Monday, Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lilac

Monday, Monday

Postby Lilac » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:42 am

No time to cuop but.............

Lilac

Re: Monday, Monday

Postby Lilac » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:04 am

Very skippable rant..............

Dm coming was a mistake. I have wasted 2 days babysitting her and the kids, when dd2 needed my help. Dm and dgd2 butt heads just like dm and dd2 do. Therefore, she can not watch dgd2. Dm has no filter whatsover. For instance, yesterday dsonilaw friend came over and she told him to have a seat if he could find one. Dd2 was livid! Think Linda Blair in the E xorcist. I was expecting her head to start spinning. Keep in mind that late Dec. it will be 21 years since any of us have been in her hoarding nest. I think you can see why dd2 felt that way. Yesterday dd2 was at the old house painting dgd15 room that dgd15 had started on and quit. The appraiser is coming Tuesday afternoon and the house needs cleaned. There is still straggler stuff. I wanted to go clean last night and dd2 didn't want me to. I told dm in no uncertain terms that she was staying home and I was going to clean. I told her that she had heard dd2 say she didn't want me going, so she sure wouldn't want her there. I picked up stuff and vaccumed for 2 hours. I may have gotten 20% of it. Anyway today we are going to clean. Dm is coming to the old house and dd2 will bring the kids and we can all watch them. Dd2 just called and she has just gotten up and doesn't want us going over there until she can get there. She is worried about dm saying things about the condition of the house. I told her to just ignore her. Can you all see what fun I am going to have today running interference between dm and dd2? Dm has always been this way with dd2 and it just chaps my hide as the saying goes. Dm just had to come so she could see the new house. I wish she would have just waited until she is settled but oh, no.

I repeat dm coming was a BIG mistake.

Thanks for listening. Gotta get to the store and get a roast to put in the crockpot, so we can have something besides fast food tonight.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:07 am

Not going to cuop right now either. Just came to get some impetus to make a DPC to Med Co -still no word after at least 2 weeks of messing around with 3 prescriptions for me. I'm running out of pills (again) AND patience. Going to call the supervisor that I last talked to on last Tuesday. Surely something should be showing up by now. Knew it was useless to call on Saturday since my Dr's office isn't open on the weekend.

DD is home today and tomorrow -picks up dgd13 from the behavior hospital this afternoon. Tomorrow will be filled with her getting her hair cut, registering for school, buying some clothing, etc, etc. She's grown 5" and gained about 35 pounds since she went in the middle of March! Think she's even trying to be 'nice' to me -hopefully that will last.

Have to call our pastor today to make sure she has Skype set up there so I can 'be' at the council meeting tonight. Keeping my fingers crossed that this works. Today's her day 'off' so hope I can get in touch with her before tonight.

BBL

VENT away, Lilac!! Understand completely!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:22 am

Still have new home fever this morning, although it's waned a bit - probably good since who knows what will come of it. Dh and I tend to push and pull against each other - when one is enthusiastic the other is putting on the brakes.

Working the morning, but need to get dmom to appt this afternoon. I have a 5:30 meeting at temple, and may drive on to Atlanta tonight for continuing education tomorrow. I can't decide.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:42 am

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, HARRIET & HRH!! :D :mrgreen:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:01 am

Happy Anniversary, HRH and Harriet!

Lilac, can you have your mother start packing or cleaning for you at your home while you work on your daughter's home? That way she'll still be a help but kept apart from your dd.

I'm up and at it but really slow moving. It took 30 minutes to strip and remake the bed, for example. I'm coming down with something and it has drained all my energy.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:39 am

Happy Anniversary HRH & Harriet!
K in C do take extra good care of you this week!

I'm up coffee is done.
I can hear the wind chimes it's rather windy out today here.
s2s x
bs is excellent today! :mrgreen:
Yea I get breakfast having raisin bran today.

We saw the movie contagin last night and it really made us think.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

OKay

Postby OKay » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:42 am

Happy Anniversary to HRH & Harriett!!!

(((Kathryn))) I hope whatever is making you feel bad quickly passes and isn't contagious.

(((Lilac)))) Oh the joys of a close family. :shock: :lol: BTDT. I hope this stressful time of moving will bring joy to all generations and not harm the long term relationships. Sending you buckets and buckets of wisdom, patience and energy. (((Lilac)))

I slept in an hour this morning but then hit the floor running.
** 42 cards completed
** LARGE pork loin on to cook. DH bought this monster piece of meat and it has been in freezer waiting for a reason to cook it. It is soo big that I have reluctant to mess with it, but decided to get it out of the freezer to make some room for other items. DBro said they are preparing a steer for the locker plant and to start making room in our freezer for it (meat will be ready in about 6 weeks).

Dove

Postby Dove » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:34 pm

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO HARRIET & HRH! Hope you both have a wonderful day.

Beautiful day here today, chilly but sunny. Dh gathered up all the leaves with the mower this weekend & this morning the grass is covered with them again. Still lots left on the trees, & the colors are beautiful. Decided to get a flu shot this year as I will be spending a lot of time in households with young children over the next two months. I often catch the colds they expose me to, so am experimenting this year to see if I get sick less.

Oh boy, Lilac. Not fun. Sending you lots of positive vibes today, & maybe a referee's whistle ;) . ((Hugs))

Sorry the Rx fiasco is still going on for you, Dee. Hope one short phone call today solves the problem for good, & that dgd13 has permanently improved her behavior.

Exciting news about a possible move for you, Twins! A big decision to make for sure.

((Kathryn)), I read yesterday about your vacation home & wanted to say how sorry I am.

Waving to Nancy & OKay, & thinking of Indi. I miss her.

Took a small odd sized picture to M ichael's to be framed. They always have 50% off coupons in their circulars, & last week there was a bonus 25% off on top of that as well. I didn't mention the bonus coupon until I was given the price quote, which was $75.00. With the extra 25% it was $50.00. Considering it is a small picture & does not need any glass do they really believe without any discounts $150.00 would be a fair price? Sheesh.

Better get moving here. Next up is to wrap dniece's birthday gifts, call in a catalog order for something dh mentioned he would like, & do some dinner prep. Waving ~~~~~ to all who stop by later! :)

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:41 pm

Inadvertently did something. I was updating my zone charts to write in the last time I did a chore (in some cases, the answer is 2009, in others, no longer in memory.) One of the items for this week was to stir the compost pile. I stopped what I was doing to clean up a mess I'd made around the compost 6 weeks ago (and dh had cleaned it up on Friday without mentioning it to me) and while I was outside I decided to trim back the irises because they are now dead (and weren't when I did the major garden cleanup.) That took me to the garage where dh was diverting our downspouts from the summer to winter settings and he wanted the tarp to finish the leaf removal.

That took me into the shed to get the wheel barrow with the tarp (and the cedar chips that were stored in it) and he dumped those, gave me back the wheel barrow so I could clean up the garden waste I had created. I then cleaned up the shed a bit more so the wheel barrow will fit better (and to sweep out the mess from the shingling) and then I helped dh finish the leaf removal. Our corner lot is used as a school bus stop and the little boys had piled 1/3 of the leaves up to play in them so the job was already 1/3 done for us.

The weather today is glorious, it must be in the 60s and sunny but a bit windy. My sheets are on the line and I'm keeping my eye on the clouds because they seem to be rolling in quickly.

I just finished updating the zone charts (if you recall that's what I was doing when I got distracted!) and am pleased that most of zones 4, 5 and 1 have been done recently. That's thanks to Harriet getting us to play chore bingo.

So, it is now lunch and while my weekly chores are behind, the zone work seems to be well in hand and I feel like I have a fresh start with that.

Return to “Post When You Can”