Sunsational Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Sadie

Re: Sunsational Saturday

Postby Sadie » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:35 am

Good Morning Dear Ladies,

Just stopping by before getting ready for work.

Cloudy here with temp of 53.

Will have to check back on posts to read about Indiana. Prayers for her health being said.

One of our WM associates is on the final days of her journey. Has been battling pancreatic cancer for over a year. She is bed ridden and on hospice care. Some of the others are going over to see her but I just can't deal with that scene right now. Didn't know her too well but sending prayers for her.

Quick check on post and then off to work.

OKay

Postby OKay » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:39 pm

((((Sadie & coworkers)))))

Alrighty! Hair in hot curlers. Side dishes are ready to go. Need to call DGS16 and discuss final details before heading to girls luncheon.

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:41 pm

Morning y'all....

Cool and cloudy here too. Think its about 62 at the moment and we are expecting rain for tomorrow. I have a mountain of clothes to fold and a few loads to wash and dry. Don't mind it as I will work on it on and off during the day.

Just finished putting color on my hair, so need to wait a while until its done. While walking the dogs yesterday, I noticed a large amount of trash scattered on the outskirts of our community. Its been there for over two weeks and I am tired of looking at it. Think I will take Willis out later and pick the trash up. Good for the community and good exercise for me. I'll wear a pair of working gloves while doing it.

I am one of those people who usually eats as soon as I get up. During the week I'm up by 4:45. I fix the dog food, let Sadie out and start my breakfast. I usually eat eggs and turkey bacon or sausage. I'm one of those gals who is starving when I wake up...always have been. I can skip lunch or dinner, but never breakfast. Need to fuel my body to make it go...especially at this age :lol:

If the weather holds Sweetie and I will got to a car show tonight. Thinking of Norma and wondering how her trip went. Thanks again MT for letting us know about Indiana. Glad to know she is on the mend. Off to finish my hair. Then I will be looking Marvelous Darlin' :D Cya all later....

Morning Okay ....
Live boldly, take risk, no regrets...Jillian Michaels

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:34 pm

Brunch at 11:30 - Cowinkie will be relieved to hear ;) I had a three-egg omelet with tomato, bell pepper and onion fried in coconut oil and seasoned with iodized sea salt. HRH thought it smelled and looked so good he had me help him make one. The idea would be that this would keep me satisfied and not thinking about foods (certainly not sweets, breads, etc), for several hours, right OKay? We'll see. I know if I had had anything sweet tasting at all with a late breakfast I'd be craving more sweetness after I put the fork down. (I invoke these names because you ought to emulate those who are succeeding, right? :D )

Helped dd13 get a load of laundry spinning. If she needs to do more, I'll have to bring detergent from my ddad's house.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:50 pm

Hello!
Kind of slow start here this morning... I got our breakfast @ McDonald's b/c dh is really feeling pretty terrible. He has strained his shoulder in some mysterious way and cannot lift his left arm. It is really painful and I could tell last night he was considering going to the doctor with it, which for him is extremely rare. He's going to try to tough it out till Monday and hope he is seeing improvement by then. Actually, it was some better this morning, but he still cannot lift it even halfway to parallel with his shoulder. He's tried the heating pad, and is using a mentholatum (sp???) gel.

I need to s2s...

Need to grade papers...

HAVE To make snack mix for tomorrow -- dcousin's housewarming...

I don't think I ever posted yesterday. We spent a lot of our Veteran's Day holiday riding around in the forest. Then I took the SUV through the carwash, ran some errands for dmom & dmil, took the vacuum cleaner to Sears, and went to dparents' house to help dmom w/some filing.
Boy... a person with an accounting/banking background certainly is meticulous about filing. * sheesh *
Last night dh & I went to see the Adam Sadler movie, Jack and Jill. It is funny, but it's not going to win an Oscar or anything. ;)
Tomorrow is another day.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:11 pm

Just wanted to say "HI" and that I was thinking of everyone today. It's a nice autumn day here, temp is 73* now, but was a little chilly earlier. I see at least half the country is cloudy, so sending you all some of our sunshine!

I'm doing my usual Saturday things...laundry, swishing and swiping, carpet and floors swept and mopped, dusting furniture, etc. Almost done with everything now.

Dfam#1 will be here shortly; it will be nice to see dgkids since they weren't here last week.

Dh had a routine INR test yesterday, so we combined that with some errands to post office, groceries, S am's C lub for RX refills. We also stopped at cable company to return the cable's digital box. Getting just the 1 to 100 channels will save us $16.00 a month. We don't watch the upper channels very often so it won't hurt anything; we can always add it back later if we want.

Thinking of all who need ((hugs)) including Indiana... feel better and hurry home - we miss you! Harriet... hope your migraine ache and after effects are gone. Sadie... family and co-worker. OKay and Lucy... family members who are ill.

I still have a few things that need putting away. Have a good afternoon everyone!
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:47 pm

Lucylee: I don't want to alarm you and since I know this might, this is the meanest thing I can say to you (since you are a professional obsessor and I am merely a rookie) but are you sure it is a muscle strain? The left arm bit spooked me and it isn't as if your dh is living a stress-free life right now.

I've had an unbelievably long day but it was good.

I started the food prep at 8:45 and just got home at 3:30. We worked all but 20 minutes of that. The bride was beautiful, her husband, in his officer's dress uniform was stunningly handsome and the wedding went off with slight glitches all taken in good humour (the worst of it being a 30 minute late start due to the bride's vehicle getting a flat tire!) No one freaked or was rude, and we had lots of laughs. For us in the kitchen, it was a joy to cater a wedding instead of a funeral.

We left everything set up for the Asian dinner next week and I vacuumed so that's a task I won't have to do next week. I've set out the table coverings and have a plan for decorating the basement. Hopefully, we'll make it look beautiful and exotic. It looked pretty enough today but it was daytime so the awful fluorescent lights weren't glaring. I'm trying to think how to get enough light into the basement using light's plugged into the walls. I don't think it is possible but I'll think some more on that and perhaps experiment on Thursday night.

Dh is probably going to take me out for supper tonight. I'm just going to declare today a lost cause (I had two pieces of wedding cake along with fancy sandwiches not full of low-fat fillings.) Tomorrow is another day.

LOL Harriet, yes, our Canadian clouds are very good at welcoming us home!

OKay

Postby OKay » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:20 pm

I marvel at how things turn out sometimes. I called DGS16 to discuss a few things and during our conversation (on the spur of the moment), I asked if his girl friend (GF) wanted to attend a family girl luncheon with me. She instantly said YES! It was good for both of us. I don't have anyone to attend with me (no daughter or grand daughter available) and GF is without her Mom this week. Like all of our family potluck dinners - we had enough food to feed twice (or 4 times) the amount of people attended. I encouraged GF to make up plates to take home for her. We kept encouraging her to take more and so she eventually filled several plates. She is alone for 8 days (LOOONNGG story) so now I feel better knowing she has plenty of good food to last her for several days.

I need to plan something to teach the little ones in the morning. Hummm......so many stories and songs to teach. The hardest part is deciding which to choose.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:00 pm

That sounds ideal, OKay. Smart for both of you. I can only tell you that I (and all of us) bonded with ds' first fiance and then we ALL had our hearts broken (no one's fault, of course) so just remind yourself, don't get too attached. It was hard for dd to understand that first fiance couldn't still hang out with her just as much, just because ds wouldn't be a part of it! And btw, I know you are much too savvy to listen to anybody's persuasive arguments about how she should stay at your house ANY night.

Enjoy your family gathering, Sunny.

Today had aspects that were no good very bad. Sigh. I keep falling into the same habits that HRH tells me to stop re: my ddad.

Got gasoline, groceries, school supplies.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:05 pm

I've been fighting with my e-mail trying to get it tweaked.
Got ex. done.
Lunch is done and kit. spiff.
bday gift is ready.

Return to “Post When You Can”