hoping my cancellation of the order will spur them to give me the info on the shipping. Although reading the reviews on Amazon (something I had failed to do before ordering) I've learned that this is the worst book on CD ever. The screen resolution required is not compatible with my laptop and thus I'll only be able to read a few paragraphs at a time. There are other problems as well. Given that my minister and church have given me 1/3 of the material in book form, I will return the CDs if they ever get here and eat the cost of the taxes, postage, etc.

Dh cooked dinner. He makes the best french fries. I'm so glad I got him that deep fryer for Christmas last year.

It looks like we'll be taking the church musicians boys next Friday. They are off school and she has agreed to make the sweet rolls for the Asian dinner. To make the 80 she needs to make will be a HUGE undertaking and impossible with the boys underfoot, so dh and I will take them to a movie, lunch and to a park if the weather is good, or back to our house to play lego. That will be my contribution to the dinner.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:25 pm

I got a load of laundry done this evening and the kitchen tidied up. I meant to do reading but lost track of time some how.

The minister had asked me for my advent candle lighting liturgy I wrote for last Year B and I sent it. She wanted to change the non-inclusive language and the hymn I used so I just wrote her back with an explanation that the language is straight from our translation of the bible and will be read those Sundays so I want the language to stand. And the hymn I used was about the work of Advent not the feel-good liturgy of Hope, Peace, Joy and Love. Our denomination has an candle lighting hymn I don't like and I don't want my work paired with it. I'd rather she use some other liturgy than do that.

This reminded me that I have to write the Year C version of this liturgy so I'll have a complete set. (I wrote Year A & B under the tutelage of my former minister and he used my Year A at his new church last year so I feel like I owe him a Year C at some point.)

I guess I didn't lose track of time, I just got distracted with this. Dh is back from his friend's house and ready for bed so I guess I'd better get off to bed too.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:34 pm

I'm checking in late this evening - it's been a few days (or longer) :( and I've missed being here. I've been somewhat distracted lately, just managing to keep up with the basics.

Thanks to MT for checking on Indiana. She's been on my mind, too! And Dee --- hope you're ok!

OKay, you sure have had some wild days lately. Could you feel the earth shaking?

Harriet, too bad about the mixup with the doctors; hope it all works out the best for you. And...what a sense of humor HRH has!

We weren't home for the national emergency test today. Our bright spot of the day was the good news dh received at his dr. appointment. The was good and he doesn't go back for six months. Neither of us felt like going back home right away, so went to the mall and did a couple of laps around, upstairs and downstairs. It was a nice day to be out.

Well, tomorrow's another day. I look forward to getting back in the groove and getting more accomplished again!
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:00 am

Well, I'm glad to hear from Indiana -- thanks for checking on her, MT -- but I am so sorry she's not feeling better.
Sending lots of (((BIG HUGS))) & prayers for healing, rest, wise doctors & nurses, and a quick recovery. (((Indiana)))

And (((Harriet))). What a day.

I've been somewhat distracted lately, just managing to keep up with the basics.

Ditto that, Sunny. Is it the time change? I don't know. I feel like I have just been out of the loop. I don't know what my problem is lately.
I know I am looking forward to the 3-day weekend, that's for certain!

VERY GLAD for good doctor's report for Mr. Sunny!

Twenty kids. I cannot even imagine. :shock:

News from Penn State is so depressing... and disappointing. Not that I'm saying heads shouldn't be rolling for all this. Just sad that it ever happened.

Talking about sad situations -- another one of my students had a parent to die. This is the second one in the last couple of weeks! I visited the family at their home today, along with a few other teachers. The visitation @ funeral home will be tomorrow night, and the funeral Friday, but I will probably not attend either of those, since I have seen my student already. I also talked with his dad and an aunt, so maybe they will not think I'm uncaring if I don't attend the visitation and service.

I've had a nap and I'm still ready to go to bed. I think I'll carry the newspapers to bed with me and read till I fall asleep.
Last night I did that, and put my sound machine on "ocean" sounds, and mmmmm... I slept soooo good!

Y'all please forgive me for being so sporadic in my responses lately... you are ALL in my thoughts! Hope you have a good night and a good day tomorrow!
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:28 am

Sunny, it must have been you I thought of for bright prospects. I'm so happy to hear Mr. Sunny's news.

G'night all. Long finished with evening dailies, I have been babysitting a vivacious Tobias while dd did science outlines, and HRH has been using the flashlight for kitty-calisthenics to tire him out so dd can get a good night's sleep. She still has math to complete when she gets up in the morning, and she started on homework shortly after getting home.

I'm going to go imagine listening to lucylee's ocean machine.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:56 am

Thank you,Lucy. So sorry to hear of another of your students losing a parent. It's too sad when that happens. Yes, what happened at Penn State was appalling! I knew that J. Paterno had been there a long time, but didn't realize he was 84 years old! Shows how little I follow sports. Some of my distraction lately has been worry over my dh. But for someone (like me), who gets distracted easily, I think any change from a regular routine can throw someone off track. So considering the change from a summer routine, then the time change, etc. etc., it might take a while to get used to new routines.

Someone mentioned ESPN earlier. We got a phone call from ds#3 on Mon. evening telling us about a show called "Sports Nation" on ESPN2 at 5 pm and be sure to watch. This sports talk show would be at Ft. Myer, VA live and part of the USA Army Band would perform and he had to be there. He wasn't to be part of the show, but we might be able to see him there. Well, almost at the very end of the show we did see him and dgs9. (Ds had taken him to work for the day so he could get dgs's military id. Children can't get the id until their 10th birthday - his is on Nov. 26) The host interviewed several people who could ask a question about any football team. One of the men asked about the Steelers and dgs started cheering and waving his "Terrible Towel", which caught the attention of the cameraman who took a shot of them! What a treat we had! And we got to see the Drill Team do some of their routine!

Thanks, Harriet. It really was a great relief to hear the dr.'s report today. Sounds like your dd has excessive homework for 8th grade! And dTobias sounds like he is getting old enough to be more awake at night like mature cats are.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:04 am

We've had dinner and I did a kitchen spiff after wards we watched the move King Arthur on AMC glad to be able to enjoy that this evening and take a bit of a break.

Return to “Post When You Can”