Fantastic Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Fantastic Friday

Postby Harriet » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:45 pm

Twins Mom, I checked out that site briefly - noticed it mentions masking tinnitus, which might sometimes be helpful for HRH.

Dd and I stopped by the bookstore and picked up a book I had placed on hold for one more gift purchased. Also dd found some physically small, paperback copies of books she can have at the ready for AR inspection :roll: without so much backpack strain: The Hounds of the Baskervilles and Voyage of the Dawn Treader. (a tough read to keep the computer happy, and a more meaningful one for Mom to be happy)

I've been needing more sleep so I'm off to bed early tonight. the plan is that I'll be bright and bushy tailed tomorrow.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:13 pm

I'll be heading to bed once I vacuum upstairs.

I don't have to make lunch in the morning, it is provided with the seminar, and the car is gassed up so those two breaks will allow me to leave later. I have the directions written out. I haven't done the grocery list planning. Sigh.... I still haven't made up my HGP shopping lists either. Double sigh....

I think I'll take my computer tomorrow and work on those after the seminar while having dinner at IKEA.

Because I have time I am doing the Martha Stewart thing and have made up placecards for my seating plan. No-one gets to sit next to a spouse. The kids sit next to a parent except for the third child who will sit next to me.

I've pulled out 6 syrup containers (I have three kinds on offer) and two plates each for the two kinds of meat, cheese and waffles. That will keep passing to a minimum. Same for drinks (water, juice, milk.) I only have one fruit tray but I might split it onto two plates. I'll take a photo of the table tomorrow because it does look very nice. It got an 'oh wow!' from dh when he came upstairs. I figure these people all paid money to eat at my place (this is the brunch we offered at the church talent auction) so I should pull out the extra stops. All but three of them have had brunches with us before. For free!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:20 pm

Yay! I'm on -at least for the moment. Just posted a short link over in MOnly for anyone who's interested. Been having a terrible time staying connected long enough to do anything.

Pastor up home did get Skype up and running tonight and we had a nice chat. Only things was I could see her just fine but she couldn't see me -for some reason I can't get my webcam working! Bummer. We're trying to get this set up so we can use it for church council Monday night. I'm hoping......

DD, DH and DGD have all gone to K m a r t and I just simply decided not to go. Too late for me.

Going to go watch rest of home makeover. Will try to post again later.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:39 pm

I'm so glad to be home sitting here.

After doing some more vacuuming and a little mopping, I made dinner, did dishes, and headed out to the stores. Was going to check for the easy things on my list at a place or two, then hit the supermarket.

Yeah, that didn't work. 4 stores later I only have a few miscellaneous things bought, and I was out 4 hours and my back and legs and feet are screaming, "ENOUGH". So I came home, and I will try at some point tomorrow.

Got the pointsettias for my basket. Got small cookie tins for going home gift (if I get the cookies baked) for my friends on Friday. Got 2 gifts for 1 DGS in NC. I need to get that in the mail Monday. It's a priority now to finish theirs.

Oh, I found my cards I bought, but they're not made out. I'm thinking, just a few going out this year, hand deliver some, one with a letter. Best I can do this year.

DH and helper soaked roof and gutters and soffit & facia with bleach. Then they rinsed it all down. Wow, it was dark brown coming out the gutters. And now the mold is gone from everywhere. Helper thinks it's all the trees around here that make this a dirtier house than we are used to. They worked all day on it, and I can still smell the bleach.

I don't usually go out at night. Noticed that it isn't quite as easy to drive in the dark as it used to be. Plus I had to go a back way as there was some kind of accident on the main road and I couldn't even get out onto it. It was backed up so far I couldn't even see the end.

Boy, bed's going to feel good tonight.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:22 am

Nancy, I asked the dr. about not taking insulin in this instance and he was adamant that I take it 4 times a day.

I am beginning to wonder if I will need to have a garage sale called "stuff I should have sold before the move sale". Seems like the storage space is filling up fast.

Dh and I are painting tomorrow. We are painting the living room, entry, hallway and both dining areas. He will do the detailed cut-in work and I will roll the rest. I really hate to mess with it but it makes sense to do it now. Once I have the 2 hutches in the dining room, I won't be in a hurry to move them again to paint. Dh filled in the nail holes tonight. Dd2 hung things way too high for dhs taste. ;)

Dd1 is a school nurse and she sees some sad situations. There are times that I don't know how she does it. Today she was telling me about a mother who had called about getting her 3 children and her sisters 2 children on the list for gifts from the church. Dd1 talked to the guy in charge and the deadline was up. They had used the leftover funds to buy food, also. Dd1 didn't tell him that she had had requests. She told me that her and her dh would buy for these 5 children. Dd1 is very thrifty for herself and very generous for others. I told dh about it and he told me to call and tell her that we wanted to help out. When I called her, her and her dh were shopping. I told her how much we wanted to donate and she was thrilled to have that amount to work with. Her dh had told a coworker and the coworker had given him $40.00. She said these families really need this. It is so much easier to do this for people who genuinely have their childrens needs as their priority. She has known of times where other people have returned their childrens gifts for cash for drugs or alcohol. She just hates to see little kids do without because of a parents selfishness or addiction. Dd1 just called. I am the original pajama gramma, so she bought each of those children a pair of pajamas, plus clothing and then other items. Each child will have 5 packages. Tomorrow is the delivery day, so she is wrapping these gifts tonight.

I always buy my grandkids pajamas as part of their gifts. Last year for the 2 older dgds, I didn't. I won't make that mistake again. They both commented that you always buy us pajamas. I guess I thought they didn't really pay attention or it didn't matter. I found out different.

Well I better head to bed. It will painting time before I know it.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:50 am

Lilac each person's doc. knows what's best for them. I'm trying to get my a1c up and fighting lows that are life threatening at times so it's okay for me to run a bit higher my doc said.

We have a showing tomorrow at 3:00 found out when we were on our date for the week, I can't believe how many times we are getting ready to leave and that's when they seem to call. ~Sigh~ I'm not in the mood for this. But did spiff up the kitchen, h. said he would vacuum upstairs. Glad the front yard looks better after I've been dealing with the leaves.

:arrow: Next I need to deal with the dining table. It's not too bad. But I'm fighting a bit of some stress.

Return to “Post When You Can”