Sunday Decisions

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
OKay

Sunday Decisions

Postby OKay » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:01 am

“In any moment of decision,
the best thing you can do is the right thing,
the next best thing is the wrong thing,
and the worst thing you can do is nothing.”
–Theodore Roosevelt

What will you decide to do today?

OKay

Re: Sunday Decisions

Postby OKay » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:13 am

I am almost ready to pack - I have stacks of things laid out and ready.

Last Sunday the drummer (at church) asked me if LO could play the drums with him during worship service special music this week. :shock: The drummer is going to play the "Little Drummer Boy" and wanted LO to "help" him. I can guarantee you that LO music ability is NO WHERE near that level and the drummer is well aware of that. This morning will be interesting to watch and learn how the drummer pulls this special music off. No matter how the special music turns out, I know LO will be thrilled to have the opportunity to get up on stage and play the drums.

PODA -
** SS marriage class with DH
** Church (will be teaching little ones during the preaching part of the service)
** Christmas luncheon with church family
** Home to load up and head out for a 4 hour trip to DSon/DDIL. Hopefully LO will nap during the drive.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:40 am

Good morning!

I got a LOT of shopping finished yesterday. Just a couple small things left to get.

Talked to dmom, too. Check J&C.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:44 am

Is this whole post skippable? Possibly. I'll offer this to redeem it in advance.

Unable to go to church, any of us, just trying to tiptoe and deal with some situations. It will be a success if we can just keep a calm house today. HRH kicked dd and me (not really) out of the house on errands yesterday late afternoon to try to diffuse upset, and we were not allowed to come home until he got my ddad in bed asleep. So all we could do was bring take-out last night for supper.

Got the lights on the tree last evening while watching some Christmas specials trying to unwind. I did get three more presents wrapped, so my "tower" of 6 gifts for the children at this weekend's party with dfirstils is complete. Like Harmony, I am less than impressed with high-ticket plastic that was a lot of trouble for me to find, buy, wrap and carry (well, one is a craft book). I still maintain "gifts for the children only" parties cater to those who are already drowning in THINGS and attention (possibly to their detriment), while ignoring those who might get a rare smile from being remembered. Heaven forbid anyone hand so much as a ribbon to cousin Johnny59, tired from his long-hours job and pretty much convinced the holiday's not for him - no, no, he's an adult and we don't give to adults, eeewwww. It would be fun to take this as a decorated tower as I've done before, but I don't know. Everyone there is so self-absorbed anymore, they don't pay enough attention to go to much trouble.

Today I've done sets of 27-decisions in two rooms so far, and swept up the kitchen.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:55 am

{{{Harriet Group hug!}}}

I'm up need to get ready for church did get my hair washed last night so I could get it dry all the way don't like going out when it's damp in the winter. H. went back to bed I think he was up in the night.

Had another low this morning when I got up 52 having breakfast cocoa & granola bar dried fruit this morning. Pumpkin smoothie & cereal will have to be other days or other meals. I have stuffed half a small pumpkin with meat loaf cooked and ready to re-heat for one of our meals today another we are sharing a sub type sandwich w/ whole grain bun.

I'm still finding a few places that I did not dust so got most of those last night.

No fog today here yea! But it is cloudy.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:16 pm

Wow, another low Nancy! That is really dangerous!

((Harriet)) Here's hoping for a better day for all today.

I rec'd a reminder email last night about a meeting today at 10 a.m. for which I hadn't done my prep. Spent about an hour this morning on prep before taking off, and just got back home. I have a small "window of opportunity" now to get some things done. I essentially goofed off all day yesterday until it was time for us to get ready and go out for evening; came home exhausted and almost straight to bed.

Dh visited the area yesterday that we had driven through last Sunday and talked with a rep there. They have lots available for purchase in an area we liked, and would construct our house there. Dh brought home some plans which would work on those lots and we have pored over them! This afternoon we will walk the lots with the rep, and get info about houses under construction with the floorplans we favor so we can walk through those to get a feel for the space. Building our house has always been dh's "dream" and completion would be well beyond tax season, which is a plus.

I gotta get rolling....
-clear kitchen counters
-bring down dirty laundry
-start a load of laundry
-straighten family room
-start browning meat and onions for chili
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:51 pm

Done with that round - 5 minute break and making an iced coffee then back to work:
-clear kitchen table (dd and I were joking yesterday that our kitchen table serves the same function as a mud room - everything gets dropped there)
-clear "hot" kitchen counter
-upstairs make the bed
-clean up my bathroom counter
-take out kitchen trash
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:20 pm

SHEM:
"We have been friends together,
In sunshine and in shade."
~Caroline Sheridan Norton

Yes, we all have been friends together!

Next round after a little break:
-reboot laundry
-drain ground beef and onion and get other ingredients into the chili to simmer
-clean rings
-clean out my car
-deal with 10 pieces of paper in my stack of papers gone wild

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:48 pm

thanks for that SHEM, Twins Mom!

I have continued 27-decisions through living room and kitchen.

Nancy, I hope you feel well through the day.

Hope LO enjoys his special music. Little Drummer Boy was HRH's late grandmother's favorite.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:51 pm

We are back from early church, the cookies are for a fund raiser so that is not until next week. So I can do up a plate for that this week. It's foggy out but high fog that looks more like clouds not clear to the ground so that is good news. I'm having some tea. I was chilly so had to put on another layer.

I'd like to be more involved at church but with the house on the market, grand kids, and health issues my plate seems full.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”