Remembrance Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: Remembrance Friday

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:40 pm

I'm awake (barely), why am I so tired? Last night I did not eat the leftovers and tonight I am eating at a friend's so they probably need to be tossed. I did not do a LOL either, but did remove the pumpkins. My house is seriously cold and I do need to buy some form of window treatment. I put away a few things from the boxes that XDH delivered last week and did my exercise bike. I had hoped the bike would give me energy, but maybe it takes more than 5 minutes. Five min is good for my knee which is not hurting at all now. Tomorrow I have DD9 and one of our activities is to take 2 cats to the vet. Not so much fun, but must get done. The two that need to go are the two that are arguing right now. Maybe by giving them a common enemy they will get along again. The oldest, 17, a longhair, gets more energized in the winter and plays more and argues more. I will try to get to bed early again today. Is the time change still affecting me?

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:04 pm

Indiana update:

Due to some minor complications (mostly a failure in communications) Indiana won't be going home today. But probably either Saturday or Sunday.

They are trying to get some BP, O2 and meds levels at better numbers.
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:15 pm

Emptynester, you check on things just enough, not too much, have an ideal "feel" for when to let us know, too. You're a sharp decision-maker. Thanks.

Elizabeth, if you've had less sleep than adequate at any time you can feel the effects of it. Some say we never really "catch up". Interestingly, dd13 slept 12 hours last night - I mean really slept as in Zonked with a capitol Z. Our bodies nag. My ddad preaches the virtues of naps.

We had the Turner Classic Movies on this morning - inspiring black-and-white WWI era.

Off to handle the 3rd load of laundry, now needing Downy.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:34 pm

Pretty sunsets w/ western theme music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxEO_W5q ... er&list=UL

32*-57* today's temp. range. Hubby had the flu in the night so he's resting this morning.
I was on the net quite a bit yesterday got my e-mail to send so that's good news.
Found some info. and got a couple things going that I've been thinking about for a while but just did not get to. Plus I did some research, got a couple e-mails sent off that felt great.

Last night dgson did better in the concert than we anticipated, it was the first patritic one we've seen that the school did we've been going to these for a while because the older ones were in it before.

BS was up a bit this morning so I took meds. Looks like lunch date / errands are off today 'till h. is better may skip the bday thing tomorrow too time will tell. There is a veterans day parade today we do not usually attend anyway.

OMM: Get Well basket: chicken soup

Banks and PO closed but I can still send e-mails.
Saved h. a trip today when I mentioned that.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:58 pm

Definitely cool here today -I'm just about freezing.

Spent a bunch of time on the phone with our credit card people. Had to replace my card as someone had tried to use it last night from Y a h o o & a p p l e -no accounts with either. Not terribly convenient but safe.

Have to get a lol out & folded so off to do that.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:18 pm

Finished off the 4th load of laundry of just a bath mat. Very happy with Mt. Washmore duties today, if still not completely done with Mt. Washmore! Dd13 has concentrated on deeper cleaning her room today and when she emerges she may have more laundry on her mind, but I won't worry about that.

I got my ddad to take about a 1/4 mile walk. He said he felt cold, though. I'm going to have to remember to watch the outdoor temp and try to get him out at the very warmest moment. This was 3:30 and I wish I'd nagged him earlier.

Swept and mopped the kitchen floor and all that entails - consolidated and put away pet foods of 4 descriptions that HRH had bought, neatened and cleaned kitty dishes, cleaned the bottom of the counter stool. Need to vacuum the doormat before considering that floor done. I beat it a bit outside but its surface holds onto everything and needs the vacuum.

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:38 pm

I ended up doing prezackly nothing earlier! :oops: Actually, I'd only had about four hours sleep then, so decided to head back to bed before I fell asleep at the computer. DH had turned on the electric blanket, and I think I lasted maybe 30 seconds before crashing until shortly after noon. Then I headed out to do a quick errand, pick up some lunch at Mcd's, and now I'm going to get myself in gear. This is my last day to get any work done before heading back to the puppy prison tomorrow.

So....I'll do the #4 and #2 that were suggested earlier....then anyone who feels like tossing out a number can feel free. :P

2. Clean bathroom - PENDING
4. Vacuum living room - PENDING
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:14 pm

Bittersweet, 1, please!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:16 pm

I had some good news: I googled the refrigerator noises I was hearing last night (and other nights) and found them listed under normal for defrost cycle. Dinner tonight is at a friend's and though others were invited, it is going to be her, XDH, her son, our daughter, and me. I am reworking a document STILL. It is the bane of my existence. Tonight I have got to try to remember LOL and some more boxed stuff put away. I need to finish working on DD's stuffed Bug-A-Boo for Christmas, but the sewing room is covered in boxes.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:29 pm

That is good news Elizabeth. Now you won't have to worry.

I'm still irrationally happy with the good news that I can take a lot of time off between now and the beginning of the year - didn't get to talk to tax partner today about it but will soon. So next week will work Monday only, and then Atlanta continuing education on Tuesday and off the rest of the week.

Kathryn, it's hard to tell if there's a placebo effect here or the light makes a difference quickly. Today is the first day in I-don't-know-when that I've been able to eat sensibly. I have sushi for supper tonight. Energy level is pretty good, although I blew off going to services tonight. (I have worked late the last two nights, and worked every day this week and just felt I needed to go home.)

I am thinking of hosting Thanksgiving here if our ATL friends will come up, or perhaps we'll go there? I'm also considering having some kind of dinner or reception or perhaps brunch as a choir appreciation event for the temple. I am certainly sounding brave these days.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”