Tinkering Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Tinkering Tuesday

Postby lucylee » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:33 am

Well. No wonder I've been dragging in my tracks. I just now lay down to watch Wife Swap. Um hmmm... Wife Swap came on @ 7:00. I slept THREE HOURS.
And I am NOT going to do three hours' schoolwork NOW to make up for it. I am going to get ready for bed & go back to sleep. Maybe tomorrow I will feel like a human being.

Did I already post the following statement about the vacuum cleaner? Obviously, I'm a little foggy tonight.
However, in case I did not mention this already -- I did NOT tinker w/the vacuum cleaner tonight. S*ars has apparently LOST my vacuum cleaner!!! People @ local store are diligently trying to locate it and are extremely apologetic that this has taken so long. I'm not getting in a panic YET... but it should have been back in a week and it has been a month so far.
Twins -- it is supposed to be at the service center in your center. Would you like to go investigate? ;)

I'm going to bed.
Tomorrow is another day.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:27 am

Dh spent the evening at the house measuring, cutting and putting the vinyl in the cabinets. I went over and we carried in the 8 boxes I had packed from the hutches. I put a sheet down in the sunroom and we will stack them there, out of the way. I came home determined to finish packing the hutches and I did in fact finish them. In the morning I need to take the rest of the boxes over there, then come home and get the drawers and take them over there. Only a crazy lady would have 2 hutches full of P faltzgraff.

Better hit the bed.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:09 am

I am sometimes amazed at the amount of work some of you ladies get done in a day.

Lilac, you are lucky to have that china. I only have a partial set of "good" dishes, a full 12 serving set of everyday, and a nice big set of Christmas. I did break down and buy a set of silverware (not silver!) for 12, so with that and my everyday I no longer have to go to plastic. I have a nice hutch that always looks bad because it's full of this 'n that and not nice sets of stuff.

Anyway, who was it said Christmas was sneaking up...that's the way I feel. I did get 3 different kinds of cookies baked tonight. And I will do my bar cookies soon and that will be it. Enough to send some home with my friends, Friday, a batch for DD1 and DD2 (all the DGBoys always ask me to bring cookies) and some for us here. I won't be eating many. They give me heartburn. Well, what doesn't?!

Big huge desk day today. As I was updating spreadsheets I realized I never got my Nov. bank statement from one bank. Tore into everything, making sure it wasn't tucked away somewhere, and nope, nada, nowhere to be found. I'm sure it was misdelivered and that makes me angry, because too much of my mail ends up at the wrong house. I certainly don't want my bank statements going to just anybody.

If the post office becomes less efficient, I'm wondering how many other problems we might encounter.

My church friend managed to get here and we got those cards written and sent. She had feedback from one gal who said she really appreciated being remembered.

Return to “Post When You Can”