Get a Move On Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Get a Move On Thursday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:19 pm

More progress:

1. Dust basement fully, including for cobwebs Done!
2. Clean Basement windows and dust blinds Done!

3. Vacuum and Dust Upstairs PENDING
4. Clean Bathrooms Done!
5. Polish Main floor furniture Done!
6. Vacuum Main floor Done!
7. Vacuum Basement Done!

Plus, I got dh to fix the door bell. Turns out it was a loose wire. The shingles are on the shed roof now too and the men paid. Turns out they had to take the old ones off (too curled to shingle over) and so the price included removal and clean up which makes the price we paid fair in my mind.

Dh wants to go for a walk so we'll head out now. It is pretty grey out and will be almost dark when we get home but at least it will be some exercise for me since I had a terribly unhealthy and high calorie/fat lunch today.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:29 pm

CI

1. Pay Bills online, write checks - in progress (before 5 pm) -- done, papers filed.
2. Clean up desk top - done3.

Have to attach the laptop to the printer. -- done, papers filed.

I love the motivation.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:15 pm

Sunny: has anyone told you to do #4 yet?

I'm back from the walk with dh. The sunset was pretty but we didn't see it fully because of houses blocking the view. We were going to walk home through the fields but the sun was down by then so there was no point.

I'm going to skip dinner tonight because I'm still full from lunch and dh will have a chicken pot pie from the freezer. I'll have a bowl of cereal and a salad.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:17 pm

I don't think so, but here I go...... :arrow:

CI

1. Pay Bills online, write checks - in progress (before 5 pm) -- done, papers filed.2. Clean up desk top - done.
4. Empty/put away contents of box pulled from hall closet. - In progress

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:07 pm

I have not gotten a move on, I am tired. One good thing, my meeting at church tonight got cancelled. I am not going to art class so I can get to bed early. I will try to remember to get the pumpkins off the porch and run a load of laundry. I am still going through documents today and falling asleep. I will eat up my leftovers tonight and try to do something useful.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:24 pm

CI again...

1. Pay Bills online, write checks - in progress (before 5 pm) -- done, papers filed.
2. Clean up desk top - done.
3. Dining room table cleared off, write a note to ddil#3 to mail tomorrow. -- In progress
4. Empty/put away contents of box pulled from hall closet. -- done. Most of it was crafts or scraps of material.

Dinner is over, kitchen cleaned up. Also got a wash basket emptied and put away. Brought in the mail delivered today. It's dark here now so I locked up the door and closed the blinds/drapes for the night. Threw away junk mail.

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:55 pm

I pooped out this afternoon. After lunch I covered up with my blankie and took a nap in my big chair.

DH is peeling potatoes for potato soup. I will add the celery and onion while cooking and spinach and cheese before eating.

While that is cooking, I'm going to empty one more waste basket. When I ran out of boxes, I packed things in any container I could find.

Congrats to all that was done today.

See you in the morning.
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:01 pm

It was a very productive day, wasn't it?!

I finished my bingo, after supper (dusted while dh's supper was cooking and then vacuumed after dinner.) I've put away my cleaning tools, crossed the items off my to-do lists, started a load of laundry and tidied up the kitchen. Will start the dishwasher now.

There's a timer on to remind us to watch Big Bang Theory.

I'm going to read until it goes off.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:26 pm

Well, I got done what I really wanted to today. Leftover #5 was to put away some sewing stuff neatly so it will be ready for the next time. That can be done tomorrow after weeklies are done.

2. Clean up desk top - done.
3. Dining room table cleared off, write a note to ddil#3 to mail tomorrow. -- done.
4. Empty/put away contents of box pulled from hall closet. -- done. Most of it was crafts or scraps of material.
5. Put away sewing stuff neatly... tomorrow.

Dinner is over, kitchen cleaned up. Also got a wash basket emptied and put away. Brought in the mail delivered today. It's dark here now so I locked up the door and closed the blinds/drapes for the night. Threw away junk mail.

I think I will take it easy for the rest of the evening. We have to be out and about tomorrow for a few errands.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:41 pm

Wow! A lot of activity here today!

I finished the two Exempt org returns today, which means they go to the reviewer...we may end up extending as they are due on Tuesday and we don't like to get returns to the client on the last day generally. But....I am going to work tomorrow also, as I have a small return due on Tuesday that I'd like to get through. It's kind of languished behind the more complicated returns. So I'll be working again tomorrow.

The really exciting news is that while I was at work late getting my time recorded, I did a quick summary of the hours I've worked this year, and I can pretty much take the rest of the year off 'cause I'm only 17 hours away from my "target" hours. And I have tomorrow and Monday to work, and then three days of 8 hours CPE scheduled for the rest of the year. Will talk to managing tax partner next week about it. Working 700 hours in the first four months of the year really paid off. And after the November 15 deadline, there isn't much happening until January, anyway. This makes me soooooo happy! :D

Kathryn, I'm glad I did okay with the light. The ratings were pretty good and for the price I was willing to try it. I used it for 45 minutes this morning but got up now and then from the kitchen counter and the computer to do other things, so I'm figuring at got at least 30 minutes in. I love the timer on it.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”