Tea Party Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Tea Party Thursday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:44 pm

We are back from the party. Before leaving, I got the first batch of nuts and bolts made (the second batch will have to wait until I get more Worcestershire sauce.)

After the movie, dh made up the Shepherd's pie for tomorrow night. And then I cleaned up the kitchen and started the dishwasher.

The washing machine was poorly behaved on Monday when I was out so I had to wait until I was I awake to run the next load. I monitored it and all went as it should (the problem when dh was here was the timer seemed to get stuck.) That load is in the dryer for a second time now because my dryer is pathetic and 50 minutes for a huge load of towels, sheets and 2 pairs of jeans wasn't enough. Go figure! (I'm sounding a bit like Lucylee's dh right now!)

The party was fine. We stayed for two hours and circulated quite well. After we got home, dh said, "I don't think I've ever got so exhausted at a party before." and I had to point out he's never been to a party the same day he had anesthetic and an operation before. He did admit that might be the source of his exhaustion!

Now we are off to bed, although dh is checking email first. We sold two books today but one of the two would like some training too. He just doesn't have the minimum number of students for us to go to him (Knoxville!) so dh will be offering he send fewer people here. We'll see how this works out.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:49 pm

Dinner is done, dishes are unloaded and put away; granny duty is done. It's been a rough day for me sigh I fell coming up the concrete steps by the kitchen door I'm okay except I now have a split on my thumb like when I have dry skin in the winter I just got my fingers all healed up drat; it was bleading I had to put a band aid on it. I had a good cry over that then I went for a 1 mi. walk to get some perspective on things that have been omm.

Dstepgrandson will be here Sat. for 6 days mostly to see the well used small sized pick up truck his dad bought for him and to work on it. I've been trying to get cookie dough ready to bake and take over for the grand kids.

Hoping I can get a white elephant gift ready for the gift exchange at church and some cookies for that but I'm just having my annual Dec. melt down at least over diff. things this year have not been any where for days. I just don't seem to be up for that.

Dgd & I took a little walk about in the yard and discovered several piles of deer poop that was pretty exciting for her! LOL! :lol:

We have a bit of fog and the air inversion is not leaving until Tues. sigh I was so hoping it was going to be gone by Fri. like they first predicted.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:04 am

(((Nancy))) I'm sorry you've had a rough day.

I still need to wrap those gifts. I've been doing chores and waiting on a return phone call. I just knew that if I started wrapping, I wouldn't have enough hands to deal with paper, tape, the phone and a pen at the same time.

Big Bang Theory was a rerun tonight, thank goodness, because I'm out of room for recording and have no time to watch.

Harriet ~ Thanks but :oops: you're giving too much credit to my wrapping skills. I'm just so happy that I was able to find appropriate gifts within the budget that I wanted, I'm not being too fussy about the wrapping.

I'm using wrapping papers and tags that came in the mail from different charities asking for money. They are pretty and festive and I can't see any logo or words identifying the organizations.

The packages for the sewing friends' ornaments were roughly shaped like a funnel or cornucopia because that was the general shape of the "ribbon" spirals. These popcorn bags with clips will look like blobs -- but they'll smell really good! :) Who can resist popcorn?

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:09 am

:D :D :D Happy birthday, Indiana!!! :D :D :D
I hope you had lots of fun on your day!!!

It has been quite a day here. Go to J&C.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”