Get a Move On Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Cowinkie

Re: Get a Move On Thursday

Postby Cowinkie » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:35 pm

Zipping through waving to y'all.

Glad to hear about Indiana. Thanks MT

Harriet....found your cotton socks in colors 100% cotton ...Amazon.com cottonique socks 3 pair for $9.99 :D

Nitters to y'all.................
Live boldly, take risk, no regrets...Jillian Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:13 pm

Twins: my old light doesn't have a timer but I've taken my magnetic kitchen timer and attached it. I set it to 20 minutes but usually end up under the light longer. One day I got distracted and it was an hour!

I finished the next 'church library' book I'll review for the church newsletter. The next one on the list is 300 pages and much denser topic but very current. Not sure I'll finish it before the newsletter deadline, but I hope to.

Dh and I watched Big Bang Theory, I started the dishwasher, we had a snack, I added those dishes to the dishwasher and have taken the load of laundry upstairs to hang to dry. Came back to my computer to find this week's episode of Two Broke Girls online since I missed it when it broadcast. I'll watch that while hanging up the clothes and doing the ironing.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:06 am

Yikes, I just lost a post and don't have time to redo it. The owners left the house crusty. The double ovens and microwave are nasty dirty. The baseboards and several inches of the perimeter of the floor, carpet, etc. is really dusty. In the master bedroom walkin closets, around the doorjams on the beige carpet, it is grey from dust. The house was built in 99 and I seriously don't think anyone ever cleaned that area. We have our work cut out for us. They have the majority moved but still have straggler stuff. We all know that it the killer stuff in a move, so that will be taken care of tomorrow. The kitchen needs a really good cleaning before we can even think of unpacking. Anyway, I better head to bed because I have to be out of here early in the morning to get started again.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:47 am

wow - look at all you village people did.

lilac - I'm sorry the new house is in such a state. gosh. not a nice surprise. oh being invilved with 2 steps of the chain of moving really is double the load. well - tripple the load as I doubt you would leave your old place in such a state.

burning a candle today. esp for lives lost in afganistan. connections from school, town, community. prayers for peace. for all to be safe at home - on all sides.

If I can get my dishes caught up - thats my next project.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:57 am

I was attacked by a migraine at 7. Lying in bed, at one point I called ds on the phone to call back here to give message to come check on me. Otherwise, the movement or shout would have had me vomit, I thought. Now in the groggy, heavy-headed stage, I have a vision of myself as a cave-woman with slack expression and neglectful posture. I need to regain my poise, so I will CUOP and let you ladies remind me of advanced behavior. I certainly hope you were all as charming and intelligent as usual while I was gone.

Oh, there is Lynlee, who has been socially aware and prayerful. See, good examples will bring me back.

Return to “Post When You Can”