Bright Prospects Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Bright Prospects Wednesday

Postby Harriet » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:31 am

:idea: We are bright people who make good decisions! What bright project or plan is going well for you this week? Did you already accomplish a bright idea that makes the rest of the week easier? What item is on your chore list today, or on your weeklies, or the monthlies you have scheduled soon, that will make your life brighter, lighter and positive?

Lilac

Re: Bright Prospects Wednesday

Postby Lilac » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:44 am

(((Harriet))) I am hoping that your ddad has a brighter and better day.

Yesterday we had a heavy, wet snow as predicted. It was probably an inch and didn't stick to the streets. Today it is to be sunny and what snow is on the yard will soon melt.

My tummy trouble is back. I must have a slight bug because since the time change, I have headed to bed at 9, exhausted.

We packed yesterday and those 2 little girls were soooooooooooo good. Dgd2 didn't make any messes. We put dgd6months in a R ubbermaid container that she could sit in, with a dolly and she just played with it and talked to us and the dolly. Today we have to really hit it. I am hoping that my issue will let up, so I can get a bath and head out.

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:53 am

I think I need to change my time on my profile?

Interesting chats about the time change yesterday. Myself, I don't like the early dark evening. But I am finding it easier to get to bed earlier (a habit I'm trying to establish) and I'm finding it easier to get up. I'm grateful because I feel like I fight the clock with my own internal one constantly.

Hoping all the households in our village today are peaceful and productive. Lilac, feel better.

Harriet, what messages did you find from people finally?

My bright spot today is that I will probably have time to do some sewing. After my dailies and desk work. I've been wondering about Indiana too. Hopefully she's just busy getting better and back to normal things.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:58 am

Workin' toward my to-do li$t for the day; I don't usually work on Wednesdays but need to because of return due next week. :shock: I'm going to go by drugstore and cleaners before I head off the mountain and I need to get a move on.

Also ta-das for yesterday:
-lengthy phone conversation with another temple officer re: parking and getting info about another issue.
-downloaded Apple iOS 5 for iPad - acting a little wonky today and taking a long time to sync so I'm waiting on it.

Rats, it looks like it didn't finish restoring the iPad last night and it's taking forever....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:21 am

I had to set my time to ES, Lilac, and then it seemed to be correct.

Slow getting going this morning. For some reason (can't figure it out really) my BS was high and varied a lot as I retook it. Any rate I'm back to taking my 2, 2x a day. Hoping my prescriptions straighten out soon and are mailed. Talked to a supervisor yesterday, getting her number and extension so I can call back if I still have a problem.

DH is going walking soon with dlab. I was going to go but seem to have a callous or something on the bottom of my foot.

Had a hard night sleeping -woke up about 1 or so with a headache, throbbing jaw, painful knee & back, and sciatic making my feet uncomfortable. Probably that was the back and knee as well. I was awake about 2 hours after taking 2 acetiminophen capsules. Speaking of throbbing jaw -how is yours, Kathryn? Did it finally ease up?

Going to start doing some rounds. I'm assigning 30 minutes to any 1 job (though most are completed in much less) so that perhaps I can FOCUS.

DH put in new stove top for DD last night. Cooked oatmeal on it for the first time today -going to be NICE! :mrgreen:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:49 am

Things are bright here at the moment, I'm under my SAD lamp!

Twins Last week you asked which light I recommend. There's one from Costco that is small, dual voltage (SAD light can be used for jetlag) and very effective. Mine was made by Philips. It is only blue light spectrum. My older light (which I'm using now because ds has my other light) is full light and HUGE. But it works too. Since starting the light regularly last week my appetite has gone down and my energy level up. I'm getting up closer to 7 now, than 8 so am shifting down towards 8 hours in bed from 9 - 10.

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:03 am

Good morning all.

I'm up and S2BF. I'm learning the sounds of the house now and not waking up so much during the night. It is a sunny, bright blue sky morning here. A bit nippy out at 45*F. But we expect to be in the high 70*F this afternoon.

I am going to re-arrange things in the kitchen today to make room for some of the things I brought from the lot yesterday. The most urgent is to put in cup hooks so I have more room on the shelves for things and to re-arrange the other cabinets to put in some extra shelves. Too much vertical space.

My big order from the mail order was shipped yesterday from Phoenix. It says it will arrive on Saturday. Hmmm! only 50 miles away - why would it take so long?? I especially need the lamps for the bedroom.

Off to breakfast and meds. TTFN
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:28 am

EN I heard lamps are jewelry for a room!
The sun rise was bright and lovely today.

Luncn & Dinner plan crock pot chili; I need to get that going later on this morning.
Yesterday we had Yummy dinner idea turkey sausage patty on a bun w cheese
and pizza or sloppy joe sauce a side of sweet potato fries, and collard greens!
Tummy in the tummy. Make berry cobbler let dgd "help" with this next time she is over we need to use up the berries in the freezer.

Yard wk. card is up today as a few more leaves have fallen so I can do those weather will be 52* and sunny here today yea! Tomorrow dgson's Veteran's day concert I need to keep reminding myself of it so we do not forget. Check movies I need to remember to do that as well. Fri. cleaning @ dd's before bday party for dgd.

OKay

Postby OKay » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:05 pm

Good Morning!

After focusing every spare moment (and some that were not spare) to finish Yuckie-yuck-yucko project for several days, I feel like I am coming out of a fog. I've kept the basics going....but just barely. I need to get back to my normal routine and schedule. I WANT to get back to it. I find it such a comfort to use SHE cards and know what needs to be done next and have the assurance that I'm not missing doing something important.

I've been so hyper focused on the project that I almost managed to ignore the wide weather we have been having this week. 3 earthquakes (4.2 - 5.7), tornadoes with a few miles of us, hail, wild winds, & lightning and RAIN! Glorious MOISTURE arrive here!! Parts of the state got 5-7" but we only received 2.4". Which is very very welcomed! The wild lightning must have struck MPB because we have 4 exterior lights not working today. These are $30 light bulbs so it was a $120 ouchie storm for us. Nothing else seems affected, so we are thankfully the lightning didn't do more damage!!!

Today PODA -
** pick up older DGS and girl friend from school
** DH & I need to stop by lawyer office and sign paperwork
** DGS14 is cooking supper for the group tonight
** church.....including me teaching little ones
** DMom support. DDad is going through a extremely rough time. Each time he gets like this .....we wonder if he can pull through.

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:51 pm

INDIANA REPORT

She checked into the hospital last Friday and will be there until this Friday at least. She was very groggy and a bit foggy on the phone so I didn't talk long except to tell her of our concerns and hopes for quick healing.

Return to “Post When You Can”