Sunsational Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lilac

Sunsational Saturday

Postby Lilac » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:35 am

I wish all my dear friends here in the village a sunny, happy November day!

Lilac

Re: Sunsational Saturday

Postby Lilac » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:51 am

I came home last night about 8:30. I cuop, but was too tired to post.

The movers are done but there is still odd and end stuff at the other house. Mainly wall stuff and decorative items. I finally have the kitchen clean enough to unpack but I had no more energy. I told dd2 if she were to get a 2nd wind to go for it.

Dm will be here around noon. I need to clean both bathrooms, do dishes and catch up on laundry. She is bringing some of her laundry because she didn't have time to do it before she came. She was out of town 3 days this week for dr. appt and then worked 2 days. All I can say is I am so thankful she is coming. Dgd6 months has been so good this week but she needs someone to devote more time to her than just to feed and change her. The mover commented what a good baby she is and he doesn't even like kids. He didn't want kids and they ended up with 2. He says he doesn't want grandchildren either. Each to his own.

I asked the mover to move us. Mainly he will just need to move the heaviest of the furniture. I plan to move as much as I can by myself the next few weeks. Of course, the place needs cleaned really good before I can start. The appraiser comes on Tuesday. It looks like we will make the Dec. 1 closing date.

Dh plans to do some painting, etc. around here since it is to be nice this weekend. We want to paint ceilings over there before we move. I imagine that will happen on Thanksgiving weekend, since he'll have 4 days off. Also, the carpets need cleaned and I want to have the ductwork and dryer vent professionally cleaned. The carpet guys also do that.

Guess I better go. Maybe dh will get up so I can get to work.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:55 am

We'll have to make our own sunshine here. It is a grey November day.

I forgot to tell you a story from yesterday. Ds and I were crossing the bridge to Canada and just as we got to the top and started down to the Canadian shore, it started snowing hard. We both laughed at how this would reinforce any Southern state American's stereotype of Canada!

I'm up and moving slowly. Ds introduced me to Lindsey Stirling's violin music yesterday so I'll capture some of that for my exercise routine. Search for her videos on YouTube if you like upbeat, slightly rocking, violin.

I'm under my SAD light, letting my nails dry. No chocolate for me this morning, I'll have a bad day for eating so that's one point I can skip.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:59 am

Good morning Kathryn! I decided to reset my time here and I am still here, instead of hitting it.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:04 am

Ah, supposed to be sunny here as well, Lilac. Also, I'm sitting in front of the SAD light right now. DDogs were up around six, I went back to bed for a little while but then got on up.

I've read the paper and will fix up some breakfast as soon as this light is done - about 15 minutes. Today I'm stamping with dfriends and tonight I think dh and I are going out for a jazz event.

Need to do this morning:
-fold some laundry
-a.m. routine
-pack up some stamping supplies
-clean out my car, as I may need to drive some of us stampers out to lunch
-throw some tennis b-a-l-l-s for ddogs
-drop off return at post office
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:05 am

So my last post sat while I finished up the SAD light and fixed and ate breakfast.

Now.....
-clear kitchen counters
-empty dishwasher
-meds/vitamins me + ddogs
-pack up return to go to post office, just need to seal the box and get the label on
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:31 am

And again....
-fold two loads of laundry
-gather up stamping stuff to take today

I'd like to be out of here by 9:30

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:15 am

I'll have to make my own sunshine here today, too, as we have white stuff falling and a weather warning in effect :roll: The driving should be fun on the way to work, as this is the first snowfall of the season, and all the drivers will have forgotten what it is!

I weighed in this morning (NOT good!), and even remembered to check my blood sugar (not good, but could have been worse). As of today, we're down to 8hrs 50mins between sunrise and sunset (7:53am - 4:43pm), so outside exercise during the "day" is only going to be happening on my days off now.

DH just got home from work, DS just got up, so I guess I'd better get myself off this chair and do a few things before heading out. DH says the roads aren't bad, but aren't great, so to allow a little extra time for the morning drive today.

And, of course, I must allow the usual time for forgetting to hit submit! :oops: The critters are all cared for, I'm dressed, and I think I'll have a bit more coffee before heading out the door.
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

OKay

Postby OKay » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:17 am

Good Morning!

Thinking of (((((Indiana))))) in the hospital and looking forward to her return. THANK YOU MT letting us know how she is doing.

PODA -

• GW items dropped off (2 large 50 gallon bags of clothes and PC monitor)
• DGS16 & girl friend needs. Loooong story.......
• 1st thanksgiving event is today = Yearly Girls luncheon at DCousin. I'm taking 3 side dishes (deviled eggs, stuffed jalapeno peppers, fresh salsa). Remembering to take SLR camera

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:23 am

And, of course, I must allow the usual time for forgetting to hit submit! - bittersweet

:lol:

Yes, all best Get-Well Wishes and prayers for Indiana.

Twins Mom, you are doing so well! I believe you owe us something... ...

Lynlee, you are right that there may have been an allergy component to the headache - it had been a very stressful day but who knows if that was all. Maybe I would have responded better to something like a Tylenol Sinus pill. Sometimes I wish we had a sign pop up on our heads - "this headache was caused by... ..." That would help. :)

I have vacuumed the dining room in response to my ddad's amazing crumb distribution from late evening until after breakfast. I'm not usually that persnickety, but he's amazing with so many cookies eaten lately and the mice are monitoring. Then I went ahead and emptied the vacuum thing-that-is-not-a-bag. (What do you call that?) I expect dd to want to use it for her room today, so it will be ready. Morning Daily Card is done. Morning routine for my ddad is done and I've had water.

I guess you can tell that the "protein breakfast 30 minutes after rising" concept is not flying for me. It's after 10 and nothing in my tummy but a pint of water. Sometimes I really do seem to do better like this, though. I recognize that I may eat a lot at a later (brunch or lunch) meal, but my total calories seem to stay just as low or lower. In a way, I may be buttressing against the coming onslaught of a Saturday family deciding on poor meal choices the rest of the day.

Yes, Kathryn's ds, I, at least, am certainly aware that as a Canadian car approaches the Canadian border headed home, the Canadian clouds sense it and begin the Canadian snow right at its crossing, as a welcome-home to the completely different Canadian climate on the other side. I can only imagine what a comfort it must be to you. (ducking and running)

Return to “Post When You Can”