Super Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Super Saturday

Postby Harriet » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:56 pm

Found out today that I had misunderstood dd33 and they WILL be here on Friday. That definitely moves up some deadlines. I thought it was still a toss-up.

My ddad has decided today that he wants to go to a barber. Now. Well, that just isn't happening. HRH says maybe he can manage it Tues. Do Barber shops still do shaves? My ddad is remembering getting a shave at a barber shop and wants one. I don't mean to be dumb, but I haven't heard of this in... ... since the movies. I was on the phone with dd at the time and dsil says he's heard his barber talk about it. ? Does anyone know :?:

Have had 2 calls thanking us for our cards. Also dd33 says ours is the only one they have gotten and WonderBoy, who didn't see it opened, is upset because they should take the photo of the family inside it to me. They can't get him to understand that I sent it to them. I had put a bunch of stickers on the back of the envelope to create a manger scene, and he has put that on the fridge.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:59 pm

I am up and about - went to sleep probably by 8 p.m., was up at 4:45 with ddogs, then slept until 8:30ish. Only "have to do" for today is a casual evening party with dh - one of those things we "need" to do. I have some ground beef in the refrigerator that I need to use to make some chili today - I got it on Wednesday when we had the snow and chili sounded so good.

I am going to hang out here at home today, do some routines, perhaps continue with playroom clean up or paper taming efforts. Hopefully, I'll find a wednesday pretty soon with out rain, because I haven't taken my paper recycling out for a couple of weeks. I could probably use a little nap with my ddogs today also.

(This sat here a couple of hours before I got it posted..... :roll: )
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:03 pm

Super Sat. here b/c the fog has left yea after three days everyone is happy to see the sunshine! Lights were pretty last night but we could do that again with out the fog and have a totally different experience! :mrgreen:

I have a paln for dinner stuffed squash for some reason h. is sort of giving me some flack
about it but I need to cook this half of a small pumpkin up.

Had a low in the night h. brought me juice, cookie, dried fruit, sigh now my bs is up like after a meal no breakfast for me!

I need to update the drivers on my pc wish me luck!
:mrgreen:
s2s x
Bed is made.
laundry storage area & master bath room have been spiffed.
H. is cooking so kit. will need attn. after his breakfast.
Then sweep, mop, & vacuum upstairs.
:idea: I have a plan yea!!!

OKay

Postby OKay » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:59 pm

Making good progress -

Today PODA -
DONE! ** cook turkey, slice and prepare couple side dishes for tomorrow Church dinner.
DONE! ** Prepare lesson for tomorrow (very simple when teaching little one - just select music, story picture & prop's)
iN PROGRESS ** Start gathering items to pack for LO and myself. We will leave tomorrow afternoon.
DONE! ** Assist DH in antenna project.
POST PONED ** DGS16 Special time - I think he wants to go see a movie - i need to double check and confirm time/show.

i've also been a bad bad girl. :shock: not only did I join pinterest and spent way too much time there.........but I've sent invites to those of you who are on FB to corrupt you too. :lol: If I missed anyone - PM me your email address and I'll send you an Pinterest invite. You can refer to me as the "Bad Influence of the Day". :roll:

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:41 pm

I've had an amazing day so far.

Got up early, did the treadmill (but not floor exercises), unloaded dishwasher, put first load of laundry on line, started second load, s2s, had breakfast and did my SAD light. was out the door at 8:30 and made the morning prayers at 9 at the Anglican church where my seminar was held.

The seminar was lead by William Willimon, a United Methodist Bishop from Alabama. He is my favourite theologian and even better in person than on the page! He is simultaneously deep and light-hearted and I had a wonderful day, taking pages of notes.

One of my friends from my lay worship leader course was there, plus a member of the board of the non-profit senior's building plus old friend who moved away from the village years ago but comes back to my party on the 26th each year. She and I spent the day together.

So, it has been an amazing day so far.

I'm at a McDs now, having a snack and free wifi while I plan out the remainder of my day. This is my time to make up my HGP lists, etc. and then do some shopping.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:58 pm

Lunch is done.
Dishwasher is going.
I've cleaned & mopped the bathrooms.
Trash has been emptied and is ready to go in the big can out side it's on the step now in case we come across more iykwim.
Swept and mopped upstairs is done now.
Waiting for that to dry.
Living room spiff has been done.
I found a spot in the storage zone for the suit cases that was a blessing.

Next :arrow: vacuum upstairs.

I got the update for the router yea it seems to be working now I'm happy that I did not have to call for tech support. :mrgreen: Yea!
Way to go gals on all your work.

:idea: Okay I think it's time to head outside and bag up my leaf quota for today I figure if I can get three bags of leaves a day I will have 100 in a month and that will have to make a dent in it! No excuses as it's sunny out. 8-) 44* you can't beat that.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:01 pm

DD and I went to church early this morning. They had a soup sampling party until 2. We helped?? get things going. DH and dgd came later. Soup was excellent!

Now dh has gone to the races with the dh of dd's co-worker. dd and dgd are going later. I had to go on after I dropped him off at the shop and mailed the confirmation for his 401k distribution. Saw W m a r t had gas for $3.16 so decided to fill up today. We're going to Bradenton on Tuesday so would need to fill before then. Told dd we'd pick dgd up on Monday and Thursday.

It's looking very much like rain out there, so am thinking racing may be canceled out tonight. I'm not going. Think I'll stay home and work on Annual Reports for church -she says optimistically! :mrgreen:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:09 pm

Harriet, I am DH's barber and I DON'T DO SHAVES! I do however, take care of other hair issues, like ears, etc. Not my favorite job. My own hair is in a state of neglect.

Sigh. I got a lot done today. I got a lot more to do and came to a screeching halt.

DH and I got icicle lights up across the front of the house, from the one corner to where the roof goes up real high over his shop. I was not dragging out the 10' extention ladder. I was the one up on the ladder this time because DH can't reach up anymore. In honor of our success, I left them on all day. I dragged front porch furniture out onto the pavers, scrubbed and hosed them off. Then since I had water left I washed the car and scrubbed the white mailbox which was more green than white.

S2S and got ready to hit the stores when DH asked me to take hiim to landfill. O_k-a-y I can do that in my fresh clean clothes, off we go. Stopped 2 places for truck light bulbs, and now we're into another project, wires, fuses, as lights won't work no how no way. DH is off buying a truck manual, as they didn't have them out when we bought the truck.... I'm getting more tired by the minute and may not get to a store today either.

There just is not enough time to get done all the things I am trying to do.

Boo, I missed the moon eclipse. Oh well.

Nancy, I hope you do better with your bs tonight.
(OKay) hugs for you.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:01 pm

We'll we had a cancellation on the showing an hour before they were supposed to be here the Realtor called just as we were getting final touches on it but before h. staged the outside area. So I went for a walk took a nap and watched a movie on T.V. w/ hubby. Glad this time they had the foresight to call. We changed our plans and relaxed and were able to enjoy the house now that it's all cleaned up! That's the good news.

There is a game night at the church but I'm pooped. I have dinner in the oven I do not care if we eat it I can always pop it in the freezer for planned ahead meals later in the week. So even that is good news.

Got my journaling done, I still have one Christmas card to get ready and I'm half way done with the letter for it. I only do 2 cards so they are not a big deal for me.

I still have not done the ex. bike. I need to check on the meat balls in the oven.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:13 pm

Nancy, I'm sorry they cancelled on you but thank goodness they told you at least.

Wow, everybody must be super busy tonight.

I got another batch of stuff done. DH didn't get the manual because it was supposed to go up to 2010 but did not have a current wiring guide in it. So when I left, he was trying to find it online. We have a big fuse box that he doesn't know which ones are which, they just have numbers on them. We bought this truck used and never got an owner's manual with it. Anyway, with that dead end temporarily, I decided to go out.

First stop: toy store. Managed to get the out of state family done. I hate buying toys. I think most of them are stupid and overpriced. I just don't get what the big draw is for most of them. A hunk of plastic, $25.99. A bigger hunk of plastic with batteries and dumb music, $35.99. 2 months later they're either broken or the kids don't play with them. Sheesh!

Then I went to W-M and got miscellaneous stuff I needed plus a whole cartload of groceries. It took a lot of trips to bring it all in. I'll be glad to sit down and rest for a bit.

I see Lynlee's light on. How is your DGD who broke her arm?

Return to “Post When You Can”