Winter Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: Winter Wednesday

Postby Harmony » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:27 pm

I think I've missed what Kathryn's DH is going to do at the Hospital.

Loved looking at the china patterns. If I was rich, and if I was going to hoard anything, it would be china! Maybe it's a good thing I'm not rich!

I wonder what Indiana's up to tomorrow.

I got the turkey all cut up, we had turkey for dinner and I have enough left over for tomorrow's meal. That was more work than I had thought. But it's done and another boatload of dishes is done. I got the bedroom picked up, couple loads of laundry folded up.

DH helped put the sheets on the bed. My goodness! I did pillow protectors too..."how do I get this on, how do I get into it, (incredulous voice) there's a zipper for pete's sake, struggle struggle.... we've decided he lays block faster than he fixes bed linens. I told him it was lack of practice.

Last batch of cookies getting done tonight. Glad that's done.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:23 pm

Making progress... All journals are graded...

Watching Steel Magnolias. That movie is just TOO sad.

Wondering what Indiana's up to, also. But surely it's nothing bad... Take care of yourself, Indiana!
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:37 pm

helia, I can only tell you what I do. Compress is a big word to me in my sleepy condition, though, and you may just need a smarter person.

in Windows Picture and Fax viewer, when I "open a photo for editing", in "image" I click on "attributes" to see how wide and high the dimensions are. For an avatar here, 90 is the limit. So if your image is square, make the dimensions 90x90 and if rectangular do the math. :D Then it can become your avatar. Also check out Indiana's and Kathryn's threads on photos in Hints and Tips forum above.

Funny, Harmony, I just told HRH what use is it to be playing house with a man if he won't help fold sheets. He sent dd to help. :roll:

Dd went frantic tonight unable to find her first-quarter Algebra notebook to complete a project. It took me a lot of patience and insistence in her room to keep trying every possible location/satchel/shelf and when we truly had given up suddenly there it was. Whew. Then she sat with holiday music for 2 hours to finish. Way too much. But I think that is the Algebra swan song until after break.

Sunny, all best wishes to dh - he should just explain to people that he's "had a little work done" and even the best plastic surgeon leaves you bruised for a while.

Oh, lucylee's vacuum has been caught. I knew it couldn't get far.

Well, it's hit the sack time. Dd13 has to be at school early for something or another. Yawn.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:51 pm

Granny duty is over dinner is done Today I prepped that huge pumpkin that's been sitting on the dining room floor for nearly a month. I made up pumpkin fries, and cooked pumpkin and have that in the freezer. Dgd loved playing with the squash seeds I had from last week. She helped me clean the seeds out of the one today. {I mopped and cleaned up after wards.}

The cookie baking was fun but the cookies are not going to be anything I would take to a cookie exchange or a bake sale. ~sigh~ so I"m rethinking that. But we made a lot of fun memories!

My first set of china was from a gas station give away when you filled up. All I have left is a couple of saucers. It had pink roses and gold on it. What I have now was my dsisters and got it after she died figured I may as well use it but this year we did get out some paper plates.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:32 am

Harriet, I've been meaning to share the science project DGS12 and his "group" did. They were studying the digestive system...the whole thing from beginning to end, lol. His project (which he and DSiL did mostly themselves, so much for the "group") was a pvc pipe digestive tract complete with a golf ball. Golf ball into the "mouth" at the beginning of the first pipe, it travels to the end and into the bowl underneath the toilet seat they made out of something. I have no idea what grade that would get!

Return to “Post When You Can”