Tea Party Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
bittersweet

Tea Party Thursday

Postby bittersweet » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:26 am

The actual anniversary of the Boston Tea Party is tomorrow, but I figured it wouldn't hurt if we all took time for a little tea party today.

Yes, I'm up ridiculously early again, but I'm going to try going back to bed. If I don't get more sleep, I'm not sure I'll be able to stay awake during the training later this morning.
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

helia

Re: Tea Party Thursday

Postby helia » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:13 am

Harriet, I can get a photo down to the proper dimensions, 90 pixels x 90 pixels very easily. The problem I'm having is with the size at those dimensions. At 90x90 (or smaller) dimensions, I can't get most photos anywhere near the 6 KiB limit. I skimmed the Hints and How To articles, tried using MS 2010 and Paint. Within Paint, I've tried using percentages in resizing photos. I tried using pixels in resizing photos. I tried a gradual combination of both percentages and pixels. Still the photos are too large - not dimension-wise but file size wise. THAT is my quandary, how to get the size under 6 KiB. I think I need to change the resolution of my photos, but I don't know how to do that.

Anyhow, this is taking more time than it is worth for me. I don't care that much re: my avatar, just thought it would be fun to use different photos I have. Since dh doesn't like my posting (he sees it as a distraction and time sink for me, which it can be if I'm not careful), I can't really ask him for help. I asked ds the other day, but he was sick and didn't seem to know much about my specific issue anyway. Everyone I've asked so far seems to know how to change the dimensions; no one seems to know how to shrink a file down to 6 KiB when it is 13 KiB at 90x70 pixels. . .

Alright, off to finish the a.m. routine.

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:46 am

Hope you have a great day!!!

ღஐƸ̵̡ӜƷஐღ ♥.•:• •.♥ ♥.•:• •.♥ ♥.•:• •.♥ღஐƸ̵̡ӜƷஐღ.
ஐღ ♥..♥ღஐ Happy Birthday Indiana ஐღ ♥..♥ღஐ
ღஐƸ̵̡ӜƷஐღ ♥.• •:•.♥ ♥.• • •.♥ ♥.• •:•.♥ღஐƸ̵̡ӜƷஐღ.

I don't remember who I copied this from - but thank you.

DH is going to breakfast - I'm going to Tai Chi. Bake sale at AC this morning.

Then I've got to come home and work on DGD's Christmas ornaments.

TTFN
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:30 am

Oh, lovely!! A wonderfully Happy Birthday, Indiana!

helia, I figured any wisdom I shared was probably known, but you hadn't gotten any responses, so took a shot. :) Someone else here knows, I'm sure. Don't know how to convince your dh how wholesome we are! LOL! Well, I'm sure he thinks we're wholesome, just wants you to have your time-options open.

Today 5x5 on a card
Make deviled eggs
vacuum
make tags for gifts
last of decor
wash my ddad's shirts

bittersweet, are we partying partly because of the china chat yesterday? LOL! I never did get my dolls around a table and serve much. Perhaps that's why I don't get the china out much today! I did make a mean mud pie, though. And I always hold my pinkie finger up while drinking from a cup.

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:54 am

Whew! I'm glad I was able to get back to sleep for a few hours! Actually, Harriet, I chose the topic title more because tomorrow is the 238th anniversary of the Boston Tea Party..LOL Like you, I was much more into mud pies than tea parties when I was younger.

I must get moving this morning! I have to be at work early for training, and before then, I have to get laundry put away, do the critter care, and corral as many critters as possible in the master bedroom. Management is coming today to do an inspection for outstanding maintenance issues, and something to do with checking for bug infestations (which sounds to me like someone in the complex may have bed bugs or roaches...EWWWWWWW!!!!!) I know we don't have them - the cats would let me know :lol:

Gotta run.......

.ஐƸ̵̡ӜƷஐღ ♥.•:• •.♥ ♥.•:• •.♥ ♥.•:• •.♥ღஐƸ̵̡ӜƷஐღ.
ஐღ ♥..♥ღஐ Happy Birthday Indiana ஐღ ♥..♥ღஐ
ღஐƸ̵̡ӜƷஐღ ♥.• •:•.♥ ♥.• • •.♥ ♥.• •:•.♥ღஐƸ̵̡ӜƷஐღ.
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

helia

Postby helia » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:16 am

:) at Harriet. Somehow, I managed to get 2 photos within that size limit once upon a time. They were taken with an older camera.. . . . I think if dh could just meet you all irl, he would understand - though he still might be concerned about distractions. LOL! BTW, is that a l**t you just posted?

Happy Birthday Indiana!!

Done:
-a.m. routine
-devo. time

Next:
-errands: buy picture frames, buy chicken for curry tonight (the groc. store didn't have the cut I buy when I went on Monday), buy new baby card, get package to dfriends in Cali. in the mail
-switch laundry

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:30 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY INDIANA!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:44 pm

Happy Birthday Indiana!
My bs is good today. :mrgreen: had a cookie before bed so was surprised by the #115 reading I got before pouring my coffee this morning.

It's been snowing out today we have a skiff and it's snowing lightly we are supposed to get 1"
then it turns to rain. 2-3" in the higher elevations.

At least one doz. cookies turned out ok, we have one bag of are crumbs for bird food ? maybe. One plate of ugly dry cookies but we can have fun frosting decorating them with grand girls I guess I don't care if any one actually eats them! LOL! I was in near melt down over this until I tasted one this morning. {I'm hormonal this week.}

I will still have to make up some for the cookie exchange ~ but may decide to skip that! :idea:

I have granny duty this afternoon. Dgd had an absolute blast playing with squash seeds yesterday pouring them from one cup into the other! Then scooping them out of the bucket
pouring them back in it and starting all over again. Then we cleaned seeds out of a big pumpkin for the next batch.

I stood all after noon making up pumpkin fries to freeze got several bags tried cooking a few to eat first they were surprisingly good. Sent one bag home with dd. I still have one big squash to prepare maybe next week! The freezer is filling up sigh I've been trying to empty it so we can defrost it.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:59 pm

I survived 3 days with DD9!!! Next week I have her all week, yikes! At payroll I am upgrading scripts that worked in v5 of software to work in v8 of the same. I have gotten one that works without errors. Now I have to test it to make sure it gives the same results.

Happy Birthday Indiana!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:23 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY INDIANA!

I'm thinking your not being here today has something to do with your birthday?

Helia, our pictures were like that until DH discovered what setting to put the camera on. I don't understand that either, but it was a setting right on the camera. Well, that wasn't much help was it?

I am working around today, trying to get anything "heavy" done first. I washed all the chairs, tables, windows, pass through shelf, etc. on back porch and left DH to do all the hosing off. I'll go out later and spray bug spray in the crevices underneath the chairs where spiders like to build their nests...ewww,,,,bittersweet could you send your bug people here?

I did get the bug problem in the house resolved. I just kept spraying and spraying and finally they decided to leave for parts unknown. Grass people told me they were not the kind of bugs I thought they were anyway. The kind I got do not like to nest in houses, they like the outside, so that was good. I quit finding them in the flower beds, too.

Working in the bedroom / bathroom now. It's ready for vacuum and mop. I cleaned cabinet fronts in kitchen, emptied silverware drawer and cleaned that, did dishes, cut up last cookie bar batch made last night and loaded up all the tins. 2 more throw rugs cleaned.

I remember last year I panicked when I had so much to do before Thanksgiving. This year I didn't host thanksgiving. So this year I panicked before Christmas. I need to be more faithful doing my focus work leading up to HGP ending, for sure. This routine I have is ridiculous.

Elizabeth, it sounds like you are doing great in lots of areas!

Return to “Post When You Can”