Sunsational Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Emptynester

Re: Sunsational Saturday

Postby Emptynester » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:15 pm

None of our stuff sold at the garage sale - but I got some great bargains. An electric chain saw on a pole to get the top branches and to stay away from the cacti when I cut it for $40. Brand new with manual. Kenmore sewing machine for $50. Really neat stained glass SW piece for $10. Some other odds and ends for $1 each.

I missed a beautiful chest on chest dresser for $20 by 10 minutes. :evil: But have first dibs on the low 9 drawer chest from the same set with a mirror for $30.

Then I worked in the yard until my back gave out. Raked up more chaff and dead cacti and dug out dead bushes and agave pups. Also pulled up one huge agave that was full of grubs and dying. So much yet to do.

Harmony: I know what you mean about OKay doing so much - but, lady, you make me tired, too. You seem to do so much and so varied - from dealing with inspectors paperwork to moving lumber to keeping a house. You do great.

Lilac: Hope you are as happy in your new house as we are in ours. You have a lot more moving than we did, however. Cleaning 3 houses and moving 2 is no picnic.

Time to hit the hay - nope - I have to put the kitchen back in MM first. TTFN
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:17 pm

Okay ~ It will be interesting to see LO's reaction to a baby visiting for what in his perception will be a long time. Will he be a helpful "big brother" type? Or will he resent baby's need for your attention?

You might want to check at your library for story books about "we're getting a baby." Not necessarily to read to LO, since he's too young to understand the temporary nature of the visit, but to give you and DH ideas of how LO can either help or be reassured, whichever mood he experiences.

OKay

Postby OKay » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm

Oh Harmony- you are such a sweetie. Doing so much for your family and others.

We women are amazing in rising to the challenge laid before us. I've learned much from this village.
Last edited by OKay on Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

OKay

Postby OKay » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:36 pm

Re: Baby & LO

The strangest thing happened a few weeks ago. We found a baby doll in our yard. It wasn't wearing any clothes but it was otherwise in good condition.

I hadn't thought about getting LO a baby doll since he is more into trucks and "guy stuff". However, he instantly connected with this baby doll so I encouraged it. I bought it some infant clothes and blanket at the dollar store it has been with LO every since.

I think he will welcome the baby staying here. His personality is to welcome & hug anything that breathes. My parents think he has a gift of comforting others because he is so caring.
Last edited by OKay on Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:23 am

(OKay) thank you for your reply. You are an awesome lady and I strive to be more like you.

(MT) thank you too. I will just continue on with what I've been doing and try to adjust my attitude a bit.

I think I just needed some encouragement.

Return to “Post When You Can”