Remembrance Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
OKay

Re: Remembrance Friday

Postby OKay » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:38 pm

I've lost track of when I last posted. today has been full. Visit to DParents went well - DDad is doing better today.

Lunch was chili & beans with cheese topping. MMMMmmmmhhh! Seriously good!

When LO laid down for his nap, I started working on his toy corner and bookcase in the living room. >>>>> Fast forward 2 hours later >>>> It looks so good now. Everything has been sorted, organized and neatly stored.

DSon called and and and and and and .........looking around for MT's BONK'er........... :D .I volunteered to keep DGD10 months old for a couple weeks next month. :shock: It isn't 100% locked in, but plans are in the making for DS/DDIL to take DGS5 on a mini tour of Europe. DSon leaves in the morning for a week in the Netherlands. I think by the time he returns home, the potential trip plans for December will be firmed up...or scratched off the calendar. HUM....December could be a very VERY busy month....DBro & DDad in extremely poor health situations, 2 day trial, 2 weeks of 10month old & 3 year old care, mixed in with the normal Christmas activities.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:39 pm

Back from town it was busy as no school here today, had h. drop me off at the corner and I
did a short walk after putting the cold food away ~ h. "helped" I had to move some of it he put the stuff for turkey day in the wrong spot, I put it in the pantry where I wanted it so all is good now. Not so many errands here this week for me.

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:30 pm

Indiana Update: Hospital release moved to Tuesday. Will keep you updated.

Raked our yard (sand) and trimmed some of the agave until my back yelled at me. We have to get a better (longer) saw blade.

Got the cupboards all re-arranged and then brought in some more staples from the MH. Now sure how I'm going to combine them.

Tomorrow is the park wide garage sale so I'm going out looking for furniture. Also part of my big order of linens etc is supposed to be delivered. :D

Time to go get the kitchen in MM after eating dinner.
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:40 pm

:cry: Sorry to hear Indiana's not coming home this weekend, but glad to know she's where she can be helped the most. Just want her well and posting again.

We went out to dinner. Dd and I had bought some certificates online but I couldn't get my printer running. DD finally got hers printed. So we'll just keep working on mine.

DH & DD are trying to get me to play euchre tomorrow. I'm terrible at it and really don't enjoy it. Have a feeling tomorrow may be a very long day. :? Hoping they've found 1 more person to play so I don't have to.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:06 pm

Long day here and nothing got done!

Ds showed up while I was making my tea. He woke up at 11, felt he had enough sleep for a day off, did some things, came up to his room to get dressed and it was 8:20! Turns out the clock said 11 11 11 07.... which he read as November 11, 11:07. He tried reading for a while but was bored so was out to my place by 9:45. He had to wait until I did my light therapy, ate breakfast and dried my hair and then I joined him on his border run.

We drove down to NY state and shopped at Price Chopper and Walmart. I had taken the flyers with me so I knew what things cost here and only bought the well priced things. I had to get Christmas lights and the sets I chose were $7 here, $3 there. I got chicken thighs for $0.88/pound (a deep sale here is now $1.49/pound) and the milk was only $3.19 a gallon instead of $4.19. With the dollar at par, I saved my bridge toll plus a bit and had a lovely day with ds. He saved even more, $15 on the fill up of gas, plus chicken thighs at 2/3 the price of home (he could have saved half but didn't want to buy another family pack because he doesn't like meat that has been frozen and can't eat that many on his own.)

We left at 11 and were home by 4 (stopping along the way to get the rest of the groceries I needed that were the same price here.)

I had started ribs in the crock pot so we watched Cars2 (which I had bought down there, saving $3 over the price here), had dinner and then headed over to the church to set up for the wedding luncheon tomorrow. It was nice to have ds since we had heavy tables to move.

Dh is cooking bacon for 20 now (men's breakfast tomorrow) and so I'll start cutting up the veggies for the trays.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:18 am

(((Be better Harriet))) - I definately have less migraine without cocoa or chocolate. Antihistamine - nondrowsy - with paracetamol/tyronell helps me recover too if there allergy involved. Or really I don't know why it helps. Inflamation? it feels like.
((((Indiana)))) Prayers she gets good and fit to come home more like her normal self.
(((Dee and famly))) prayers for the changes happening there. will keep dgd in my prayers.
(((OKay))) 2 weeks wow. theres a different time coming for you too. LO will be a help. I mean it.

waving from saturday

Last night I got dishes done. it took all of 15 min, then a quick catch up of dinner things after I ate.
Today theres washing on the line. Went to a Renegade F armers Market.
The official market moved back to its previous site at the B ig P ineapple - closed for yonks - bought and sold and bought again by people who want the farmers market there. Nothing else is open there. In the mean time we'd gotten used to the easy parking and flat /level ground at a Christian C hurch S chool complex. Last week I went to the Big P ineapple - found out some traders were staying put - so went there where the parking is easy - and theres room to move.
Next time I'll take more money - and shop less in the stores. fish and meat vans are still there - and lots with varying veg. and bananas. I'll miss the apple and pear growers who sell unwaxed fruit. And the asian veg growers (I get herbs for guineapig mostly).... but bought nice pears anyway much cheaper. .. perhaps I felt for the traders still there with few customers. extras bought were flowers (carnations), mushrooms, shallots. They need there own publicity machine working as move back has been really pushed in the paper. some seemed discounted - I was there late - snow peas came free.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”