Sleep-in Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Sleep-in Sunday

Postby Nancy » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:45 pm

I slept in today was up in the night with a low reading @ 4:00.
Time to think about lunch now.
Waving to all!

Bday party last night was great! I got to have pizza for dinner. Dgd loved the cookie cutters from the farm her best friends mom had given her home made play doh, after they put puzzles together they did play doh most of the time while we were there! :idea: Using a new jar of peanut butter I tucked in @ the last minute.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OKay

Postby OKay » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:12 pm

YEAH! It's good to see Norma return from her trip.

(((Kathryn)))) I hope the community survives this fire and rebuilds.

Church went well this morning. DH and I attended our first Sunday School class together in .....trying to think how long it has been.....I'm pretty sure it has been well over 10 years! :shock: We are attending a Marriage Maintenance class. I am thrilled with the subject because I think everyone needs to keep focus on the marriage relationship, and it is so easy to let that focus be pushed aside. No matter how good the relationship is (and ours is excellent) there is always room to grow and learn. This was our first time having Sunday School for all the age groups so there were moments of chaos followed by quick solutions implemented.

The children went up on stage at the start of the church service to sing a song honoring the Vets. LO went to sing with them, but detoured over to the drums. :roll: I was squatted down at the bottom of the stage stairs (to help the little ones go up/down) and started to get LO back in his singing spot. However the drummer welcomed LO over to the drums and handed his a set of drum sticks (none of this was planned!!). LO climbed up on a nearby chair and played the drums (with drummer help) during the children song. He was THRILLED with the opportunity and hasn't stopped talking about it. :lol:

Because there was so many little ones in my class (during preaching part of the worship service), we decided to move the 4 year olds up to the bigger kids class. That decision left me with 11 in my class of 3 years old and under. The time just flies by because every second of every minute is all consuming BUSY! I'm holding this one, helping that one, repeat..repeat...repeat. Then I looked up and realized parents are there.

Lunch was quick and easy to pull together = freshly caught fish (gift from DCousin), tartar sauce, beans, green salad and fresh salsa.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:52 pm

I'm still wasting away the day although I had an hour long chat with dd.

As per Harriet's suggestion, I uploaded some pictures to Facebook. The kids have a lot of them, but not all. Some from when I was 3, some from 2004 (when I took pictures of the inside of the lodge, thank heavens) and one from 2007 of me on the beach with the lodge in the distance behind me. Both dd and I have changed our FB profile pics to be of us at Whitepoint.

I had asked dh for a walk today and then sat at my computer instead. I got 2.5 miles in on the treadmill this morning so I didn't need the exercise, just to enjoy the fresh air.

OKay

Postby OKay » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:06 pm

I started to work on paperwork backlog, but decided to relax this afternoon. Instead I've been researching (aka surfing the web) reading articles about local non-profit children shelter. DH has been asked to be on its board of directors and I wanted to find some information about it before he meets with them tomorrow.

Supper = sliced brisket (easy)
LO is still napping.
There isn't anything pressing me that I need to do RIGHT now, so I think I will read a book until LO wakes up.

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:31 pm

INDIANA UPDATE: Just talked to her (we had to discuss the Bears doing well in their game with Detroit) and she sounds much better. They are still monitoring meds but she is getting stronger. I didn't ask when she was going home as the goal is to get better not get out of hospital.

We had a neat experience today as we drove up the hill to church. (Hill takes us to 4800 feet) We drove thru the clouds but down below the sun was shining. Of course, I didn't have a camera - but I don't think it would have shown up on film anyway. It was very beautiful.

Did a bit of yard work today after lunch. Mostly just digging up the spreading agave pups. If left alone - they would cover the yard. I am going to plant a couple in the spaces where plants have died. But I'm only going to use the variegated variety as they don't spread as easily and are more attractive.

Time to go watch the end of the game.
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:54 pm

Dh and I walked around the neighbourhood. Then I realized I should put up the lights I bought on Friday while the weather was warm so I did that and put up the garland and wreath at the same time. Relaid the electrical so I needed one less cord. Everything looks good.

I also put the driveway markers in while the ground isn't frozen. They mark the edges of the driveway for the snow removal guy. Plus I put them in our walkway so we can find it when it gets blown over by snow.

Finally, I updated and printed off my Flylady Zone sheets since, after 37 months I've finally filled in the old ones. Which tells you I'm not doing my zone work anywhere often enough.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:12 pm

Dh and I looked at houses today. Ended up late this afternoon in an area I had said I wasn't interested in, but found a house there that we really, really like. Smaller than this house, but new. Probably could buy for what we could sell this house for. I think we're both thinking really hard tonight about the possibility. We don't have a mortgage here, so we could probably buy there, move and do some work and "stage" here to sell. I think I could be happy living there.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:05 pm

Wow, Twins, that's a big change! Is the house big enough for all four of you. Remember boomerang kids seem to be the norm these days.

Of course, you could do what my nephew's step-mom did. Sent him to university in the city they lived in, put him in residence, sold the family home and bought a 2 bedroom condo. Talk about letting him know he was on his own now!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:50 pm

Waving from Monday
Sunday - Baked a cake - of sorts - turned out more like pudding :lol: - well recipe included caramel sauce I hadn't made. Thay would have been nice.

I have a candle lit for a service held for school/family friends son -funeral/memorial ceronomy in his home town will be almost over. I've held them in my prayers this morning. DM and bro were going. IIt was held at show (fair) grounds pavilion as a lots expected to attend. So sad. As DM said - there have been ceronomies day after day. Thinking of his family.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:06 pm

Kathryn, we've been toying with the idea of downsizing a bit if we found the right house. Our current house has 3100 square feet, with 4 bedrooms (including the master) plus a bonus room all upstairs. The house we saw has 2300 sq feet downstairs including the master, two bedrooms and two full baths. There's a bonus room upstairs with another 400 sq feet or so, but no bathroom upstairs so it doesn't count as a bedroom. It's a much more open floor plan and it feels spacious with a dining area, family room and kitchen all open to each other. The bonus room is huge and I could set up my crafty area up there and the kids could also have an area similar to our playroom where they hang out to watch TV and play games. Our guest room is seldom used, but we could also have a pullout couch or day bed upstairs for guests.

We also could have this house built if we could find a lot we like. I'm half way scared I'll go back to the house tomorrow or soon and freak out because it's a small lot w/o trees. OTOH, it has a nice view of the mountain where we live now.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”