Sleep-in Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Sleep-in Sunday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:15 pm

A nice view of the mountain sure beats the long drive up the mountain in bad weather! Good luck with your decision making, Twins.

I got the dishes done. The kitchen is still a disaster but at least the counters are only covered with paperwork and not paperwork plus dirty dishes. Next challenge: empty the garbage cans and get the trash ready to go to the curb.

lucylee

Re: Sleep-in Sunday

Postby lucylee » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:07 pm

(((Kathryn))) I don't think I ever posted yesterday to tell you how sorry I am about the family cabin.

Looks like Twins is getting house-fever, too? Is there something in the water in this village? I hope not, b/c I could not bear the thought of having to pack up this house and move. Whew! OTOH... that condo in college town sounds kinda nice. We would never do that, I don't think, but it's a nice fantasy. DH would LOVE it sooo much -- well, at least during the school year, for football-basketball-baseball. But he wouldn't really want to move, either. He is just looking forward to the day when all the family students graduate and we can have the run of the place -- or at least half of it -- again for ballgame weekends!

(((BIG HUGS))) to Harriet re: ddad issues yesterday.

(((Lynlee))) and family of dfriend.

Soooo soooo glad to hear Indiana is doing better! Thanks for keeping tabs on her, MT!

Welcome home, Norma!

Sounds like a great church service, OKay! WTG, LO!!! :D

Wondering what's going to happen at our church... lots of discussion re: starting a "contemporary" service... lots of discussion re: when to add the contemporary service -- morning, night, when? DH says he is not going to a contemporary service. I have to say I agree... but I am fervently hoping it does not come to that. Surely they will not do away with the traditional Sunday morning service in favor of such a radical change! :shock: :? But... who knows?

I must get busy... have to grade some papers, keep an eye on the washer/dryer twins, and s/s kitchen & bathrooms.

I dread going back to school tomorrow, too. I think I am in the middle of a controversy b/c I reported a "heads up" to committee person re: committee we are on & some dissension I heard brewing (from non-committee members) ... she replied to ALL on committee w/her opinion... and then I felt obligated to reply to all in support of her, which may not be the majority opinion, but still... the right thing to do IMHO. * sigh *

* sigh * And I have just been obsessed the last week or so re: this board and whether I talk too much on here (again). I know, we've been through this before. I'm sorry. But is it possible to keep one's internet life and one's daily face-to-face life separate? See, like that last paragraph. I'd certainly hate for anyone at work to identify me... and I'd certainly hate for anyone in my family to identify me when I'm complaining about something w/ddad or someone else in my family... and I'd hate for Y'ALL to meet anyone in my family b/c the way I talk all the time, you probably think we're all nuts. I realized the other day, if I complain about dh (for example) to dfriend IRL, she understands, b/c she knows & loves dh. But if I complain HERE -- y'all don't know him from Adam's housecat... so I hope I don't give y'all a skewed version of life in lucy-land. * sigh * Guess I need an extra dose of Paxil tonight. :roll:
-- I was reading today about a writer who said she started out w/a blog, b/c it was cheaper than therapy... and sadly, and selfishly, I know I use y'all for therapy sooo much. The cloak of invisibility the internet gives is such a security blanket. But is it a false sense of security? Maybe becoming a grandmother is making me excessively introspective. Which for me is quite a statement. * sigh *

I'll go get busy with something. Hope y'all have a good night!
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”