Get a Move On Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Get a Move On Thursday

Postby Harriet » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:11 pm

gasp

Boy, Emptynester's tough! :lol: I'll wear my halo as the much nicer bingo caller ;) and just let you know what's been going on with me today between my brief waves hello.

My ddad's having a hard day and HRH is now home with me. Well, several sentences deleted there, because there is no reason to just be tedious in a post. The upshot of our situation now is that HRH is trying diversion, which sometimes works especially well for him, having a booming voice and being a new, cheery person. He is pretending to have errands and saying he would like company. So, after a lot of worry about whether he could neglect his worries here, my ddad has decided to ride along with him and the only real thing that will happen is that they will get a little drive-through food. The hope is that this will be diverting and possibly tiring and either this will serve as a re-set or a nap will.

While they are gone I will start the washer for the first time today, and get to the Morning Dailies. That's all I can hope while they are gone, but if things are better later I may see you.

Continuing to listen for one more call from a dr office.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:40 pm

Chore bingo EN #8; #3 for any that have not done that one!
Harriet glad you are getting break.
Made a bit of holiday progress last weekend and yesterday yea
more coming tomorrow when we go to the store getting food for turkey dinner.

I am nearly done with my weekly stuff this week except for Vacuuming the basement thinking I can wait until it's cold rain/snow in forecast this weekend. So I'm moving that card.

I'm up bs is acceptable today s2s x
coffee is done
drink water vits. meds x
I have a meal plan for us is left over chili yum!
56* is the high temp. in our forecast and I've got the leaf rakes out and ready for when it
warmed up a bit to do that.

Then OMM Blogs, call cable co. as they have changed some thing I need to get the codes or whatever so my main email will work. The yahoo one is okay but slow or having a glitch this morning, the one I use off line to type with then send later is not =( bummer b/c that's my main one. I got sucked in to cyber space looking up a quote I read in simple abundance book for foot pampering card about doing a spa week or spa tray pampering basket ideas. I guess I'll need to get the actual book again as I can't find that quote. But I did find the one below. :arrow: My mind is busy today. I've been thinking of some things like for job resume's at some point will need to consider getting mine updated from dil's blog got this q. What are my specific core strengths? so I'm pondering that. Ex. is next up. Got some mojo for that read on! :idea: TFD
"For just as strolling, walking, and running are physical exercises, so spiritual exercises are methods of preparing and disposing the soul to free itself from all inordinate attachments, and after accomplishing this, of seeking and discovering the Divine Will regarding the disposition of one's life, thus insuring the salvation of his soul." St. Ignatius of Loyola
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:43 pm

I didn't know when I would get back so that is why I called two numbers. I'm sorry - I should have explained before.

Anyway - CI time:

1. Switch phones - DONE
    2. Take some stuff to MH - IN PROGRESS
    3. Move and unpack two boxes from kitchen to den - DONE
    4. Utensils, canned goods and bowls from MH to kit - DONE
    5. Wash Dishes - DONE
    6. Wash clothes - DONE
    7. Papers from MH to den - DONE
    8. Unpack wastebaskets and put away contents - IN PROGRESS
    9. Write letter - DONE
    10. Blog - DONE
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:13 pm

I've lost two posts....Firefox has been crashing and I switched to IE. I had trouble paying a bill online and for some reason I can't stay logged in for very long here, so lost a post because I took too long to hit submit. Ack!!!

((Harriet)), you sure have your hands full nowadays!
Lilac, I wish you luch with yours and dd's moving!
MT, you've done great with your moving and unpacking.

What a great day here in the Village. I see lots of scurrying around and getting lots done. May I play along???? I have at least 5 things on my must do list I'd like to at least get started on.

It's a nice autumn day here = 71* and bright sun.

Lunch is done, better get going again.....
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

OKay

Postby OKay » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:17 pm

OH WOW! Chore Bingo has been an success today for many.

Chore bingo done -
1. Limbs gathered/Fire pit filled/burned
2. LOL folded/hung and put away
3. LOL to dryer (sheets from our bed)
4. Beds remade with fresh sheets
4. Peppers washed & sorted

64 = completed SHE cards

Sunny - YGG! Your next Chore Bingo = #2

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:49 pm

I'm back to play some more. I see that while I was gone, someone sent me off to do #2:

2. Clean Basement windows and dust blinds PENDING
4. Clean Bathrooms Done!
5. Polish Main floor furniture Done!
6. Vacuum Main floor Done!

I had to stop playing chore bingo to do an anthem practice with our musician (she came to us since dh is playing the guitar for the anthem on Sunday.) Then I took her out to lunch at the pub. Dh stayed home so he could keep an eye on the shingling, which was more of a job than we anticipated (they have to redo the cap as well, we hadn't thought of that.) Two guys are still working on that. Almost all the shingles are gone from the driveway so I'm assuming they are almost done.

I need a nap but will do #2 first and then see how I feel.

sherinjoy

Postby sherinjoy » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:55 pm

You all are so energetic today! I'm doing desk work, which feels so slow compared to you all speed demons flying through your chores.

When I finish this next round of phone calls and paperwork, I'll pick something physical and energizing. In a Southern accent "Lord knows there is plenty of those jobs to do round here".

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:07 pm

1. Dust basement fully, including for cobwebs PENDING
2. Clean Basement windows and dust blinds Done!
4. Clean Bathrooms Done!
5. Polish Main floor furniture Done!
6. Vacuum Main floor Done!

7. Vacuum Basement PENDING

Ok, compare to the polishing the main floor furniture, that job was a snap, which makes me wonder why I've been avoiding it for months and months and months.

I've already done 6, so I can't do the last two, so I'll do #1 and #7. Both of those are in the basement so I'll keep rolling down there.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:22 pm

Also requested to be placed on the list to be informed when the GPS shoe finally comes out. Some places say Dec others saying they definitely won't make it by then either and will still put it off until sometime in 2012. Still no word where they could be purchased, or if it would all be mail-order/online, which I don't think will work well because of fitting. CNN ran yet another story on them today and again gave the website insisting they can be purchased (last time they did this on television and said "next week") but on the very website they send you to, it specifically says no, you can't. You would think they would read first. At least they did get me to the list offer today, which I would have missed.

Twins Mom and others with puppies who get upset with storms, I saw an article on helping dogs through thunderstorms and read intently. But a lot of the info was not really helpful. I was interested to see the idea of a special place in the basement a dog could go, because the lower the level the better the dog will feel relating to barometric pressure and static electricity. Also there is a new product for dogs who will put up with it, "Calming Cap", that actually blocks vision. That worried me a little for the dog's eyesight to be in the hands of potentially forgetful owners, but for some dogs they say it is a blessing.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:56 pm

CI

1. Pay Bills online, write checks - in progress (before 5 pm)
2. Clean up desk top - done

Have to attach the laptop to the printer.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Return to “Post When You Can”