Get a Move On Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Get a Move On Thursday

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:27 am

FOUR, Kathryn -go FOUR it! :D
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:40 am

Good morning, villagers ~
Just did a speed-read cuop. Thanks for the news about Indiana, I have been concerned for her.

CI:
Monday = errand day. I went to have blood drawn for several tests; the tech was a pro and found a vein with only 1 stick. Met a girlfriend for lunch, then we went together to visit a dear old friend in hospital. After that I went to the used book store with a 40% off coupon, and found a cd I'd been thinking about for awhile (Mumford & Sons "Sigh No More") as well as a Miss Read book on clearance for $1. Then I went grocery shopping because the weather prediction for Tuesday was scary.

Tuesday I was glad to have gotten so many errands done because the weather guy was right, cold & pouring rain all day causing slippery driving. I went to vote, paid bills and a few other close errands, and did a bunch of chores. Made up a big pot of chili for supper that turned out really good.

Yesterday I woke up at 4:15 and couldn't get back to sleep, so I got up and started working on the computer.
1) Plugged in external hard drive, read the online start-up manual, backed up all data files from my desktop pc.
2) Tried to renew anti-virus software but they said my IE browser was too old. Several sites have been disliking the older version of IE but I knew it would take a major block of time to update.
3) Decided to bite the bullet and deal with the IE. On my dial-up connection, it took 55 minutes to download the initial file, then another hour to download a bunch of updates (?!) and install. :(

By that time, I had to rush to s2s and go for normal long day working at the library.

All of the computer stuff was prep steps for upgrading to high-speed internet. Unfortunately, the newer browser has messed up my Email program. I'll be a bit out of touch with the sewing group until I finish the upgrade.

Next up is to take care of the anti-virus program. But first, I need breakfast and especially coffee!

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:55 am

3. Move and unpack two boxes from kitchen to den - DONE
Took KIC's #4. Move utensils from MH to Kitchen - IN PROCESS
6. Wash Clothes - IN PROCESS
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:11 am

Okay, breakfast is done and I've processed the mail from the past few days, gone over my to-do lists for today and yesterday and made up my chore bingo list. I'm actually at 7 items.

4. Clean Bathrooms PENDING
6. Vacuum Main floor PENDING

Since two numbers have been shouted out to me, I'll go do those two and then come back for more.

There are roofers down the street and dh asked them to drop by and give us a quote on doing the shed. One side has ruined shingles (the sun side) but the other side is fine. You can't see both sides simultaneously except from the tower so we were ok with only doing one side with leftover shingles. I had $200 in mind (no reason, just picked a number) but it turns out it will cost $500. I did some online research and came up with at least $150 for the shingles (one bundle won't do one side, it needs 5) and the labour seems really high to me but dh said to go ahead. I tried negotiating a lower price but no luck. The guy needed an answer because he doesn't have 5 bundles leftover from the job down the street so had to go pick them up so his crew can start here when they finish there.

We don't have $500 worth of stuff in the shed so if the roof leaks, no big deal. Except it will cause the shed to rot and it is worth well over $2K (dh did a great job building it and it is HUGE) so we need to protect the asset of the shed, not the contents!

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:38 am

1. Switch phones - IN PROCESS
4. Utensils, canned goods and bowls from MH to kit - IN PROCESS
6. Wash clothes - IN PROCESS
7. Papers from MH to den - DONE

DH back from breakfast and I need a little break - so I'm taking 15. As soon as the phones are switched - I will put the canned goods away and log them into the "MY PANTRY" app. That way I know just what is in the cupboard.
― C.S. Lewis

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:54 am

bittersweet, I bet you've already gotten started, but I pick number 7 for you!!!

I'm on overwhelm today with dr's calls - just got off the phone with one. If I can catch up I'll see you later!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:33 pm

Progress. I was slow on the vacuuming because a phone call interrupted me. Made up time on the bathrooms.

4. Clean Bathrooms Done!
5. Polish Main floor furniture PENDING
6. Vacuum Main floor Done!

I'll start in on #5 while waiting for my next number!

OKay

Postby OKay » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:42 pm

****CHEERING**** for the success of Chore Bingo efforts.

Today's goal is getting routinely SHE cards caught back up, with emphasizes on paperwork & focus area deep cleaned. I'll grab the next 5 cards and play along

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:48 pm

Bingo Players, who has not completed 2? Two for tea, it takes Two to tango, Check off number 2! Tootles!

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:54 pm

1. Switch phones - DONE
    4. Utensils, canned goods and bowls from MH to kit - DONE
    5. Wash Dishes - DONE
    6. Wash clothes - DONE
    7. Papers from MH to den - DONE
    9. Write letter - IN PROGRESS
    10. Blog - Next up

Do the last 2 on your list. Either 4 and 5 or 9 and 10.

TTFN
― C.S. Lewis

Return to “Post When You Can”