Simply Sunday Simplifying

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Indiana

Re: Simply Sunday Simplifying

Postby Indiana » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:43 pm

Lilac I have been thinking about you moving. Good idea to move as much as you can before the storm.

lucylee you are so cute.

Brunch was great as usual. They change items so I never tire of them. I have tried everything and have some favotites.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:45 pm

Lucylee I don't have a smart phone because I'm not sure I could figure out how to use it. Let me know how the iPhone goes for you!

Between events. Molly's Mistress was at the party. YAY!!!!!

Had a great time, now on to the next event.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:51 pm

I simplified by skipping the cookie /white elephant gift exchange pot luck last night at church for our age bracket. Instead opting for a nice peaceful quiet evening at home I got the cookies frosted for the bake sale loaded & delivered to the church today for the youth bake sale auction today when we went after wards we got a store run in.

It helps to see how I"m not the only one flustered over cookie exchanges. Thanks K in C for letting me know I"m not alone.

At the in store sub way at W-mart our first time eating there was sort of a bust. One of us lost a meat ball out of our sandwich and got it on a shirt. ~Sigh~ not good. I did a couple of extra laps at the store for exercise while we were that at least it was warm.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:00 pm

We are now on our way up the hill to the christmas cantata at our church. this'll be the first time we drive the hill in the dark
scary
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:21 pm

Enjoy the cantata music, Emptynester. Thinking of you on a safe and confident drive.

((Nancy)) You don't look like you're retaining water at all. You look great.

Thanks, Indiana and lucylee. I'm sure I have at least a small chip on my shoulder from previous years and years, so it helps me if others see something off-kilter here, too. Dsonil says it makes it a happier Christmas for dfirstsisteril if she gets to look very generous, and that might be true for anyone - quite understandable. But, since dfirstsisteril's method is to first kill off any competing generosity, that's where intentions take a slightly negative turn! :D

Just before dd33's family left for a week back at their home, we visited dcousin whom Kathryn met (the one who cared for his mother until her death) and I was able to give him his gift in a rather festive way, with the children around. He and dd33 talked genealogy while dsonil took the boys to see the geese and the water.

Then friends came and spent the evening. Husband stayed with son and HRH here comparing computer games while we 2 women and 3 daughters hit the mall quickly for some things the wife needed. At Macy's I stumbled onto $20 "walking" type boy baby shoes on sale for $3. How in the world did that happen. She bought a pair, too, when we could believe final price at register, for her nephew. Back home again and yet another computer friend of HRH's had arrived, so it had definitely been "men's night" at our house. It was all very festive, but we were constantly having to reassure my ddad, who thought everyone needed a place prepared to sleep here.

Already found the right box for the little walking shoes, so I can put this day "to bed" and feel everything is tied up with a bow. Until tomorrow, when I think of all the things I've neglected! Ha! Tomorrow will be the day to put up the card wreath - I always love that.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:34 pm

Indiana -- ???
Tomorrow is another day.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:46 pm

Hello...

Today started out as a Simple Sunday for us. We talked about going Christmas shopping, but decided not to because we thought the stores might be crowded today. We decided to make cookies with dough we had in fridge. We made up those cookies and decided to do a different one also, but needed some margarine, flour etc. So we ended up going out to W-M anyway; and, yes, they were crowded!

((Harriet...)), ((Nancy...)).

Dfam#2 came yesterday and ddil's navy bean soup was delicious. Ds#1 and family did not come yesterday or today; he had to work today. We will see them sometime this week and probably Christmas day. Dfam#2 will be in north Fl. with ddil's parents for the week, so we'll see them when they come home. I guess there always comes a time when family branches out in other directions creating their own traditions, etc. ...Sigh...

I've been thinking of everyone as you go about your daily activities preparing for the holidays, visiting family/friends etc. We still have to finish our shopping; dh has a doctor appointment tomorrow morning; there will be nurse visits and phys therapy this week. We'll simplify and keep it all as orderly as possible.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

OKay

Postby OKay » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:22 pm

LucyLee - why do you want a smartphone? I think your purpose will drive how easy it is to use. However I wouldn't worry much about learning to use it - you will soon have a grandchild to teach you. :lol: The little ones learn instantly.

EOD recap -
** Church was good this morning. They had candle light communion (I was taking care of little ones but they served us in there).
** LO played his drum pad on stage with the "real" musicians during the music part of the service. One of the regular players asked if he could and volunteered to help him. LO did excellent, so I suspect he may be playing every week on stage. LO has so many mentors that he is given many opportunities that are a bit out of normal.
** LO went to "big kids" class for the 1st time!!! Normally the little ones stay in nursery until they are 4 years old. However another one of LO mentors came to the nursery and asked if he wanted to attend "big kids" class. LO jumped at the chance and off he went.
** Lunch was simple - sandwiches, chips and cheese dip. I counted the chips (7) and only put one portion on each plate. I weighed the cheese before making the dip. 1 oz of cheese made plenty of dip for a single portion, but it was very small amount compared to what I used to make!! Learning portion control is a continuing process.
** I read for an hour this afternoon before deciding I didn't like the book I am reading. I'm going to delete it from the kindle and choose a different book to read.
** Took at two hour nap and woke up feeling refreshed.
** Spent 2 hours with Dparents. I prepared Ddad's med containers for the coming week, updated his medication list and made up a list of meds that need to be refilled in the next 2 weeks. Enjoyed visiting with long time friend that stopped by and brought Dparents a poinsettia. Dmom cooked smothered steak, green beans, corn, green salad, mashed potatoes & gravy. YUM!
Last edited by OKay on Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:29 pm

lucylee, I don't know exactly which thing she's talking about either, but the shoe fits!

Sunny, so does this mean Mr. Sunny is feeling well enough to shop at WMart in Dec? Good for him. I was actually surprised mall was not so crowded today, but you'd have never gotten me there if friend hadn't particularly asked me to go with her.

We were constantly confused by Macy's sale today. Items with no sale sign would pop up at register at extreme percentages off, while items from the sales racks that all said "30 percent off" would pop up in a variety of final sale percentages according to the register. We and others, including salespersons, were having to use the cash registers as a price checker, and everyone I saw buy there had some kind of surprise at their totals. Salespersons were jovial about it, but not explaining. So random.

Meant to tell that I did find all the Christmas children's books and today the grandboys and I read them together, and got the bits of frankincense and myrrh from the mantle to have a look-see at the gifts in the pictures. (I know, that's later, but it was in the children's books!) Eyes got wide at the book that opens with pop-up pictures.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:00 pm

Well, I think I want a smartphone b/c I'd like to have access to the internet more often. :? All the time, seems like, we're going around w/ds & ddil and something comes up and we say, "Look it up!" (Dh thinks I only want that part so it's easier to prove him wrong when we're arguing about something.) And the gps function would be useful sometimes, although dh says he would NEVER use that part of it.
But I think I have made up my mind -- no. B/C it looks like if I change phones at this point, I would have to change my nationwide unlimited calling -- which is currently around $45 p/month -- to the current plan which is $69.99. On top of that would be the data plan and messaging plan and I think that is just WAAAY too much.

I think I am going to ask for a dvr for our tv, and maybe a sweater or something.

DH is so disgusted w/me -- b/c I can't make up my mind about anything. * sigh * He does NOT think I am very cute right now. :oops:
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”