Thursday, again

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Indiana

Re: Thursday, again

Postby Indiana » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:18 pm

I have been running around all day. At least it is here in the building. I had two unexpeccted meetings that each were 90 minutes. One was with the administrator of the campus and the other with the cheifs. A lot was accomplished.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:02 pm

Hi Indiana! You're probably a lot of help and they're glad to have your input back.

Ahem. Drumroll please.

I have been a powerhouse and a big beautiful tree is standing in our living room by dark. TaDa! The tree purchase was the easy part with a truck and a 13-yr daughter. Back home at dusk-ish, though, I had to have dd hold 2 flashlights while I located the (automotive wheel well) tree stand in the barn. Then extricated it from a wench stored all 'round it (what are men thinking?). Then I pulled it toward myself and hefted it to my chest in a Scottish stonecarry, walking to the house with dd guiding me (couldn't possibly see down). Mat down under it, tree shoved onto it. Watered.

I am woman hear me ROAR! I hope dd remembers this, because I'll be darned if I'm ever going to do it again. Note to self...make up a Dec card for cardfile that says "get a man to bring tree stand from barn before tree comes home!!!"

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:34 pm

Then extricated it from a wench stored all 'round it (what are men thinking?).

Harriet: Congratulations on getting the tree up! I'm wondering whether or not you roared at the wench when you found her wrapped around the tree stand. I can see the headlines now, Cat Fight in the Barn! Film at 11:00!

And what are your menfolk thinking, hiding a wench in the barn where it is likely you'll stumble across her!

.....ducking and running. Fast.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:36 pm

Dinner: done
Mail processing: done
Another few decorations: done
Setting a timer for Big Bang Theory: done
Teasing Harriet: done

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:09 pm

I spent the evening working on decorations and got the dining room done except for the centrepiece which won't be done until Christmas Eve or the 23rd because that's live greens and I want them to last through New Years.

I have a winter centrepiece which will do nicely for Sunday.

I also got the inside light timer set up for my window lights so I won't have to turn them off and on manually.

The living room surfaces have been cleared off and dh brought those decorations up so I can do that in the morning.

Dishwasher is running, load of laundry is done, sheets are on time-delay washing cycle and will be ready for the line in the morning. Except, I just remembered that was for Saturday morning, it is supposed to snow tomorrow. Sigh.....

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:23 pm

OKay, I do hope if your DH is going up very high he will be wearing a safety belt/harness. Don't ask how I know this is important.

Congratulations Harriet for getting your tree up. How great is it for your DD to see how you were able to accomplish that! LOL Kathryn!

I have finished mopping, at least all the common areas and the laundry room and 1 hallway. I was showing DH my progress in the family room, and he looked around and said he noticed the table I'd put in the corner. Now this table sits in that corner every day and has been there for a couple years. All I did was take the lamp off it. He is totally oblivious about stuff in the house. When it was looking like a wreck, he never said a word. I think he never saw any of the mess.

How can men live in the middle of stuff and never see it?

Wiped out oven. Scrubbed racks. They weren't bad enough for an amonia treatment, but I'm going to remember that tip.

All the inside decorations fetched from the highest shelf in the closet. Still in boxes except for green fleece snowman blanket I stretched out on the back of the love seat. I might get some of the stuff out of the boxes, but I'm thinking I'm pretty tired now too.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:06 am

December certainly IS flying by!
I was sooo exhausted when I came in, and dh greeted me w/invitation from ds & ddil to go with them to look at Christmas lights and eat out. Of course, dh drove b/c the Tahoe is so much more comfortable for the four of us, and dinner turned out to be our treat, LOL, although ds protested heartily -- but it was a very enjoyable evening and I feel much better now than I did before.
Just trying REALLY HARD not to make remarks to the young couple that make me sound like my ddad. Told them to just tell me, "Okay (ddad's name)..." when I start doing it.

Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday! I think. It will be a long day, and then Saturday, I really REALLY need to finish up shopping b/c that will be my last Saturday @ home, and we do not get out of school until the 21st.

I'm sorry for not responding to anyone -- I've got to get to bed. I was reading a story to class today, and I just almost read MYSELF to sleep!

I must add however, WTG, Harriet & dd! Never underestimate the power of a woman. ;)
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:23 am

Hmmmm :| :? And I had JUST become indignant at a new frozen food product with the word, "wench" in its name (and a photo, I suppose, of the actual wench on the front?) as I shopped earlier today. Perhaps that's why the mental glitch if it was still OMM. OR perhaps it was lingering guilt over my own inflexibility re: ds26's card. :oops: OR perhaps I couldn't dot all my "i"s because I was circulating more than the usual amount of testosterone at the time. Yeah, I think the 3rd one. The important thing is, no wenches were harmed in the making of the film at 11:00.

We watched The Big Bang Theory and I finished one letter/gift that goes into one of the last cards. I'm sending a sheet of "Love" stamps to the lady at church who has had a sort of personal card ministry to our shut-ins and sick. Also I fielded a long phone call from dcousin who has found some way-back genealogical info about my (other) side of the family that we didn't know.

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:21 am

So did you take them up on their offer to be a pasta wench in your area, Harriet? :lol: I'd personally think one wench in the barn is quite enough for any household! :P

I finally made it home after an extra busy day at work. Notsodco-worker wasn't in again today - she's *cough* *cough* sick. Uh huh sure....no one's buying it, and this was one thing we were told when we switched to the new schedule - there isn't any wiggle room for people to keep being sick. It also dumps a lot of extra work on those of us who are there. However....one more day, and then I'm off for four!

In the meantime, I'm going to head off to bed...I'm exhausted, and I still have one more day to go *sigh*
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:33 am

waving from friday afternoon.

3 lol inc sheets. still to put things away.
I've eaten much better today. Recenty I have been abismal.
pdoc
picked up glasses. they seem to work. though ancient - first reading glasses are still the best / easiest for computer.
grass got mowed. Asked and got way down back corner weeds cut down.
Expecting a wet season - if I'm to believe ants carrying eggs . They are wanting a share top rafter of gpig cage.

Harriet - frustrating plus. I'm guessing a kiddy lock on the fridge and electricals is not really doable ... no no ideas here. yay for she who roars getting physical. lol . hugs and prayers.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”