Friday Frolic

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Friday Frolic

Postby Harriet » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:48 pm

Elizabeth, could you share why you are thinking of changing from watercolor pencils? A small set of those was an idea we were batting around for dd13's stocking. I know you are busy now, but one of these days also post for us in Art, Craft and Needlework thread and let us know what type of drawings you're working on.

Lynlee is clothing some sweet doll with her sewing machine, too - let us know how she looks!

I am about to hop in the shower with a shower cap on and get clean from a long day of cleaning other things. As soon as I changed the vacuum canister on the outdoor walkway and it poofed I knew I'd need a spif myself! Then in the a.m. I'll visit my colorist - I have my alarm set so that I'll be up earlier than anyone else.

Our hallway and staircase are pristine. Both bathrooms are nice, with a new soap dish (repurposed) and all paper, Dixie Cups refilled,etc. Oh, I didn't get all the kitchen mopped, but I can remember that one thing. Our own bedroom looks as nice and neat as it has in a long time. Dd13's linens are all washed and changed and she's done everything except vacuum - guess I can remember one more thing.

I won't be able to sleep until I hear from dd33, so I hope they have made the trip well - it is really raining. I tried to leave the house as welcoming as I could, with lights on, temp set at 70, new sheets.

Right now my ddad is back up and we are trying to convince him he's only been asleep a few hours. Surely that won't last long.

editing - everyone safe, sound, sleeping.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:25 pm

Hi, everyone. It is now only 7:50 p.m., but feels like it should be much later in the evening. We were up early and have been busy all day.

Indiana....I'm sending Happy Birthday Wishes your way - a little late, but heartfelt!

Dh and I are settling back into a more normal routine. He is getting stronger and in less pain each day and it is easier to get around. He is using a cane to steady his balance as he walks. Wednesday he had a dr. appointment to remove the stitches and splints from his nose. It's much easier to breathe now, though it will still take another four weeks or so to completely heal. Harriet, and all...thank you for all the good thoughts for dh.

Yesterday was desk day for the week. Today we went out for some errands. The normal stuff like post office, downtown to pay the utilities and tax office to pay property taxes. I'm glad that's done for another year!

Lilac....it's nice to read that you are pleased with how your new house looks with all your own things there.

Cute verse to the Hee Haw song, Harriet. We used to watch that show all the time.

Kathryn.... stopping to help the stranded young man was a wonderful good deed.

China: We still have our good set of china from when we got married. It is called Royal Swirl and it is white with a pink rose and gray leaves. http://search.replacements.com/texis/se ... al%20Swirl . Our every day dishes are Corelle; the white with yellow butterfly/flower pattern. We've had these since 1972....not a full set for 12 anymore, need some replacements. We still have our good crystal glassware my daunt gave us for our wedding. It is a very pretty wheat pattern and the full set for four. Dh always teases me because I don't use it much.

I've enjoyed reading of everyone's holiday preparations. I'm also thinking of all who are facing trying times and need special good thoughts, prayers and lots of ((Hugs)).
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:50 pm

I forgot to say that I'm loving looking at everyone's china patterns.

Sunny Thanks for the update from your corner of the village. Nice to see you posting.

It is snowing here, it was just starting as ds and I were coming home and we were joking that it did the same thing last time we did a border run. Yesterday, our high was 52. Today we have snow. And it will be gone before long if the forecast is right. Gotta love changeable weather!

We are due for cold and sunshine for the next two days so I have a load of laundry ready to run first thing in the morning so I can get it on the line in the morning.

Good night everyone!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:21 am

Another couple pretty china patterns. Nice!

I so enjoyed getting the Christmas china out and set up. It looked so pretty. I notice one cup is missing its little handle so I must look for a replacement for that.

Ha! Today my tables are clear. Have not been before, and probably won't be starting tomorrow. But it was nice while it lasted!

We had fun tonight. Food was good. While we were waiting for the last lady who was late at work, we had a veggie platter, and the guys went out and sat around the fire DH started on his fire pit he built. They had fun and we gals had a chat inside until last lady showed up and food was cooked. We haven't been together for a few months so this was nice.

Everyone seemed to really appreciate that we managed to get together. They ooohed and awwwed over the little tins of cookies I gave them like they were really something special. So all the effort totally worthwhile, and I have a nice clean house inside and out.

I must get to my cards next and gifts bought, I have never been this late doing these things.

It is nice having you gals to chat with. Sunny, I am so happy to read dbil is feeling better.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:34 am

Waving to Dove
Harriet - I did get sewing machine going. restitched the elastic on borrowed doll clothes. took a pattern from them. If I get good I'll upload photos to this computer and try again with taking some of new things. Still have photo of crotchet quilt on my camera since last christmas. lol Kathryn got to see it at least.
Yes I want to get sewing again.
Pulled out an ufo from the stash old enough the busy florals may be in again. lol. Thats for me.
Will recut it slightly from another top. Went through my pattern stash. Theres just enough to wedge in an icecream container. Found some I'd like to do again. Some I think never used. sigh - missing was the little girl dress pattern. Maybe it went to dm's. Hoping to make a smaller edition of 4yo pattern I have. 1yo is in size 2 clothes for height. it has a front and back bib and side ties. Will add a skirt i/l rompers short or pants long as made for dd2. Easy for sun dress or pinny.

k. to pet duty.
trying to get to mass then carols tonight so I'll need my skates on to get there.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”