Super Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
OKay

Super Saturday

Postby OKay » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:10 am

I miss Saturday morning, rolling out of bed, not shaving, getting into my car with my girls, driving to the supermarket, squeezing the fruit, getting my car washed, taking walks.
Barack Obama

How are you spending your time this Saturday?

OKay

Re: Super Saturday

Postby OKay » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:45 am

I am up and on mostly on task. A bit slower than normal.

cut/past - moving a paragraph to J&C

Today PODA -
** cook turkey, slice and prepare couple side dishes for tomorrow Church dinner.
** Prepare lesson for tomorrow (very simple when teaching little one - just select music, story picture & prop's)
** Start gathering items to pack for LO and myself. We will leave tomorrow afternoon.
** Assist DH in antenna project.
** DGS16 Special time - I think he wants to go see a movie - i need to double check and confirm time/show.

Alrighty! That should be enough to keep me busy and outta trouble.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:44 am

Okay, you accomplish so much, each and every day. I so enjoy reading of your accomplishments and those of our other friends in the village.

We had freezing fog overnight. I just love to look at the trees after this weather phenomenon. It usually happens a few times a year.

We are painting today, so I better get ready to head to the other house.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:32 am

Yes, a Saturday morning can be a good thing. Hi, I am S2S and HRH is up and at his computer. My ddad is still in bed which is rather unusual.

I got a good night's sleep so maybe my energy level will stay up today. Haven't heard from dsecondmll whether she wants to try to come by today but until I hear from her I'll assume not. FedEx should be here, which will bring me up to 4 or 5 wrap-able presents on hand. What I'd like to do is get lights on the tree, but that may need to wait until evening.

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:00 am

Good Morning All.

For some reason this site doesn't like to stay logged in - so I just read and then go on with my life.

We worked outside yesterday and will again today. DH is going to the clubhouse for biscuits and gravy breakfast and then will do a grocery run for me. I don't like biscuits and gravy so will stay home an (hopefully) get my house vacuumed and ready for the weekend.

Thinking about you all. Lilac's move, OKay's family, Elizabeth's new life, Harriet's DDad, Nancy's fight with BS, LucyLee's new grandbaby, Dee in FL, Katheryn's breakfast, Indiana's improvement, etc, etc. Sorry not to mention the most important one but my brain is not awake yet.
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:02 am

Good morning, villagers ~

Y'all are much farther ahead than I am today. So far I have fed the cats, read Emails & replied, finished a load of laundry in the dryer and hung them up, started another load in the dryer, put some canned goods in the cupboard, and made coffee.

Hey, can I count that as my 5x5? ;) :lol:

We have been invited to DMIL's for soup supper tonight, but DH said yesterday that he does not want to go up. I'm hoping that after he gets a good night's sleep he will change his mind. We've been lucky so far this season with only a little snow and the roads are still good, but who knows how long that will last. I think we should go up any time we're invited, soon we will not be able to drive north at all.

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:36 am

I'm up and even sort of at 'em this morning (after a very broken up night's sleep). So far, I've petted lots and lots of cats and kittens, let the dogs out, eaten breakfast, had some coffee, and cleaned off the dining room table enough that I can actually do some cutting and sewing today! :)

First, I'm going to put on a bit more coffee, then I'm going to unpack all the receiving blankets I've been buying from consignment shops for the past month, and start the cutting for the kittycat pads. Once that's done, it's critter care time, then tidying/vacuuming the living room.

Off I go!
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:38 pm

Morning y'all...

I've been up for a long while. Woke up at 4:00am to see if the lunar eclipse had begun...and did so every 30 minutes after that. Didn't start its show until after 6. There won't be another lunar eclipse for another 3 years. Did take a picture of the moon and it turned out well.

Since I was up, I made coffee and watched a few episodes of "The Closer". Now I'm coloring my hair and waiting to finish the process. After I s2s, I plan to finish up my outdoor decorations, and then work on my Xmas cards. The Army/Navy football game is on this afternoon. My nephew is a West Point Cadet. He's been at Annapolis for this semester and will participate in the "Crossover" ceremony. This is where the cadets walk out onto the playing field and cross over to their school before the game begins. I am hoping to catch a glimpse of him when this happens. My brother, my nephew's father, will be in the crowd, along with the rest of his family. Those of us who are scattered across the country plan on watching and keeping in contact via texting. This should be fun.

Waving to everyone. I'm staying away from stores, though I may need to do a W-mart run in the morning for food. We'll see about that. May be able to hold off until after school one day next week. Then I'll go to a grocery store that is on my way home. I like that idea much better. ;)

Y'all enjoy your day...I'm like Lucylee and still have papers to grade this weekend. Can do that while listening to the TV. Cy'all later. Gotta go wash that gray right out of my hair ;)
Live boldly, take risk, no regrets...Jillian Michaels

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:05 pm

Good morning!
Gotta hurry and s2s AND color my hair...
Then gotta hurry and finish Christmas shopping...
So I can hurry and grade papers...
* Anyone notice a theme here??? * sheesh *
I feel sooo RUSHED to get everything done b/c NEXT weekend we'll be gone and the NEXT weekend is *** EEEEK *** CHRISTMAS! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Hope y'all have a great day!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:17 pm

Cutting these blankets is taking longer than I thought, even with a rotary cutter and mat. However, I've done seven so far - cut into kittycat pad pieces, patching pieces (they always seem to need repair), and some small 2"X6" pieces to make cat nip toys from. All scraps have been thrown out! :D Now I'm trying to convince Penelope that I am NOT her personal napping cushion! That's what I get for sitting down :lol:

I think I'll vacuum the living room next...aside from the fact that it badly needs it, I'll need that done if I'm going to cut any quilt batting for the pads. Then I'll cut a few more blankets, toss in some laundry, and go play with the kittens upstairs.
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Return to “Post When You Can”