Tinkering Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Tinkering Tuesday

Postby Harriet » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:02 am

Have CUOP through yesterday.

Lynlee, :D wands out of stock.

Mods, I swept today, probably need to check behind me.

Things I have meant to say -

lucylee, I'm sorry your eyes have been so uncomfortable.

Mr. Emptynester, I'm sorry your hand will need extra attention.

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:31 am

Good Morning All.

I think it was Sylvester the Pussycat that used to say something about "What a revolting development this is." That sums up yesterday for sure.

DH went to his pre-surgery appointment and needed a chest x-ray, EKG and blood work. Got the first two done and the EKG has a blip. Now we have to schedule a cardiac appointment and we're not sure we can get it all done before the surgery. So that might have to be canceled for now.

We go back for the fasting blood test this morning.

Time to get moving and do that - then we might go to HD and pick up the router table we ordered last night. It will be used to make our bed - if we ever get it made.

When we get back home we need to get started on the DGD's Christmas ornaments. December is slipping away and they aren't done yet. (Neither are last year's - but that is another story).

See you all later.
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

OKay

Postby OKay » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:56 am

officially the coldest place on the planet at -46.1C (almost -51F)!
Brrrr!!! OH WOW!!!! That is just too cold for this gal to comprehend. I've been wearing long underwear since it dropped below 60 degrees here. :oops:

This morning has been a comedy of errors. Might as well laugh about it because it does no good to do anything else. DSon was conducting an interview upstairs (on phone) while I had the 3 little ones and 3 dogs downstairs. The dogs hadn't been let outside for the day so I opened the back door to let them outside WITHOUT thinking.....YUP. I set the security alarm off. VERY LOUD. DSon ran downstairs and turned it off for me. Then I decided to bake some biscuits for breakfast.....which resulted in setting fire alarm off. A voice comes on and LOUDLY says "FIRE!! FIRE!!! FIRE!!!" :oops: Once again DSon came running downstairs to rescue me by resetting that alarm. I told him "Working from home is harder than it sounds." He agreed. :D

DSon is at the hospital with DDIL. The docs said DDIL needed to stay in hospital an extra day which is probably good for her. Sometimes I think the insurance wants to the medical people to send patients home too soon just to save some $$.

DGS5 is at school. DGD11 months is taking a nap. LO is playing with legos in front of me. All is quiet.

A 3 person cleaning team is suppose to show up any moment. I've been told to just stay out of their way because they know exactly what is to be done. I don't think I've ever watched a cleaning team work so I'm actually looking forward to the experience.....and hope to learn a few tips I can apply to my home from them. :P

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:58 am

Emptynester, you're so young. It was from The Life of Riley. I am young, too. Because I also thought it was a cartoon character but didn't think it was Sylvester. So I looked it up and turns out Chester Riley would turn to the camera at the end of an episode and say that. Mel Blanc later gave it to several of his Looney Tunes characters (so we're not that young) , and I think I remember Daffy.

Ds26 came by and dressed out a deer. My world is so random.

Time slipping away and Christmas coming just as fast as usual.

More random things to do:

Call school
Wash jeans
Make deposit
Call nurse
Change all linens at my ddad's

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:14 pm

#106 today's bs readying yea for a good one!

H. has the trash to the curb today already. He is off to the consturction site they are framing today. Last night he put some final tweaks on plans for a build they will do next.

I've swept the carport.
I'm grateful for the above today!

Need to make the bed it's a day off for me. x
Thinking about tinkering with some recipes.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:17 pm

I have survived the second morning with DD9. I got us up about 20 min too early this morning, so she got to watch an extra episode of Hogan's Heroes. My dinner plans for last night fell through. I was planning on leftover ham and rice (which DD loves), but she didn't want the same thing twice in a row, so we ate at Sweet Tomatoes. Tonight, being Girls' Night Out, will be Chinese. We found her Dragon Singers uniform at XDH's house so I don't have to get it from his truck at airport parking. Yeah!!! DD had a nightmare at about 230 last night and came to my bed. I can't sleep with someone practically on top of me. Between her and Dcat18, I am stiff and sleepy today. Tomorrow is another crazy day. DD has a dentist appointment, then a Dragon Singers performance. YIPES!!! At least XDH gets back from his business trip and, if no planes are delayed, should be at the performance. I have finished the document stuff I was doing yesterday and need only deliver it to the customer. Across town, of course! Then I guess I can continue slogging through documentation on a program I am using.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:22 pm

Ok, still not s2s and we leave in a hour so that will be my next to-do.

Did eat breakfast, start dinner in the crock pot, make the cabbage salad up (at long last, the cabbage has been around for over a week) and then mixed up the marinade and froze two flank steaks in that.

My freezer is awfully full. This is bad because I'm going to buy a turkey today. On the other hand, I now have flank steaks for New Year's Eve dinner on hand so if I have a crowd here (a possibility), I have something easy to prepare.

I miss being able to chew. Discovered that I can't chew cabbage today. Hopefully, I'll be fine with it all shredded but without thinking I popped a leftover bit into my mouth and had to spit it out after the shooting pain let me know cabbage is on the NOT list.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:24 pm

Elizabeth I know you are tired and stiff but I'm pleased that dd came to you in the night and found you comforting. I know you don't always have confidence in your mothering but that's a sign that you are doing great.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:01 pm

Lilac I was glad to see you stood firm.

MT I hope you don't need to postpone Mr. MT's surgery.

I have enjoyed reading posts this morning.

Tinkering today is perfect for today. It is a quiet day so I'm tinkering.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:09 pm

Call school - CHECK
Wash jeans - CHECK
Make deposit
Call nurse
Change all linens at my ddad's

Happy Trails, Twins! Stay safe, be indispensable.

Elizabeth, Hogan's Heroes can make my dd13 stop in her tracks and stare at tv a while, so I see why your dd finds it a favorite. I know it is not an accurate depiction of wwII prisoner life and is insulting to captors' intelligence, but I think there is truly some educational value, insofar as language bits and basic knowledge of the time, plus it's a show about friendship on a basic level. How often have I heard the dialog when my crossword puzzle's clue is ___ Wiedersehen. :) I know crepes suzettes because LeBeau told me about them.

I just washed 3 dollar bills in the jeans washing and have hung them to dry. This hasn't happened to me in a decade - I do NOT forget pockets. This must really be a stressful time! :?

Return to “Post When You Can”