Monday Magic

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: Monday Magic

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:02 pm

If I list all the things I would do with a magic wand, I would be typing until Christmas, maybe longer!

I survived my crazy weekend, missing only one open house. I got to DD's performance, marched in her parade, and got to one open house. I have DD until Wed while XDH is on a business trip. I was able to get her where she needed to be this morning. Last night I caught her in bed playing with her DS, it will no longer be stored in her room! Today at payroll, I am working on documents and slides - final proofing, printing, binding, archiving.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:45 pm

#155 b.s. today's reading is up.

H. framing on Tues. for sil.

I'd have a magic wand 8-) sunshine would be out instead of these clouds; and help me find three Cookie cutters: ginger bread man, snow flake, star of David, four place settings of the Christmas tree plates with bowls, cups, glasses etc. & get h. income, oh yes the laundry would be finished... this list could take a while maybe a good thing for journaling I'll be thinking on this! What a fun topic for today!

I have two vacuums when dson did not need his I asked for it and have one upstairs and one down had a Kirby it weighed a ton was so glad when it blew up! The newer ones are lighter.

Soup is going in the crock pot.
Letters mailed yea done with Christmas cards now.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:08 pm

I slept in this morning...like some others in the village, I just ain't as young as I used to be! Of course, the fact that I'm horribly overweight and out of shape doesn't help that one bit! :roll: :oops:

Today's basic plan is crockpot stew for supper, laundry, vacuuming, critter care, groceries, housework, sewing, and watching Terra Nova with DH this evening. Of course, most of that will get broken down into babysteps and rounds and so on and so forth...but first, I really need another cup of coffee! :lol:

There! More caffeine....mmmmmmmmmm!! Just got a call from work (I almost didn't answer, thinking they were calling me in to work today) to let me know we're doing some training on the new program this week, and would I be able/willing to come in early on Thursday. I don't mind...once I do my next five day stretch, I'll only be working four days in the next three weeks! :D

About that magic wand? I'd have it organize all my crafting stuff, wrap all the Christmas presents, and clean the carpets.

I'd better find the BGS and get moving here!

Round 1:

- downstairs critter care
- tidy/vacuum living room
- start stew in crockpot
- take meds/get dressed
- upstairs critter care
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:01 pm

Ds is helping me with dh's present. Road trip for us on Saturday.

In the meantime, I started looking for ebooks for the kids. Of the four I want to buy, I might buy one. One isn't available at all but that's reasonable (it is Canadian.) Both of the other two are more expensive than buying the physical book. The one I might buy is $1 cheaper than buying the physical book. And because of the nature of the book, the book is better value than the ebook because it comes with extras. Sigh.... I thought kindles were supposed to put the world of books into your hands, instead of forcing you to read only what they choose, and to do so at a premium price over regular books. My sister was saying she got Don't Sweat the Small Stuff for $2.99. I paid $.25 for my copy.

Dh and I are going for a walk now. In theory, the tv should be there but it is warm and sunny today so we'll walk. Maybe that will improve my mood.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:44 pm

Well, specifically, my magic wand would buy all my Christmas gifts and bake all my Christmas cookies. It would also clean my bedroom, sweep out the garage, and fix DH's truck. Then it could rest a bit.

My friend had to go back home to help her husb. with his truck. She sounds a lot like me.

I got the kitchen picked up (mostly) and the dining room tidied. Now I'm working at my desk. What a mess!

sherinjoy

Postby sherinjoy » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:51 pm

Wow - a magic wand? I would wave it over all my paper clutter and it would sort, file and handle all paper-generated tasks. That was easy!

Sunshine would be nice too - cold, wet, and cloudy this morning. Getting started on the day, but taking it slow.

Saying hi to all the villagers this morning. Thinking of Okay at her DS's taking care of 3 little ones, with a lot on her mind these days. Hoping it is going well.

Off to the adventures!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:16 pm

TV has arrived so dh is picking it up now.

Lots of mail for me to process.

Booked my Yellow Fever vaccination for Jan 5 so it won't conflict with the as yet unbooked Vegas trip.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:45 pm

Wow, just lost a post because I didn't realize iPad would eat it if I went to another tab.

I had a productive morning of running errands and dd and I are hanging out together this afternoon. Around 5 dd and I are going to meet with the builder's rep and our R/E agent to walk through an already build and sold house with the floor plan we prefer. We may get a movie to watch together later as dh has bowling tonight.

I picked up new glasses (inside and sunglasses) this morning, and I'm thinking that the progressive lens part of the bifocals may be off a little. Will live with it through my trip, and check in next week if I still think it's off.

Dmom's doc appointment for tomorrow a.m. was cancelled, now will go to January. Has already been cancelled once. I'm considering discussing a change in doctors with her, but the cancellation does give me some breathing room tomorrow.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Sadie

Postby Sadie » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:05 pm

Hello dear ladies,

HMMM-Magic wand, guess I'd make it change the weather, a bit cold, dark and gloomy here.

I did all my dailies for one whole week, including the days I went in early at WM. 8-) Holding my hands up in champion pose.

Am working on getting my weeklies back in line. did half of them today, ok, ok, so I crossed some of them off because they didn't need to be done this week, like paying bills.

We're still in Christmas mode at WM. Have an angel tree and noticed there was more on it this year and we have a lot left over. One lady called in and started to cry as she asked what she had to do to get her children on it.

I'm playing a game on my Iphone,it is MyTown and I have it set so I check in with it every 30 minutes here at home. Keeps me working for the 30 then I get to collect my make-believe money in the game.

Off to see if I can whittle my weeklies down a bit more.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:24 pm

make bed x
sweep by steps x
chop veggies x
I have a plan for meals today.
Lunch is done dinner is planned left overs.
Three stars *** every one!

Speaking of stars we have tried to make star of David shaped cookies w/out success they look like flowers. ~sigh~ oh well :arrow: Next we will try :idea: round with a star on them to put blue sprinkles, coconut, powdered sug. etc. around them for the star shape!

Snicker-doodles are done.
Last load of laundry is in the dryer now I've folded and put the others away.
Neighbors have brought home a real tree and are working on getting it up.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:28 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”