Good Planning Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Good Planning Tuesday

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:33 am

A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow. ~ George S. Patton

Throw off the yoke of excessive perfectionism and work on that "good enough" plan today.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Good Planning Tuesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:50 am

My first 'good enough' is that I'm wearing jeans to volunteering today, not dress pants. My dress pants don't have pockets and after I'm going to buy dh's Christmas present (I hope) and so I have a significant amount of cash in my pocket. Don't want that in my purse. I do have on a blouse and sparkly vest, and they are black jeans, but I'm still underdressed for usual.

I have a plan for dh's gift. If it doesn't work, I have a back-up plan for Thursday but that's cutting things awfully fine.

I didn't exercise today because I needed the extra rest.

Time for tea, chocolate and light therapy.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:09 am

Email is busy this morning. A musical card from friends in England. Pictures of a new first cousin once removed but no explanation for all the medical equipment hooked up to her. She's over 6 pounds so while small, isn't dangerously so. Will have to wait for news about that.

With dh being the oldest cousin and the father being the youngest, that's how he can be having his first child while we impatiently wait for our first grandchild to be conceived.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:24 am

I have two weeks before I need to be back at work - I intend to make the most of it. I can't do everything I would like to do, but there is still a substantial amount I can do, especially since we don't do Christmas in a big way.

Today I have lunch with a large group from office for a coworker who is retiring, then dr appt with dkids, and Hanukkah candle lighting and dinner tonight at JCC. In between there's routines and laundry catch up, making a masculine card for coworker, some temple biz and getting together my C(continuing)P(professional)E(education) records for office mgr and doing an hour of additional CPE. Also need to do some work on our health care reimbursement plan - verify what's left and get records of out-of-pocket scripts to submit.

from last evening:

Helia and Harmony, thanks for your comments on the house – our current house is what I think of as 2 & 2 – LR and DR as the front rooms, family room and kitchen directly behind them with hallways in the center so rooms aren't open to one another. We like the openness of this plan, and the master BR on the main level is important to us as we age!
Harmony, Hanukkah starts tonight!
Lucylee, most the hospitals that I go to with dmom do have wi-fi; if they don’t I have books and games on my iPad if I need entertainment!
Harriet, we are leaning toward the traditional façade with the “eyebrow” over the front door. I’m not sure which side of the lot the garage/MBR would go right now but we would have the one bigger dormer in the upstairs bonus room, which could be my crafting space.

Ds is up...going to do a few more A.m. routine chores and then make the card.
-empty dishwasher
-clear kitchen counters
-meds for me + ddogs
-reboot laundry
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:50 am

That round is done, and card is made. I'll take a photo, I hope, and post in arts, needlework and crafts later! I used a little bit of DP (Designer paper) that looks like the old fashioned accounting ledger on it as a background..

-make the bed
-dress and personal hygiene (not a shower day)
-take bag from trip upstairs and unpack it

Probably should stop at the bank on the way to office - I need to reimburse for lottery tickets and tax dept is playing again this week. No one wants to be the only one left in the office when we win it big!

OKay

Postby OKay » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:02 pm

calm
calm
calm
dealing with inept medical billing companies is driving me up the wall.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:13 pm

Waving morning greetings to all. Good morning the sunrise is lovely here today.
Got up gave up on trying to sleep in good thing bs was 63 had to eat some thing opted for the smaller cookie so that plan worked! :mrgreen: Granny duty in a bit. I need to think about doing something about cleaning the floors around here. A great place to begin.

Norma

Postby Norma » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:57 pm

HAPPY HANUKKAH TWINS MOM. We have been watching a Phoenix news show this morning and they have been at "Chompies"fixing all kinds of good food for tonight's celebration. Yum! Looks so delicious.

Haven't been on too much as DH's laptop is not to my liking plus very slow internet. I get disgusted and erase it all. :lol:

We have had two wonderful outings with Cowinkie and Sweetie and will see them again when they get back from Christmas on the East Coast. We do have fun!

INDIANA it is so good to see you and you appear to be doing much better. :D

I have been CUOP every day. I see hugs are due here and there and want you all to know I am thinking of you :D Have a wonderful week before Christmas.
I go to nature to be soothed and healed , and to have my senses put in order. John Burroughs

Dove

Postby Dove » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:08 pm

Smiled when I saw the title for today as planning is first on my list after this tea break. I've been jotting down things to do as they have popped into my head the last few days, and all those little things are adding up. A few years ago I wrote out a list of things to do every Christmas & refer to it often. Many of the recent "to do" thoughts center on preparing for guests -- dsis & dbil are coming for Christmas :D ! Well, technically the week after Christmas. It will be so good to see them!

I need to do some extra spiffing, especially in the guest room, & decide on some dinner menus. Then do an inventory to see what ingredients I have on hand & make a list of what I still need to buy. I'm also down to one stick of butter & about 2 cups of flour which is not good when there is more cookie baking to be done :) .

Wrestling with a cold here. Feel punky in the mornings but better as the day goes on. Have used my low energy times for wrapping & only have the kid gifts left to do.

I'm off to write out that "good enough" plan ;) . Think I'll write two lists: one of "really must do" things & the other will be things "to do if there is time".

Waving ~~~~~ to everyone! Have a wonderful day! :)

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:37 pm

Hi everyone! We are sliding down the home stretch, aren't we?!

I straightened out my desk in an attempt to find a receipt which disappeared the minute I laid it down. Really. I was sitting there with it in my hand but DH picked up his phone and I waited and then pffffft it was gone. I have cleaned up my desk, every sq inch and it is just gone. Not a biggey, but that sort of thing drives me crazy!

Did whatever work was waiting on big project from yesterday. Made those durn phone calls. I usually send faxes because people tend to forget to send what I ask...this time I used phone, we'll see.

I have errands to run, and all paperwork is gathered for that (bank stuff) and I simply must get done with Christmas gifts. So that is my plan for today.

rant rant :arrow:
DD1 was pressing me for details about when we are coming for the holiday, as if 2 more for dinner couldn't be added in at the last minute. DD2 might be shopping Sat. so couldn't give me a definite (I'm really getting tired of her being so unorganized and unable to have/host anything and not even wanting people into her chaos home). And I stuck my neck out and made a decision and not sure it was the right one. We may end up with nowhere to go Christmas eve. I'm not a happy camper at the moment. Maybe I should have just told DD1 we'll be there the whole time...but it's too late now.

Why can't people be flexible when stuff is not definite? This kind of stuff drives me up a wall. Ruins the whole "flavor" of the holiday. And I don't want to spend the rest of my week up till Christmas worrying. sigh......... ok, you can all go back to what you were doing....rant over....

Return to “Post When You Can”