Friday Frolic

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lilac

Friday Frolic

Postby Lilac » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:19 am

It is barely Friday but thought I would start out the day posting.

Lilac

Re: Friday Frolic

Postby Lilac » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:28 am

After a 16 hour day, I am winding down and heading to bed. I can't believe all the stuff that is still here. I haven't moved any of my kitchen things. There are some that have been moved but they are things that I don't use a lot, so they lived elsewhere in the house. I am wondering if everything is going to fit. Time will tell. Dh moved boxes for me today plus a bunch of odd jobs for the move. Tonight he sorted through all the computer stuff. A bunch was thrown away because he says we don't have a computer that will use these things. He cleaned that whole area up. I was so thankful. I can tell you that it will be awhile before this move is finished, even if we are staying at the new house. Ugh. I do know that I will have to get rid of things if I run out of space because I refuse to have a junk room again.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:40 am

thanks for opening Lilac.

Happy Birthday Indiana.

Helia - on a resizing website I eventually found a setting for that "too much picture memory " thing. I can't tell you off hand what they called it.

I had builder look at my house / building issues today. reassuring.
Will attend some things via easiest routes.
Onward without dispair.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:05 am

Hope you got some rest, Lilac. I hope to never move again myself! I feel a headache coming on just thinking about it. As it is, I'm still looking for things!

Have to quickly s2s -have to take dgd to school in 1/2 hour :? DH is up. I'm up and have taken A i r b or ne -hoping to stave off this cold everyone seems to have. But I was fighting a sore throat from about 3am on.

I'm off -hoping to bbl.

Oh, and Lilac, I LOVE a frolic!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:24 am

Lilac, I am just so excited for you in this move! I know it seems like an incredible amount of work, but it seems sorta nice to be starting out fresh -- having the reason/necessity to declutter as you go, etc. I hope y'all will just LOVE it in the new house.
Same for Nancy & MT. I hope y'all both have fun getting your new homes settled in!

Well... I'm off for half a day at school; then we will leave for Nashville.
Be back Sat. night.

Thank you all sooo sooo much for all the support re: ddad. I love you girls.

Good morning to Lynlee, Dee -- hope you feel better soon -- and all the rest of you who haven't checked in yet! Have a FANTASTIC, frolicking Friday!
Tomorrow is another day.

helia

Postby helia » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:14 am

Good morning! Everyone is out the door. I have s2socks. Called the Dr.'s office -- I likely have a UTI, and they are prescribing antibiotics for me sight unseen b/c they don't have room to see me in the office today. Not sure how I feel about that, but it will be good to get this cleared up. I'm only mildly uncomfortable, so it's not too severe. I am using Azo cranberry tabs -- I got the idea here from Harriet years ago. I think her dmom used them?? And I am drinking a lot. I used 2 Azo UTI test strips, 1 last night, 1 this morning to determine if I should call the Doc today. Both were very positive for leukocytes but negative for nitrites. . . . The bad thing about antibiotics is that I will very likely get an accompanying yeast infection. My body just does that. :? Azo tabs for that will help too. . . Sorry is TMI.

My day: I'm off to WW in a bit. I don't want to go; I had a pretty bad -- or good, depending on one's perspective ;) -- week eating-wise. Then, I need to finalize Cmas gift shopping. Dd13's oboe lesson is at 3:15 today, switched from Tuesday.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:16 am

I'm up and s2s. I've cleaned the upstairs bathrooms, tidied our bedroom, made jello for dh, did the ironing and unloaded the dishwasher. Now it is time for tea and chocolate under the SAD light.

I'm overwhelmed with all I have to do today and tomorrow that isn't social, just cleaning, and Christmas prep plus a border run.

Must email ds now.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:29 am

The move is on! It makes me nervous having my furniture moved. I am so nit picky and hate scratches, dings, etc. All the furniture is hard wood, maple or oak. I just keep thinking that there is no way dh and I could have done it ourselves and at this busy time of year no one else would have had time to help. It is worth the $130 an hour.

We are leaving my computer here and hooked up, hoping they don't shut off the cable.

OKay

Postby OKay » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:17 pm

YEAH Lilac!!! I'm so excited for your moving day to arrive! After days/weeks/months of planning it is finally here! Remember the end goal of being in your new home and hopefully any furniture moving owies will be minor

Indiana - I'm looking forward to your return today!

I woke up this morning so excited to wake up in my own bed and in my own home. My own coffee pot filled with my familiar coffee and a limited amount of it! :lol: i told DH that I must be getting set-in-my-ways because the familiar routines feel so very good to slide back into.

Cards counts are brought up to date. I didn't penalize myself for not completing all my normal cards while being away from home. Yesterday was Day 180 that I have been consistently doing/tracking SHE cards. If I skip doing them while at home - then I have to start the count back at Day 1 again. (that rule does help keep me motivated not to skip!!!)

Every card is taking longer than normal today because everything is behind. I did 6 days worth of MPB daily finances (bank deposits, updates to spreadsheet) this morning when i would have normally only processed 1 day worth. There are no left-overs to fill in with the menu so I'm starting from scratch today.

Pizza dough is made and rising. I'm nervous about our ability to only eat ONE portion of pizza instead of eating it all. I will serve the pizza with a large rainbow salad so our plates will be full. Doing away with old habit of eating pizza until it is gone and replacing that old habit with proper portion has me wondering if I am that strong. AND I'm also wondering WHAT is a portion size serving of pizza? That is answer I need before serving lunch today.

Off to look up pizza serving size

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:23 pm

Good Morning!!

So far I have S2Crocs, made bed, washed towels (still spinning), dust and damp mopped tile and erased footsteps in kitchen. Still need to do dishes, erase footsteps in bedroom, LR and den and then vacuum and I will be done cleaning for the day. DH took out the wastebaskets and shook throw rugs for me.

We will be headed for the city in a bit to pick up on-line purchases at HD and groceries. Mostly baking and Christmas dinner items.

Did I tell you I bought a Kitchenaid mixer for me for Christmas? I was able to find a reconditioned one at about 1/2 price and am now waiting for delivery.

Have a great Frolicking Friday!!
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Return to “Post When You Can”