Get a Move On Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lilac

Get a Move On Thursday

Postby Lilac » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:05 am

The holidays are fast approaching. Join me in taking a baby step towards getting ready.

Lilac

Re: Get a Move On Thursday

Postby Lilac » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:13 am

No time to cuop. The movers show up at 8:00 am. Dd2 and her dh close at 9. I will need to be at their house ahead of 8. Dd2 probably had to pull an all-nighter to get ready. I came home at 6:30 last night so I could eat supper and watch the CMA's. Hopefully this move will stay fresh in her mind for years to come and she won't want to move again. Dd1 went over last night to wrangle the 2 little ones so she could pack. I really think that the movers will be done today but we will see. I sure hope to be able to post this evening that they are moved and then the fun of unpacking begins.

Better go. I hope you each have a great day!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:32 am

Okay, Lilac, I just need to get a move on this morning! I worked until a little past eight last night - thought I could finish the return but still more to go and a couple of questions to take back to client this morning.

Dh got home from trip yesterday so life is back to what passes for normal here.

Kathryn, I ordered a SAD light from Amazon and used it for first time this morning. The model I got is this :

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000W8 ... 00_details

I hope I can get some motivation going, and get my appetite settled down, too!

I'm lovin' HRH's sense of humor. Funny man, he is!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:37 am

Have a great day, Lilac!

Well... :oops: :oops: obviously, after only two days, I'm back at the computer BEFORE s2s. * sigh * I'm sorry. I just awoke feeling all puffy (too many Triscuits & too much Halloween candy last night) and stuffy (maybe that vacuum cleaner IS spewing dog dander into my house.)

The stuffy part is what really bothers me. I'm going to call S*ears today -- the 800 # for warranty -- and see what is involved w/getting it cleaned, refurbished, or whatever they want to call it.

Off to the shower. Maybe that will open up my head a little.

Good morning, Twins! LOL -- life is back to what passes for normal here. :lol: IKWYM!
Tomorrow is another day.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:39 am

hugs prayers for all here in the village

today I went to the beach - dd and family took an apt for a few nights and I came down to visit with them. We had a "family outing" kids with wheely things so much smaller than bikes. A few blocks down the footpaths. back was via the beach and down a bit further. Wheely things were carried by the parents. Played uno. DD and I walked the few blocks down to get dinner eaten on balcony with moon glistening on the ocean. It was great to see them.
home to do pet duty .
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:43 am

I'm ready for chore bingo again. I have a list from 1 to 10. Someone give me a number, please.

DH is going out to breakfast with "the boys" this morning so we are up early.

Next up for me is S2crocs and breakfast and meds.

Will check back after that for my first assignment.
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:49 am

Three! Go MT! Go MT!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:57 am

I'm rarin' to go -but don't know where! :D I'm s2s, meds & breakfast done, bed made, a LOL twirling in machine #1. Thought we were going to breakfast with DBIL/DSIL but when I called DBIL had gone to an estate sale. Fine by me -I just had to get eating SOMETHING!

DH and I are going for a walk shortly. Want to get the clothes in the dryer first though.

Still waiting for 'word' on my prescription orders. Know 'something' is happening on that end because the order from early November that they said could not be processed because of insurance not covering (NOT) has disappeared. My glipizide however -I still see nothing about that. Do have the name of the supervisor/number too, so will wait another day to see something about both/either. I am so hopeful some of this will be eliminated when we go to 1 ID number for both medical and prescription insurance January 1. :roll:

Continuing to pray for Indiana -that a good help for her will be found and soon!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:09 am

Twins: The price on your light is the best I've seen. This is the new model of my GoLITE

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-goLITE-BL ... 81-5030348

I paid over $400 for my big one and closer to $200 for GoLITE. I certainly think they are worth it because they work for me and just bought the smaller one because the big one takes up so much room and is so ugly. Plus I can travel with the small one so used it when I was in Copenhagen one November.

SAD light or not, I was in bed until 8:30 but SAD wasn't to blame, it was dh. And me a little bit. I had a diet coke in the evening and didn't turn off the light until almost 11 but was still a bit wired. Then dh couldn't get comfortable and so we kept having to change position (I was lying up against him in various ways because I wanted the skin contact time if I couldn't sleep.) At one point I moved away and then he started moaning but when I woke him to see what was the matter he said nothing. Finally at 1:30 he woke up enough to take an pain killer and went right off to sleep. His muscles were sore and once they relaxed, he could sleep. Except he woke me at 5 to get me to answer the phone (it wasn't ringing - he dreamed that.)

So, given my unrefreshing sleep, I lazed about in bed dozing on and off from 5:30 to 8:30 and chose to skip exercising.

I'm going out to lunch today so that will make staying on my WW program more difficult but I couldn't face spending the time on the treadmill when I have such a small amount of energy.

When I'm done my SAD light and breakfast, I'll join MT in chore bingo. In the meantime, someone can shout out a number for me to start at. Any number between 1 - 6.

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:15 am

Go for #3, MT!!

I'm thinkin' chore bingo is a fabulous idea...maybe it'll get me moving, too! I have a ton of things to get done, and only this morning to do them, since we're leaving shortly after lunch to go to dmum's. I've made a list of 10 things that I'd really like to see done today, so anyone who feels like picking a number....go for it! (After I've had my morning coffee, of course :P )

How cool is that? I took my time writing this short little post (yes, I got distracted putting the coffee on), and it popped up several posts before mine...including the one from Twins suggesting #3 for MT, too! 8-)

I'll choose #6 for Kathryn!
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Return to “Post When You Can”